I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I'm in this hell right now. I've used the online service before. But currently my payment is posted and no one has any idea where the payment is! But normally I drain my paypal account of money, and then use the credit card I want to pay my bill.

I would maybe send a small amount to make sure it works and you're not stuck like I am right now. My taxes are due today and I have no idea WHAT I'm going to do. UGH.
do you do online with the fee thu the town or paypal?

So *hilariously* when you asked about this I went ahead and had P2 apply too because he wouldn't do a biz card. His card was also locked for fraud after one purchase! I said "a diser had this- call them." They told him in addition to activating online you have to call and confirm the activation. Definitely doesn't say that anywhere! I already can't wait for the year mark so he can close this lol

That's the biggest load of crap and not true. I've never had to call to activate once you were able to do it online. Granted I've been a bofa customer on and off for years but still. How is calling an automated system to activate going to do a damn thing. There's clearly an issue and this is their explanation.

That's the biggest load of crap and not true. I've never had to call to activate once you were able to do it online. Granted I've been a bofa customer on and off for years but still. How is calling an automated system to activate going to do a damn thing. There's clearly an issue and this is their explanation.
The guy at the branch said it happens all the time and the people online are lazy and just don’t want to do their job 🤣. Good company loyalty huh?

The guy at the branch said it happens all the time and the people online are lazy and just don’t want to do their job 🤣. Good company loyalty huh?
Lol now this I believe! I had a checking account with them for 12 years and finally closed it because I couldn't deal with them anymore. At least with the CC I feel like I am getting a little something hopefully in return haha

They are a terrible company and I quite banking with them over 15 years ago but I like my alaska miles so I'm stuck that way.

You couldn't pay me to bank with them and I wish my mom didn't but it would be too much work to move everything she has deposited and automatically paid. But just trying to get me added to her account was a huge ordeal that didn't need to be. They told her all I needed to bring was my id and a credit card to verify or something. When we finally got to our appt, which was also a saga I posted about, they wanted to run my credit. Umm you never said that and why. If you want a credit cars that should be sufficient. Thankfully I have everything I need to unlock my credit reports on my phone or we'd have been screwed. Apparently they don't think people freeze credit. He also couldn't tell me which they needed to run so I had to unlock all 3. I mean c'mon. I also don't think I ever got an email about a hp. Much prefer my credit union.

Thank you. This has my May dates. I need to run and see if there is availability
sorry tried to quote @FreeDiningFanatic
I hope you get something! Also, I'd check Flying Blue, specifically KLM for Italy-ORD on these dates (or the day after because it gets funky with the calendar and time change). I think saver fares are available, probably under 65k + taxes/fees.

1694736180615.png

ETA: Clarified it's the Europe to US route with the saver fares.

For those interested check your emails from AA, or look at the current promotions in your AA account. They are doing a status match with Hyatt. I have ZERO AA status, but was given AA Platinum status for the next 4 months (after registering) because I’m a Hyatt Explorist. I was already able to upgrade some seats on a flight to MCE at no charge.

Sorry I can’t find a link with more details, but you should be able to see it in your promotions section. Could be a good deal if you have Hyatt Status and fly AA

For those interested check your emails from AA, or look at the current promotions in your AA account. They are doing a status match with Hyatt. I have ZERO AA status, but was given AA Platinum status for the next 4 months (after registering) because I’m a Hyatt Explorist. I was already able to upgrade some seats on a flight to MCE at no charge.

Sorry I can’t find a link with more details, but you should be able to see it in your promotions section. Could be a good deal if you have Hyatt Status and fly AA
I'm having trouble finding it. I'm globalist but have no status with AA. Where do you see promotions? I find AA's site difficult to navigate

ETA: I found a promotions section on the app but don't have that promotion 🤦

Last edited:
Mind sharing your source for this alert?

I am considering using one of the subscription sites to help with finding travel possibilities and I like this format.

Thanks!
For sure. It's Thrifty Traveler. I have the Premium Plus subscription. I'm not sure of the current pricing, but I think I'm grandfathered in at $59.99. I like how they tell you exactly what banks transfer and the lowest points program to use. They'll even let you know if there are any bonus transfers going on that would make one program better than another. They send both points alerts and cash alerts.

I have a support link out on DisChurners for $10 off.

My husband is planning to go see his younger son graduate from Navy Basic Training.
We have no status on any airlines and would be paying cash to be as economical as possible, so currently looking at a combo flight on Expedia (outbound on American and return on... wait for it... Spirit).

He'd be flying into O'Hare and getting a rental car.

Is there anything specific he needs to know about flying into O'Hare with regard to picking up and returning a rental car? He would arrive around noonish, pick up the car, drive to the area of the hotel (probably budget motel somewhere), stay overnight, see the graduation the next morning, and then drive right back to the airport late afternoon/early evening to come home.

My husband is planning to go see his younger son graduate from Navy Basic Training.
We have no status on any airlines and would be paying cash to be as economical as possible, so currently looking at a combo flight on Expedia (outbound on American and return on... wait for it... Spirit).

Is there anything specific he needs to know about flying into O'Hare with regard to picking up and returning a rental car? He would arrive around noonish, pick up the car, drive to the area of the hotel (probably budget motel somewhere), stay overnight, see the graduation the next morning, and then drive right back to the airport late afternoon/early evening to come home.

I'd check the price of flying southwest into midway. I also wouldn't book through expedia, book each flight as one way on the actual airlines site so if something needs to be fixed you aren't having to go through Expedia.

The rental cars are located in the new multimodal building. Upon arrival, he will take the train that goes between terminals and ends at the car rental built. Super easy. There will be tolls so he’ll need to activate that.
Hotel wise, take a look in Gurnee off 132. There are a couple of Libertville hotels too. I would avoid Waukegan and North Chicago.

I'd check the price of flying southwest into midway. I also wouldn't book through expedia, book each flight as one way on the actual airlines site so if something needs to be fixed you aren't having to go through Expedia.
I did look at SW... they came in about $300 higher than this weird combo, if you can believe it.

*Edit* Oh sorry Just noticed you listed a different airport for SW! Well it can't hurt to check that too!

But I will check on the one ways booked directly with the carriers; thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter