I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got an offer on an Amex Biz Gold for 110,000 points. I was trying to decide my next card and was looking on DOC. He had a link for a 90,000 gold biz plus 10k when adding an employee, I went to the link in incognito and logged in to Amex. I didn't think I would even get that offer, but was just looking at my options, then it popped up with the 70,000 crossed out and 110,000 showing (for 10K spend). I really hadn't planned on applying for a card today, but I jumped on it and was approved. That is a high offer right? Problem is I did "print screen" to take a screen shot of the offer, but hadn't pasted it somewhere, then when I was approved I did "print screen" again, so lost the first one. How can I check that the 110,000 offer is attached? Thanks.

I'm tempted. It's been five years for me.
Between the $300 travel credit, the Instacart membership, monthly $15 Instacart credit and $5 monthly doordash credit, I'm coming out ahead on the AF. I think I will try to get DH to ask for a retention offer though bc I saw a positive DP about that. I thought I was going to PC this down to a CSP, but I think I'll keep it going another year.

I just got an offer on an Amex Biz Gold for 110,000 points. I was trying to decide my next card and was looking on DOC. He had a link for a 90,000 gold biz plus 10k when adding an employee, I went to the link in incognito and logged in to Amex. I didn't think I would even get that offer, but was just looking at my options, then it popped up with the 70,000 crossed out and 110,000 showing (for 10K spend). I really hadn't planned on applying for a card today, but I jumped on it and was approved. That is a high offer right? Problem is I did "print screen" to take a screen shot of the offer, but hadn't pasted it somewhere, then when I was approved I did "print screen" again, so lost the first one. How can I check that the 110,000 offer is attached? Thanks.

You can call or chat once you get the card but they are notorious for saying the offer isn't there when it actually is. Most just say hit the spend and deal with it then if it doesn't post right away.
Though I haven't had this issue with amex. I always chat when the offer requires more than 3 months spend so I can find out what date I need to have it done by. This also ends up confirming the offer.

Hey y'all, here's a good reminder to wear sunscreen on an airplane, something most people probably don't think about. As a former flight crew member who had a smidge of skin cancer recently, I just wanted to share the PSA:

https://www.seattlepi.com/shopping/article/should-you-wear-sunscreen-on-a-plane-17510376.php

Nothing to add other than I had no idea the PI still exists as a digital only newspaper. It's never mentioned anywhere so I thought the Times was it. Weird. It use to be the evening print paper back when 2 papers a day was a thing then we had two reg print for awhile.

CSR public and support links are showing 80k UR.

Reminder, if it's been more than 4 years since you received a Sapphire bonus, you can downgrade your sapphire, wait 4 days and apply for another sapphire to re-earn the bonus. 80k is a great CSR bonus.
Hoping the Ink Biz Cards have a Public increase offer soon. One of the links (that was not public) that was posted showed 90,000 points for $6,000 spend. Hoping this one comes out as a public link. DS is looking for a few new cards. He will be buying an engagement ring plus paying for a cruise. So, he can use 2 cards within then next 3-4 months.

I'm kind of considering the CSR for DH. He is eligible. We are talking about getting new carpet in the bedrooms but we are not quite ready just yet ( need to paint, etc first) so I will need to lineup my timing.

You may recall my Virgin Voyages cruise to Greece was moved to next year and I was given free voyages as an apology. I had booked us to the Med and we were going to go in and out Barcelona again. About a month before the trip I still wasn't getting excited about it, so I changed us to a much shorter Mexico sailing. We went last week and had fun and I am glad we were not gone for 12 nights. I missed the cat and he missed us. It makes me feel like a dirtbag leaving him (yes, we hire help to look after him).

The second VV sailing was great - still excellent food, etc. I do recommend them to anyone looking for an adult-only vacation. We are still looking forward to Greece next October! I am continuing my language study and plugging along, learning Ελλάδα.

Also - side rant - the news posts every day about prices going up on everything at Disney is so disheartening. Does everything have to cost an arm and a leg at the World now?

Hoping the Ink Biz Cards have a Public increase offer soon. One of the links (that was not public) that was posted showed 90,000 points for $6,000 spend. Hoping this one comes out as a public link. DS is looking for a few new cards. He will be buying an engagement ring plus paying for a cruise. So, he can use 2 cards within then next 3-4 months.
I am hoping they go public too, and last a couple months. I just finished 2 MSRs, just got through 2/3 of another one (just got the card yesterday LOL) and then have to finish p2's ink card. But I would love that UR with that level of spend! I haven't had a Chase card since April LOL.

I am hoping they go public too, and last a couple months. I just finished 2 MSRs, just got through 2/3 of another one (just got the card yesterday LOL) and then have to finish p2's ink card. But I would love that UR with that level of spend! I haven't had a Chase card since April LOL.

If they put the spend down to 6k and I time it right I could swing it, if they'll approve me for one. Hopefully since I got the hyatt biz they will but I think I'm hitting my cl limit with them.

I do not currently, although I have in the past. Does that matter with Citibank?

Is Barclay's the one where people complain about their website all the time?
Doesn't matter that you currently have a Citi Bank. The offer is 80K SUB (70K + 10K for employee card) & $95 credit to offset the annual fee. MSR is $2K.

CSR public and support links are showing 80k UR.

Reminder, if it's been more than 4 years since you received a Sapphire bonus, you can downgrade your sapphire, wait 4 days and apply for another sapphire to re-earn the bonus. 80k is a great CSR bonus.
I feel like I am stuck because I use my CSR. I am eligible for a new bonus but I have some hotel reservations in 2023 on URs and flights where I paid the taxes/fees on my CSR. I assume I lose my trip protection on my flights if I PC and then get a new CSR. I am also afraid the portal will "lose" my hotel reservations. Not sure what to do....

Thank you for your suggestions and for the article you linked regarding VA Europe flights! Super helpful! Thanks for the reminder about Chase CLs before applying; just checked and P2 is well over recommended CL limits; will SM today and get tho

Hello Churner Pros! I’ve followed this sub pretty religiously over the past 16+ months and have really appreciated the jump-start information I got when I was nervously dipping my toes in to CC rewards. Thank you for helping me earn so much free travel this last year!
I’m coming to you again for advice. We are looking for a new card for a large spend coming up at the end of the month ($5k). I believe it makes most sense for P2 to get this card, but have some hesitations because we just opened an Amex Gold for him this week (received today!).

Some information:
  • $5k spend coming up end of Oct (payment cannot be split so card would need to have $5k+ credit limit)
  • P1 has plans to earn SW Companion Pass in early 2023 so laying low for the next month or so to prepare for that (Plans: apply SW Biz early Nov, once Biz card secured, close personal SW card that I've held for 5+ years, wait 30 days?, App SW personal early Jan 23). Assuming this knocks P1 out of play for this upcoming spend?
  • P2 just opened Amex Gold this week with the intention of putting that $5k spend on it, but now I'm rethinking that because we will naturally hit that $4k MSR with just organic restaurant and grocery spend over the next 3-6 months so that seems like a better use for meeting that MSR.
  • I'd love to open another Chase INK (Unlimited?) card because I'm always thirsty for URs, but I'm not sure if the recent AMEX app messes this up and also not sure if P2's other Chase INKs from the past 13 months will impact an approval?
  • ALSO, I need a CL of $5k and all our INKs have had $3-4K initial CLs. I've never attempted to move CLs between my Chase cards and I don't know if it's possible to move a CL to a brand new card or how long this process takes so not sure if I'm unnecessarily worrying about this?

Additional Sticky info:

P1: 3/24
8/22 Chase Ink CIC (#2)
05/22 Chase Hyatt Biz
03/22 Chase Ink CIU
10/21 Chase Ink CIC (#1)
8/21 Amex Plat
4/21 Chase Sapphire P
3/21 Chase Hyatt

P2: 3/24
10/22 Amex Gold
5/22 Chase Ink CIC (#2)
1/22 Chase Ink CIU
9/21 Chase Freedom Flex
9/21 Chase Ink CIC (#1)
5/21 Chase Sapphire P

Other cards we hold, but not within 5/24:
P1:
Costco Citibank
Chase SW Premier
Delta Plat
BoA Alaska Air

P2:
Chase SW Premier

• Monthly CC spend: $3000-4000, with larger spends every couple months between prop tax, tuition, fed tax, etc
  • Payoff monthly
  • Fly out of SEA or west coast for positioning
  • Frequent flyer pref: SW, Delta, Alaska
  • Hotel pref: Hyatt (Globalist), with Marriott and Hilton distant second
  • Travel Points: SW 25k/15k, Hawaiian 70k, Delta 20k, Alaska 10k, Hyatt 50k?, Marriott and Hilton <5k, UR: 600k, MR 185k
  • Specific goals: more Hyatt points/more URs/MRs for travel flexibility (I do a lot of mini trips both locally and to AZ/west coast, but also am branching out and planning some more international trips and haven’t exactly figured out travel hacking internationally yet).
  • Currently trying to scrape together a June 2023 Europe trip for 4, but would also like to make another 2023 international trip with just P2
  • Priorities for P1: re-earn SW companion pass in early 2023 with SUBs, re-earn SW A-list status for 2024, re-earn Hyatt Globalist for 2024 with stays/cc spend (P1 does much more individual travel than P2)
  • Priorities for P2: new card that we can put our $5k prop tax spend on before end of Oct, don’t get in way of P1’s priorities 🤪

Do we just sit tight and not rock the boat right now- or is there something that could work for this particular spend? Thanks in advance for reading this lengthy post and for anything you can contribute!
following up on my own post (thanks for recommendations):
I did lower p2's credit limits, but didn't have time to wait the recommended 30 days for them to close out the billing cycle and post because of a bill that's due at eom. I probably only waited 3-4 days after lowering CLs to apply for CIU. instant approval and with a $6k credit limit- which means I don't have to shift any credit over to this card to pay the prop tax bill so that's a small win for one less contact on p2's behalf. I am debating whether I should SM chase to have CIU expedited. I don't actually need to pay the bill until 10/31 so I think i'm fine (instant approval 10/14), but i'd be super annoyed if the card hasn't arrived by 10/31.
I went ahead and lowered my own chase CLs to set me up for SW Biz card app in a few weeks. hopefully the rumors are true that those SUBs are increasing soon.

I have a really dumb question about canceling and rebooking the SW flights I just booked with miles/points.

How do I see the actual cost in points of the existing booking so I can see if the new 'price' is lower? I see my "reservation details" but I don't see where it says how many miles I 'spent."

For the life of me I can't figure out why Citi didn't make the AA transfer they allowed a year ago a permanent thing.
I don't know why Citi even offered that transfer. Certainly their own AA card stable can't compete against their Premier, DC, and Custom Cash TY cards if they were to allow AA transfers permanently. They'd be cannibalizing their own products. Not unlike Chase UR cards with their SW, United, and Hyatt cards. But at least with the SW card you can earn a CP, and with the Hyatt cards you can earn Globalist through spend. I know AA revamped their loyalty program this year so I guess that could make spending on an AA card more attractive. Ironically, there are probably a fair number of people who got caught up in the AApocalypse of 2019 who would've been the ones willing to put spend on an AA card, but can't now that they've been bAAnned.

I have a really dumb question about canceling and rebooking the SW flights I just booked with miles/points.

How do I see the actual cost in points of the existing booking so I can see if the new 'price' is lower? I see my "reservation details" but I don't see where it says how many miles I 'spent."
Your confirmation email will show the points you spent originally.

Alternatively, do a dummy ticket change and you'll see if your itinerary has dropped in points.

I look at the confirmation email SW sends or if you can’t find it you can hit resend receipt on the reservation details page

Your confirmation email will show the points you spent originally.

Alternatively, do a dummy ticket change and you'll see if your itinerary has dropped in points.

I look at the confirmation email SW sends or if you can’t find it you can hit resend receipt on the reservation details page
Ah... thank you both.

Interestingly, the outbound is significantly more expensive now! I could save a bit on the return tho... which was a good reason to book two one-ways instead of a round trip, I guess!

I feel like I am stuck because I use my CSR. I am eligible for a new bonus but I have some hotel reservations in 2023 on URs and flights where I paid the taxes/fees on my CSR. I assume I lose my trip protection on my flights if I PC and then get a new CSR. I am also afraid the portal will "lose" my hotel reservations. Not sure what to do....
In the same boat here. DH could get a new CSR but there are a bunch of trips booked on the current one. We didn't realize it until it was too late. Oops. :sad2:

I'm kind of considering the CSR for DH. He is eligible. We are talking about getting new carpet in the bedrooms but we are not quite ready just yet ( need to paint, etc first) so I will need to lineup my timing.

You may recall my Virgin Voyages cruise to Greece was moved to next year and I was given free voyages as an apology. I had booked us to the Med and we were going to go in and out Barcelona again. About a month before the trip I still wasn't getting excited about it, so I changed us to a much shorter Mexico sailing. We went last week and had fun and I am glad we were not gone for 12 nights. I missed the cat and he missed us. It makes me feel like a dirtbag leaving him (yes, we hire help to look after him).

The second VV sailing was great - still excellent food, etc. I do recommend them to anyone looking for an adult-only vacation. We are still looking forward to Greece next October! I am continuing my language study and plugging along, learning Ελλάδα.

Also - side rant - the news posts every day about prices going up on everything at Disney is so disheartening. Does everything have to cost an arm and a leg at the World now?

We are booked on Virgin Voyages Med next year and then Greece with them the following year. Glad to hear the food as still good. Hopefully it will be just as good on their European sailings.

People always post about booking two one-ways with SW rather than round-trip. Is this an old hold over from when the system was less advanced? SW will allow you to change either the arrival or the departure if the fare changes, correct? You aren't required to change both (I don't think) so please help me understand this tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter