I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Seems counter intuitive but they probably need to verify identity. Should be no problem opening in branch. Unless you're faking your identity, then maybe it'll be a problem. :p

Many reports of Chase not allowing online opening but allowed opening in branch. If it was something else causing the rejection I don't think they'd offer the in person option. Our first Chase accounts had to be opened in person because they didn't have branches in the state so the system couldn't assign some number. Fortunately we live close to the state line and it was easy. Could be something logistical like that as another option.

You may be able to see the letter in your online account so you don't need to wait for snail mail. Could try looking in Notices and letters a day or two after application to see if it's there. May give you a better idea of why, or just repeat the offer to open in branch.

If it's not the $900 offer, there's still a few more days to try for that offer. Public link is still open - https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-chase-900-checking-savings-bonus/
Thanks for your thoughts. It was for the $900 offer. The mailer I received has a date of 1/24/24 to open the accounts by. Chase opened a new branch near us about a year ago so it would be easy to go in. It would just have been easier online. I wanted to use the $900 for our vacation next summer so I guess I will make an appointment and try in person.

I have never opened bank accounts to get the SUBs. I received a mailer from Chase for their checking and savings account offers and it is also showing as an offer when I sign into my Chase account. I tried to open them from my account but the link was not working so I used the code in the mailer. I received a response that accounts could not be opened online and that I would recieve a letter in the mail with information. It also said I could go into a branch to open an account. I do not currently have or ever had bank accounts with Chase. I only have Chase cc's. Should I even try going into the branch to open the checking and savings accounts or would I get rejected also? Thanks for any thoughts.

I also had to go to a branch to open my account. I was a little nervous going in, but I made the appointment and it was very easy - no strange questions

I see my CIU will be here today! WOOOO! So I can throw hockey sign up on it, and my Vegas hotel. WOOOO!

I had a flash offer on a few Chase cards (CSP, IHG co-branded) this morning, for 20% back at Chewy (up to $27)! With 2 dogs, I can always make good use of these. It's only valid until 11/18, but hopefully others can find some value as well.
It seems every 2 years my cats need a new tree around this time. I normally score a good deal for black friday. I think I had the Chewy offers too, I'll have to see if it was 20%. I normally get their tree from chewy or amazon. Whoever is cheaper, LOL.

I have been wanting to take another flight on SA first since I got back from Europe. I had 46k points left in my account and didn't want them to go to waste, so I started looking at itineraries that would work with my current travel plans. I found a flight from Haneda to Bali in September with Saver space available for first (HND to SIN) and biz for the second leg (SIN to Bali). I had to transfer 52k points to Kris Flyer and call to book since the system wouldn't allow the itinerary to be booked online in different classes. The phone CSRs are equally as amazing as the FAs -- flight is now booked and I have another first class flight to look forward to in September! Note that if a flight is broken up into 2 legs the system will show no availability in first for the itinerary if it isn't open for both flights, so check each leg individually before giving up.

Before transferring any hard-earned points, note that SA points expire. Unlike other airlines you can't keep them going by making transactions. So be sure that you will use them before making a transfer.

It's almost time to churn my Chase Aeroplan card. The welcome bonus for the card was 2 x 50k points passes. I have no way of knowing when I achieved the welcome bonus; does anyone know if I call Chase, will they be able to tell me? The passes weren't actual points so they won't show in my AP account.

DD22 was able to get 4 Tickets for Taylor Swifts Last Concert in Vancouver, Canada on December 8th, 2024. She is so excited. She did see her here in Minneapolis in June.

So now to figure out Airfare and Hotel for the 4 of them. There are a few hotels right across from BC Place Stadium but I'm sure those are going to be lots of $$$. Anyone know of a good area/hotel for them to stay. They are looking to stay 4 nights and do some other things in the area too. (not sure what, so if anyone has any suggestions). Can't even book the rooms for another month or so but want to try and get some info.

They will rent a car (DS works for Enterprise and they will get family discount) and probably Uber to the concert and back so as not having to deal with the mess in parking there.

If anyone knows anything about the area and what to do and where to stay - that would be awesome!

DD22 was able to get 4 Tickets for Taylor Swifts Last Concert in Vancouver, Canada on December 8th, 2024. She is so excited. She did see her here in Minneapolis in June.

So now to figure out Airfare and Hotel for the 4 of them. There are a few hotels right across from BC Place Stadium but I'm sure those are going to be lots of $$$. Anyone know of a good area/hotel for them to stay. They are looking to stay 4 nights and do some other things in the area too. (not sure what, so if anyone has any suggestions). Can't even book the rooms for another month or so but want to try and get some info.

They will rent a car (DS works for Enterprise and they will get family discount) and probably Uber to the concert and back so as not having to deal with the mess in parking there.

If anyone knows anything about the area and what to do and where to stay - that would be awesome!

I would see if there's a light rail stop near the stadium and then find something in a more tourist location for them to stay.

Also where are they planning to go while they are there? A car may not be necessary and anywhere downtown is going to have parking fees. It's not a hard place to drive in but it's also walkable and they have light rail that will help for some stuff though I'm not sure where all it goes. Was built for the Olympics. When I went to a hockey game pre covid I stayed in Surrey and drove to the lightrail station and took it to the arena stop. It was very easy but not what I would do as a tourist. But I was looking cheap and there's a mall I like there.

I would see if there's a light rail stop near the stadium and then find something in a more tourist location for them to stay.

Also where are they planning to go while they are there? A car may not be necessary and anywhere downtown is going to have parking fees. It's not a hard place to drive in but it's also walkable and they have light rail that will help for some stuff though I'm not sure where all it goes. Was built for the Olympics. When I went to a hockey game pre covid I stayed in Surrey and drove to the lightrail station and took it to the arena stop. It was very easy but not what I would do as a tourist. But I was looking cheap and there's a mall I like there.
I will look into the light rail. They have no idea what they want to do. Excited about being there during Christmas time so hoping there is some Christmas things to see and do.

I also had to go to a branch to open my account. I was a little nervous going in, but I made the appointment and it was very easy - no strange questions
Thanks for sharing your experience. I made an appointment for Monday afternoon. I'm glad I did not wait until the last minute to try like I usually do. I was planning on DH opening the accounts also around the end of the offer to get the bonus. I don't know if I will be able to get him to go into the branch to open them. We will have to see.
I had a flash offer on a few Chase cards (CSP, IHG co-branded) this morning, for 20% back at Chewy (up to $27)! With 2 dogs, I can always make good use of these. It's only valid until 11/18, but hopefully others can find some value as well.
My family has 12 Chase cards and I only had the Chewy offer on my newest Ink. We have 11 offers each for Petsmart and Petco. I will never understand how Chase decides who receives cc offers.

Got 10x grocery, gas, Amazon on the SW Priority card. Up to $1000 through 12/31. I got an e-mail, but you can also check your offers here.

Using that link I got a $35 off $99 at HBO Max for my SW Priority card... I'd much rather have your offer!
Me, too! It wasn't clear that it was for the HBO offer. and I was so excited when it went through--until I saw the HBO Max screen. I'd much rather have the other offer, too!

We were in Vancouver in July after our cruise. I found lots of information to help me select a hotel on the cruisecritic.com forum. One of the top suggestions was the YWCA Hotel Vancouver. It is near the light rail and other tourist areas. The Vancouver locals on the forum are very helpful. We opted to stay at the airport and took the light rail twice to get downtown. We did not have any problems. The best advice I received was book the hotel as soon as possible to get the lowest rates but I am sure you already know that. I definitely noticed a rise in prices as it got closer to the cruise season.

Is this the Gold Biz deal? We used it in store to purchase a GC and it was refunded quickly. Kind of afraid to try it online since it sounds like it's iffy whether or not it will credit.

Yes, this is for the gold biz credit. It'll credit, it's just what month it'll credit for. If the charge doesn't post towards the end of the month, then need to redo it another way. But not too late with Grubhub since that can be delayed a few days too. Kind of a pain, but I do like my armchair churning lol. I haven't decided yet if I'll keep doing Staples online, but if I do, I think I'll do it on the first of the month.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I made an appointment for Monday afternoon. I'm glad I did not wait until the last minute to try like I usually do. I was planning on DH opening the accounts also around the end of the offer to get the bonus. I don't know if I will be able to get him to go into the branch to open them. We will have to see.

Did your DH try to apply online? In our case, DHs Chase checking / savings app went through just fine. Only mine required that I go to a branch to apply.

Did your DH try to apply online? In our case, DHs Chase checking / savings app went through just fine. Only mine required that I go to a branch to apply.
No, DH did not try yet. He will need to wait until near the end of the offer period to open his accounts since I am planning on putting most of the $15,000 back into our BOA account. I was able to convince him to move $15,000, I don't think he will be on board with moving $30,000 all at once. When it is DH's turn I will try online first. Maybe he will be lucky like your DH.

Me, too! It wasn't clear that it was for the HBO offer. and I was so excited when it went through--until I saw the HBO Max screen. I'd much rather have the other offer, too!
Same here...I was so excited, then confused...like what is this Max thing on my Hyatt? Where is gas/groceries? I think I cycled through ALL the emotions in about 5 seconds--joy, confusion, sadness, depression, acceptance:laughing:. Oh well, easy come, easy go, I suppose...

I got a boatload of Chewy flash offers. 5 in total. I was happy to find one on a CIU for a few extra UR's.

Also received a 20% off CVS flash deal up to $8 = Disney gift card, and a 20% flash deal at Jimmy John's. That will get wasted.

@Crazed4DisneyinSC - thanks for the heads up!
I got several Ace Hardware, do they have any gift cards?

We were in Vancouver in July after our cruise. I found lots of information to help me select a hotel on the cruisecritic.com forum. One of the top suggestions was the YWCA Hotel Vancouver. It is near the light rail and other tourist areas. The Vancouver locals on the forum are very helpful. We opted to stay at the airport and took the light rail twice to get downtown. We did not have any problems. The best advice I received was book the hotel as soon as possible to get the lowest rates but I am sure you already know that. I definitely noticed a rise in prices as it got closer to the cruise season.
Thanks. Will look at that hotel and Cruise Critic.

What is a flash offer and where do you find them? Is it the same place all the offers are posted? thx

I got several Ace Hardware, do they have any gift cards?

Ace gift cards. I got several Ace flash deals also but it's a store I don't go to often although I do live not too far from a couple. I may try to drop in next week and check to see if I might need anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter