I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, hope I didn’t reply to you twice about this, the thread moves so fast I can barely catch up :)

I opened only for the easy funding and nice $300 bonus for pretty easy requirements. I plan to close as soon as I have open for the required amount of time. I’ll just keep 5k in there to keep fee free. This is the second PNC account I’ve opened (other was closed more than 2 years ago so I can get the bonus again).
This thread does move really fast! It's hard for me to catch up lol. We were decided on joining Heritage Bank, but DH isn't sure now. He doesn't like the idea of sending all of our money to them via check and then having to wait 10 days to have access to that money.

I’d try variations of the name...

First Land
1st Land (?)
Furstland

Also, try sending a test payment with MasterCard to get it established then go back and switch it to visa. Mortgages are allowed on MC.
How would I send a test payment with MasterCard?

Oh, since we’ve taken a small tangent into talking about Plastiq, I ran into a Plastiq employee at the Costco food court the other day. Like most techies, he was wearing a t-shirt with the company logo on it, and their office is about a block from the Costco in SF.

Too bad you couldn't ask him a bunch of questions to pick his brain. Don't want to let the cat out of the bag on the workarounds. Of course, they are readily available on the net.

It’s a really bad idea. Plastiq has your billing address from your credit card. If you try to send a check to yourself, Plastiq can put two and two together. Many churners have tried and got caught. A lot of times, it’s a stern email saying payments to yourself or individuals are prohibited, but you do not want to draw attention to your account or ruin this service for yourself.

What you’re suggesting is essentially manufactured spending (“MS”), which Plastiq does not allow. If you send a payment to yourself, there’s nothing Plastiq can do to make sure you don’t just deposit their check into your account to pay off the bill for the credit card that you used to fund the payment in the first place. Many credit card agreements also prohibit activities that can be described as MS. Plastiq makes a lot of effort to prevent and catch MS, comply with credit card guidelines, and basically stay legit with the credit card networks they process your payments on. We all benefit from this because when a Plastiq charge posts to our credit cards, it’s presumed legitimate, earns points and counts towards MSR.

Now, you might be thinking, what’s the difference between paying yourself, which is prohibited by Plastiq and the credit card companies, and finding a workaround to paying your mortgage, which is prohibited by Visa and Amex? Plausible deniability on the latter. Plastiq supports mortgage payments on Mastercards and Discover, and the process for setting up a payment is the same as for Visa and Amex. Since there’s no uniform way to set up a new Recipient, you might just have formatted it in such a way that doesn’t exactly match what Plastiq has for that mortgage company that you can’t pay with a Visa or Amex. If it slips through, it was a simple mistake; if it doesn’t work or is caught later on, now you know and it was always YMMV.
Thanks for the detailed response! I'll let DH know that that isn't a good plan. I'll have to see if there is a way around their name otherwise we will have to find another way to make the $5000 spending requirement.

Seriously, your eldest is the spitting image of you in that pic. The eyes, smile, cheeks, even the chin and face shape.
I thought the same thing!

I love that the homeschool grad looks like a big deal just like regular school grads. It encourages me to pursue it. I have a fear of my kids missing out on that sort of thing with homeschooling. How in the world do you find big groups like htat though? Do they go to tutorial?

Looks like today's spending towards MSRs will be at the drug store... DH just texted me that he had to pull over on the side of the road on the way to work and got sick and is now on his way home. UGH. Apparently there is a bug going around, but I really do not want to get sick since I already have to take this Friday off for a horse show! Looks like I'll be purchasing anti-nausea meds and some Clorox wipes, because I'll be wiping down everything in the house tonight!

Just send $100 payment using a mastercard. Then, once that goes through, go back in and switch the payment method to CIP and try to send the rest of the payment on it.

ETA: But when you send it, also do the name differently...First Land or something. It will go through fine with MC, this is just so it hopefully doesn't flag when you send on CIP next time.

Update on my CIC app: You've been approved!

Apparently things still process at odd hours. I had checked the status line around 7:30 ish pm ET last night and still 30 days. Had a bit of insomnia so checked again kinda stupid early this morning (like 4 am) and sometime in the interim I had been approved. I called again just now to confirm to make sure I didn't dream it :D

Reducing credit lines paid off. In total I reduced 14k and got back 12k on the CIC. (I'm now exactly 60% CL to income with Chase) So I thought that was not bad to only lose 2k but then I realized I still lost 14k because this won't report on my CR :headache: But I still have crazy high CL to income so it's a good trade off. And leaves me room in case I have to move credit next year when I go for another one (like 12 months or more for realz)

While I was concerned after @wendow 's denial being so similar (and being even less than @mhartman09 ), I think the different here is I don't already have an Ink card.
1 yr in business, $650 revenue, Retail - Used are my app stats. But with a first card that's probably ok, 2nd card maybe not?

So I'm done. This was crazy, I opened 4 cards in less than 90 days with 18k in MSR's :scared: (2 biz, 2 personal) I don't think I've ever done that before, let alone with minimum spends, even in my heyday of taking anything they'd approve me for just to have credit. The crazy part is only 2 out of 4 contractors for my home projects take CC's so only about 11k is covered. Somehow we can spend 7k over 5 months outside of the loans, I think I'm more scared of that fact :P
I'm hoping Marriott keeps a high sign up bonus until the end of the year and if so, maybe around Oct/Nov I try for that but then I'm officially done until late 2019. It's P2's turn if anything else pops up good and we can figure out how to meet the MSR.

We actually don't send checks in. Right now they are just taking it directly out of our checking account. The whole company's name is Firstland Mortgage

Have you checked our reddit page @Lain has a really good write up that would probably help you with your wording. There are work arounds and you could probably get it through.

Check the suggestions on how to address payment to Firstland in the quoted post I linked in my reply to you above. I took down the original post because people are right that it's best to keep these things on the down low.

What @disneymagicgirl is suggesting is once you set up the "new Recipient," you can make a small test payment of like $100 to "First Land Mtg. Serv." (or however you addressed it), and if it goes through without Plastiq holding it for review, and if it gets to your mortgage company and applies to your account, you'll likely be able to make a full payment with a Visa without your payment getting flagged.

This thread does move really fast! It's hard for me to catch up lol. We were decided on joining Heritage Bank, but DH isn't sure now. He doesn't like the idea of sending all of our money to them via check and then having to wait 10 days to have access to that money.

I'm not familiar with Heritage but usually you can open it with a minimal amount, like $50 and then you can transfer the rest of the money electronically once it's established. That's what I do when I'm opening accounts, especially if I plan to keep it so I can operate out of old and new for a while. What's the minimum you can open the account with? Can you send that as a check and then gradually move the rest of the funds over a couple weeks?

Update on my CIC app: You've been approved!

Apparently things still process at odd hours. I had checked the status line around 7:30 ish pm ET last night and still 30 days. Had a bit of insomnia so checked again kinda stupid early this morning (like 4 am) and sometime in the interim I had been approved. I called again just now to confirm to make sure I didn't dream it :D

Reducing credit lines paid off. In total I reduced 14k and got back 12k on the CIC. (I'm now exactly 60% CL to income with Chase) So I thought that was not bad to only lose 2k but then I realized I still lost 14k because this won't report on my CR :headache: But I still have crazy high CL to income so it's a good trade off. And leaves me room in case I have to move credit next year when I go for another one (like 12 months or more for realz)

While I was concerned after @wendow 's denial being so similar (and being even less than @mhartman09 ), I think the different here is I don't already have an Ink card.
1 yr in business, $650 revenue, Retail - Used are my app stats. But with a first card that's probably ok, 2nd card maybe not?

So I'm done. This was crazy, I opened 4 cards in less than 90 days with 18k in MSR's :scared: (2 biz, 2 personal) I don't think I've ever done that before, let alone with minimum spends, even in my heyday of taking anything they'd approve me for just to have credit. The crazy part is only 2 out of 4 contractors for my home projects take CC's so only about 11k is covered. Somehow we can spend 7k over 5 months outside of the loans, I think I'm more scared of that fact :P
I'm hoping Marriott keeps a high sign up bonus until the end of the year and if so, maybe around Oct/Nov I try for that but then I'm officially done until late 2019. It's P2's turn if anything else pops up good and we can figure out how to meet the MSR.

:drinking: I think I need a drink! That was hold my breath, white knuckle stuff whether you'd get approved for a Chase biz card a month after your Sapphire double dip! For realz :lmao:, good idea to chill on Chase and get Player 2 into the game.

CONGRATULATIONS are in order!
:cool1::banana:party::cheer2::cool1::woohoo:

APPROVAL DANCE PARTY!

some ppl dont listen... :\ A friend of mine is struggling with her MSR right now... she wont tell me how much she has left, the only thing ive told her to do is start buying VGCs at grocery stores, shes planning on buying a laptop and then returning it to meet MSR. i facepalmed so hard...

Do stores actually allow you to put gift cards on a credit card? One local store for sure won't allow gift cards to be put on credit cards - you have to use cash or a debit card.

I am trying to apply for that Hilton Amex for 125k (fixed it!) sign up bonus but I cannot find a link to the application anywhere. I did a mock booking and only got the 75k sign up bonus offer. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Dom Perignon, caviar with chilled vodka, lobster salad, Lobster Thermidor and elderflower parfait! I’m stuffed and it’s time to go to bed. Night night from our awesomesauce SPG redemption on Singapore Suites Dischurner peeps!

View attachment 323334

Calypso! I love that photo! Thanks so much for sharing. Could you please share how many points and how you used spg points to book this? Transfer to Singapore Airlines?

:drinking: I think I need a drink! That was hold my breath, white knuckle stuff whether you'd get approved for a Chase biz card a month after your Sapphire double dip! For realz :lmao:, good idea to chill on Chase and get Player 2 into the game.

CONGRATULATIONS are in order!
:cool1::banana:party::cheer2::cool1::woohoo:

APPROVAL DANCE PARTY!

Oh I agree, there's going to be some drinking! It's not something I'd recommend, I knew I was taking a risk. But I'm also not quite like most folks in this game as I haven't really churned cards, so my CR's and application habits are a little different. I have very little inquiries, the 4 in the 4/24 have been spaced out over 12 months, until the double dip I hadn't opened a Chase card since 2011, I have at least 13 year history with Chase, never churned one of their cards... and this combination may never happen again! Too crazy :)

Thanks for all the support, though, to everyone! Even your crazy advice to go for it in middle of the night on a weekend :laughing:

Do stores actually allow you to put gift cards on a credit card? One local store for sure won't allow gift cards to be put on credit cards - you have to use cash or a debit card.

Many big stores allow gift cards (including visa/mc gift cards) on credit card. CVS, Kroger, Walmart, Meijer, Staples are just a few examples. There are many more. But some stores and even big chains are much more strict and require cash or debit like you said.

If you're looking to meet MSR on a specific card we can give you some suggestions on the best stores to take advantage of any category bonuses.

I am trying to apply for that Hilton Amex for 150k sign up bonus but I cannot find a link to the application anywhere. I did a mock booking and only got the 75k sign up bonus offer. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!
I believe at least 2 fellow DIS credit card lovers posted the link in the DISChurners Reddit.

Edited to add that this is the 125k offer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter