I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

My chase cards have 10% off for Petsmart (up to $9). There is 20% off w/ Rakuten, and 20% off from Petsmart and 11x points today as well. I've been holding off to order today and was happy to see all of those things, LOL. I used the Chewy offer ($15 back) to get the cats a new cat tree last night. WOOOO!
Their website is such a hot mess. Is it always like this?

I checked after I saw your post and we have the NCL offer on 2 of our cards. I have changed the card for on board incidentals to the AMEX. Hopefully, our gratuities and NCL excursions will push us over $1000. If not, I guess I can always purchase one of those certificates for future cruises on board.

I think onboard charges won't work as they code with the ship name. Payments code NCL Miami. Prepay gratuities, excursions, or OBC should work. You can also check DPs on Cruise Critic forums.

It seems Chase does not like me this week. Thursday I tried to open checking and savings accounts online and was denied. The message said I could go into a branch. Friday I applied for a SW biz cc and got an "In review" status. I have been checking my email and Chase business account obsessively to see if anything shows up and so far nothing is there.

I made an appointment for Monday to go into the branch to open the accounts. Would the Chase employee be able to check on my SW cc application while I am there also?

Does anyone have a good airport hotel for Chicago? When we fly home from Japan we go to Chicago, stay one night, and then fly home the next day. We have Hilton points but the Hilton O’Hare Airport doesn’t have great reviews.

Rakuten has 11% back on several sites today.
Rakuten is driving me crazy! I'm trying to get thru for 2 days for the 20% back at petsmart,and no matter which combo of browsers I choose, it goes to a blank "can't get there" page! arg!!! so I went thru the app,and it's 10%.....

Rakuten is driving me crazy! I'm trying to get thru for 2 days for the 20% back at petsmart,and no matter which combo of browsers I choose, it goes to a blank "can't get there" page! arg!!! so I went thru the app,and it's 10%.....
It might be petsmart, not Rakuten. It took me an hour to place an order last night.

Those of you that have upgraded your Amex Everyday to the Everyday Preferred for bonus points and then downgraded back after a year:

How long would you wait to upgrade back up?

I just downgraded (in October) after keeping the Preferred for a year after getting a bonus. Now I am getting an offer to earn 15,000 points after $1,000 spend if I upgrade. Should I wait any period of time before doing this?

Those of you that have upgraded your Amex Everyday to the Everyday Preferred for bonus points and then downgraded back after a year:

I just downgraded (in October) after keeping the Preferred for a year after getting a bonus. Now I am getting an offer to earn 15,000 points after $1,000 spend if I upgrade. Should I wait any period of time before doing this?

Since Amex has extended the offer, I'd give it a try right away. 1k spend is so easy! You could call in and do it if you are worried about it failing.

I got the 15k for $1000 within a few days of downgrading. It then went up to 25k for $2000. But I'm holding out for the 40k/$2000 offer. Have done that one twice now. At some point I might give up and take the 25k if it's still around. Taking a calculated gamble. :)

Good morning..
I am using 2 of my Marriott free night certificates (1 night each at two different properties).
Just confirming, I will still have to pay parking and any "resort fees" (one of them is near Disneyland) out of pocket, correct?
I feel like some hotel brands don't charge one/both of these items on free nights/points stays but I don't think Marriot is one of them (or I could be totally wrong)

Good morning..
I am using 2 of my Marriott free night certificates (1 night each at two different properties).
Just confirming, I will still have to pay parking and any "resort fees" (one of them is near Disneyland) out of pocket, correct?
I feel like some hotel brands don't charge one/both of these items on free nights/points stays but I don't think Marriot is one of them (or I could be totally wrong)
Yes, you will be charged parking and resort fees.

Good morning..
Marriott charges. Hyatt doesn't charge.

Ack just applied for the Chase Hyatt card and got the "under review, we'll let you know in 7-10 days" message.

My best guess is that I am near the total CL for Chase cards. I'll probably call tomorrow to see, unless 7-10 days isn't a reliable sign of an impending rejection . . .

I also got the Youtube TV offers on a few Chase cards so I switched my payment on Youtube TV and will switch again at the end of the month. Did a Staples run and knocked out 90% of my property tax bill. Will do one more run this week for my personal property tax bill. And my new Chase Ink card made me set up a new login but Chase walked my through how to link accounts. Now I can do some school work (last quarter!) and rake some leaves (yippee!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter