I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Real fast....does Chase pull back? I've used paypal bill pay to pay my taxes in the past. I was using my shiny new Bonvoy card on my taxes. The payment went through on 9/2. It's showing it's posted w/ chase too. My township has no record of this. They are saying they don't use paypal, etc. But again, I've used this to pay my taxes prior AND my water bill.

I found this forum, sounds like 9/2 was a problematic day. :( Link

What happens if you end up paying twice? Would your township refund you by check?

There's always Plastiq. It has a fee of 2.9%, pretty much the same as Gift of College and without the hoops to jump through. I've used Gift of College myself; it's best if you have a retail store that sells $500 GoC gc for a $5.95 fee but if you're paying $5.95 for $200 then I'd just as soon use Plastiq.

As for best card, if it were me I'd get a Ink Cash card for the 75K SUB/$6K MSR and load up on vgc/mcgc at office supply stores when there's a promo going on (e.g. Staples has fee free MCGC this week) then use those on Plastiq. You'd still have $4K available for another card SUB. This is all assuming your family member is under 5/24 and is willing and able to make the necessary effort.
I did not know I could use my VGC and MCGC on Plastiq. I have a $500 bill to pay that I could do on Plastiq but no MSR except AMEX so I was trying to hold off until my next VISA card. But, for the 5X on an existing CIC, it would be worth it to go that route. Thanks!

It worked :banana: SM this morning said 15k points were added to my account. I was so excited to come report back that I forgot to check 😂

Applied for CIU on 6/25. Finished spend last month. 75k points already posted.

Thanks so much for giving me the push I needed to ask.
OK, you convinced me to give it a shot with the June 8 app. Worth a shot, though I am doubtful as it has been more than 3 months.

It worked :banana: SM this morning said 15k points were added to my account. I was so excited to come report back that I forgot to check 😂

Congrats! I am going to ask for my card (which I also applied for in June.) How should I word my request?

I tried for an early July app and was just approved for the match and the points are already in my account. Thanks all to this board!

I did not know I could use my VGC and MCGC on Plastiq. I have a $500 bill to pay that I could do on Plastiq but no MSR except AMEX so I was trying to hold off until my next VISA card. But, for the 5X on an existing CIC, it would be worth it to go that route. Thanks!
I also thought using GCs with Plastiq was no longer allowed, possibly because of this https://www.doctorofcredit.com/plastiq-will-no-longer-accept-prepaid-debit-cards-beginning-2020-rip/ . Did that change? Their site seems to indicate they accept them with limitations, https://support.plastiq.com/s/article/Prepaid-Card-Policy .

Congrats! I am going to ask for my card (which I also applied for in June.) How should I word my request?
I've asked a few times and I've always been successful. Keep the request short. I'm very general. I don't say when I was approved I just say I was recently approved for a card ending in XXXX. Act like you don't know as much as you know. The offers on Ink cards say $750 not 75,000 UR points. So say when you applied the offer was $750 and now you see it's $900 and you were wondering if they could match the new offer.

Need experienced perspectives. I could get a nonstop flight from Montreal to Zurich. But I’d need to position to Montreal and preferable the day before to avoid any issues. Would this be a problem? I’d have to go through customs, not sure if they would have any issue with me just overnighting in Canada.

if I did this it would be US -> Canada -> Switzerland -> Italy -> US. Any issues with this?

I've asked a few times and I've always been successful. Keep the request short. I'm very general. I don't say when I was approved I just say I was recently approved for a card ending in XXXX. Act like you don't know as much as you know. The offers on Ink cards say $750 not 75,000 UR points. So say when you applied the offer was $750 and now you see it's $900 and you were wondering if they could match the new offer.
My request was very similar. I just said I recently received the 75k bonus on card ending in xxxx and see that there is a 90k bonus available. Would it be possible to get my bonus matched to that offer? I received a very friendly response less than 24hrs later.

OK, you convinced me to give it a shot with the June 8 app. Worth a shot, though I am doubtful as it has been more than 3 months.
I felt exactly like you. I was just going to leave it alone, but hearing all the positive DPs of the additional points being added I finally just figured what’s the harm in asking. It only takes a couple minutes of time to send a message, and worse they can say is no.

Need experienced perspectives. I could get a nonstop flight from Montreal to Zurich. But I’d need to position to Montreal and preferable the day before to avoid any issues. Would this be a problem? I’d have to go through customs, not sure if they would have any issue with me just overnighting in Canada.

if I did this it would be US -> Canada -> Switzerland -> Italy -> US. Any issues with this?

Just sharing an alert that I got yesterday, so idk what might still be available. Seems IAD would be an option too.

1694728442224.png

and now I am livid with BoA. That didn't take long. I tried to use my card today, after it activated just fine yesterday, and they flagged it for fraud. They won't take the flag off until I go in person to a branch, and validate my identity. The nearest branch is 20 miles away, and I work for a living. They close at 4 daily. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
So *hilariously* when you asked about this I went ahead and had P2 apply too because he wouldn't do a biz card. His card was also locked for fraud after one purchase! I said "a diser had this- call them." They told him in addition to activating online you have to call and confirm the activation. Definitely doesn't say that anywhere! I already can't wait for the year mark so he can close this lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter