I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you bought a gift card at your 7-11 that had a gas station and it coded as gas? What kind of gift cards
did they carry? thanks

I was buying my tmobile gc there until they stop me once. I have stopped buy there after i got my CI+. I know they have some visa gift cards there, thats all i remember. Ill have to go look again to see.

For those who are thinking of applying for the CIP soon, it might be worth waiting until next week to see if the signup offer increases to 100k UR for Small Business Week. DoC is reporting the rumor: (Rumor) Chase to Offer INK Preferred 100,000 Points Signup Bonus for Small Business Week

heh, i think its probably gonna require me to go in and apply in person. at least i dont have to talk to a BRM.

heh, i think its probably gonna require me to go in and apply in person. at least i dont have to talk to a BRM.

The skeptical side of me thinks this is probably true, but then how would it be different than right now when you can walk in branch and apply for the 100k UR offer with a BRM?

I'm not suggesting this is the best use of SPG points, but if you were thinking of converting any to AAdvantage points there is a 25% promo going until May 31st.

So if I understand correctly 20000 SPG plus 5000 transfer bonus usually gets you 25000 AA points. With this promo AA give you an extra 25% so 20000 SPG effectively becomes 31,250 AAdvantage Miles.

It actually becomes 30,000 AA miles - you only get 25% extra on the 20,000 Starpoints transferred over. At least, when I've done it before that's how it worked.

OK, so i could use some more help. Now that WDW is booked and waiting for 5-31 to book SW. i can't wait till November. i am looking for the next big vacation. I just found out last night that i will be heading back to the burgh... Pittsburgh..... got to love it. I am going to need to stay in downtown for a few days. then again in august for a few days. I don't really do a lot of hotels. Only a few a year. Last year it was only spg because of the card. Here is my situation: I am not sure what to do for hotels. I have the SW premier (will close soon so i can work on CP next year), CSP,CSR, SPG, CIP. i am currently 4/24, being the CIP was opened in 3/18. Should i open a card that will help with my 2020 plans for Hawaii and stay at that hotel or do i put the spend on a current card. I finally have my wife on board as 2 player mode. she is 2/24 with it being the CSP and i cant believe but a JC Penny card. lol i was shocked..... i told her there goes a valuable chase slot and she said but i save 65 dollars on the kids clothing. LOL i have not read our Reddit page about Hawaii yet so i will soon. i wasn't sure if doing a Marriott vacation page would work or stay at a Hilton in Hawaii. i know this planning is very early but i would like to maximize all and any points. thanks.

Do you want to keep your Southwest premier and have your wife go for the companion pass for next year? The referral offer may not be as good at the time though so it may not be worth paying an annual fee again.

If you are going for the two Southwest cards you should refer your wife to the CIP next that’s 100k UR. To keep you busy until next year stay under 5/24 with Amex business cards.

I need to earn IHG points for an upcoming trip. I cannot get the IHG Chase CC because I am over 5/24 right now and I also want the CFU.... Are there other ways to get IHG besides:
  • Chase UR - I have just about enough...don't want to wipe out my URs unless I have to.
  • Erewards - I have been hitting this hard to get IHG instead of SW, my usual redemption here. I should be able to get about 4,000 IHG points a month. So this is a slow earner, but totally free.
  • Opinion Check in Surveys - really dislike this one, but have been doing it every day to get my five, 5-point disqualifications. 25 points a day is not much but I guess it will add up over time. And every now and then I actually qualify for a survey and get some "bonus" points.
Eventually I will get the IHG CC, but in the meantime what are other ways to get some IHG points without buying them? (Also, don't want a business card at this point since I don't have a business or a "business.")

So was the consensus for @wisconsinmom to lower limits? I am at almost exact number and I would really like the CIP. If you add in my AU accounts (do they look at those also?) with DH then I am almost 100% of household income with Chase!

My limits are:
SW Plus - $5000 (was $25000 but I dispersed a few months ago to my Sapphires)
SW Premier - $29000
Sapphire Reserved $11000
Sapphire Preferred $26000

I was going to cancel my SW plus so I dispersed most of the limit, but then decided to keep it thinking I could refer DH to both of them later this year. That plan is not going to work now and my Premier is now due so I think I will cancel that one. Should I cancel it with the $29k on there or disperse some of it? Any thoughts?

It's been pretty slow around here (e.g., I've actually caught up with this weekend's posts). Everybody busy slogging through Amex MSRs?

Paid some bills this morning, and it looks like we've met DW's SPG Biz $7k MSR! I'm about halfway through my MB Platinum $5k MSR, and then onto my SPG Personal $3k MSR. The struggle is real. Good luck everybody!

Last edited:
Here's a DoC article showing when issuers report utilization to the credit reporting agencies: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/credit-utilization-reporting-dates-for-each-card-issuer/

This would relate to our discussion yesterday about paying off cards early or paying off cards prior to applying. Since AMEX and Chase are the two we're primarily focusing on, if you want AMEX to show $0 usage you need to payoff your balance a few days before your statement closing date. For Chase, they actually will send an update to the Credit Agencies after you payoff a card. I have found both of these to be accurate statements in my experience as well :)

The skeptical side of me thinks this is probably true, but then how would it be different than right now when you can walk in branch and apply for the 100k UR offer with a BRM?

I believe a brm has the right to make the decision. if u do it with regular employee, it's probably the system making the decision.

Hi! New here but not to DIS or WDW. We’ve been 4 times since 2013. But as our family grew and prices climbed we started looking elsewhere to vacation. Until I found cc hacking! We were planning on a trip in Nov 2020 but feared the SPG changes and bumped it up to Nov ‘18! We’re staying the 3rd-8th either at either SWAN or Dolphin (any preferences?) for 9,600 + 5th night free. I’ll then have 2 adult and 4 kids tickets (4 day base), roughly $800 in food, $130 in parking, and $200 in gas to cover this trip. I do have 73k (working on another 53k) UR points but I’d like to use those as a last resort. What ways would you go about tackling this? I’m leaning towards a travel eraser card or bank account opening bonuses. Thoughts?

As a couple we’ve opened 2 CsP, 2 Spg, and 1 IHG since Jan ‘18. Hoping to work SW companion pass early next year.

Are those 2 SPG personal or business cards? If personal - one of you has opened 3 cards and 1 has opened 2 in just 4 months. You want to be cautious if you hit Chase for any more cards so you aren't perceived as running too fast. It could just result in a denial but you could also risk shutdown which wouldn't be good.

The bank account bonus option isn't a bad idea. I'd consider using your URs to purchase tickets. For the other expenses, if I were in your shoes I'd hold on to my URs (vs. cashing out at 1cpp) and just buy some discounted Disney Gift Cards and keep those points for future trips.

I need to earn IHG points for an upcoming trip. I cannot get the IHG Chase CC because I am over 5/24 right now and I also want the CFU.... Are there other ways to get IHG besides:
  • Chase UR - I have just about enough...don't want to wipe out my URs unless I have to.
  • Erewards - I have been hitting this hard to get IHG instead of SW, my usual redemption here. I should be able to get about 4,000 IHG points a month. So this is a slow earner, but totally free.
  • Opinion Check in Surveys - really dislike this one, but have been doing it every day to get my five, 5-point disqualifications. 25 points a day is not much but I guess it will add up over time. And every now and then I actually qualify for a survey and get some "bonus" points.
Eventually I will get the IHG CC, but in the meantime what are other ways to get some IHG points without buying them? (Also, don't want a business card at this point since I don't have a business or a "business.")
As is the case with most (all?) hotel programs the only two ways to really earn large amounts of points is 1) staying at the hotel (especially if you can hit their promotions) OR 2) signup for credit cards.

How many points do you need? The IHG card is not subject to 5/24 so as long as you aren't a shutdown risk you could apply. It would just prolong your path to getting back under 5/24. Otherwise, I'd reconsider where you're staying, buy the points, or do cash+points for your stay...

So was the consensus for @wisconsinmom to lower limits? I am at almost exact number and I would really like the CIP. If you add in my AU accounts (do they look at those also?) with DH then I am almost 100% of household income with Chase!

My limits are:
SW Plus - $5000 (was $25000 but I dispersed a few months ago to my Sapphires)
SW Premier - $29000
Sapphire Reserved $11000
Sapphire Preferred $26000

I was going to cancel my SW plus so I dispersed most of the limit, but then decided to keep it thinking I could refer DH to both of them later this year. That plan is not going to work now and my Premier is now due so I think I will cancel that one. Should I cancel it with the $29k on there or disperse some of it? Any thoughts?
Since you can't move credit limit from a personal to open a biz, you want to make sure you have some room to be approved. I'm sure not everybody will agree on the right path but I would probably reduce by at least $20k to give you space to get a CIP approved. I like to keep mine at around 33% of the income I'm reporting but that's just my personal preference.

OK, so i could use some more help. Now that WDW is booked and waiting for 5-31 to book SW. i can't wait till November. i am looking for the next big vacation. I just found out last night that i will be heading back to the burgh... Pittsburgh..... got to love it. I am going to need to stay in downtown for a few days. then again in august for a few days. I don't really do a lot of hotels. Only a few a year. Last year it was only spg because of the card. Here is my situation: I am not sure what to do for hotels. I have the SW premier (will close soon so i can work on CP next year), CSP,CSR, SPG, CIP. i am currently 4/24, being the CIP was opened in 3/18. Should i open a card that will help with my 2020 plans for Hawaii and stay at that hotel or do i put the spend on a current card. I finally have my wife on board as 2 player mode. she is 2/24 with it being the CSP and i cant believe but a JC Penny card. lol i was shocked..... i told her there goes a valuable chase slot and she said but i save 65 dollars on the kids clothing. LOL i have not read our Reddit page about Hawaii yet so i will soon. i wasn't sure if doing a Marriott vacation page would work or stay at a Hilton in Hawaii. i know this planning is very early but i would like to maximize all and any points. thanks.
I live in Pittsburgh...but then again don't really have any tips for you, LOL. :)

Is your SW Premier annual fee posting soon? If not - why are you cancelling?

app decision. I heard they have the power to push the app through based on their recommendations. but a regular app doesn't.
As a relationship manager myself - I can say that an RM can provide some support for an application but can't approve anything. They potentially can get human eyes on something that the computer declines. However, at a bank as large as Chase, there is a clear division between Sales and Credit. Regulations basically prohibit sales people from making credit decisions in banking these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter