I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ensuite bathroom, 50 square feet.

Before:

View attachment 627755
View attachment 627756
View attachment 627757

After:

View attachment 627758

View attachment 627760
View attachment 627761
View attachment 627762
View attachment 627763
View attachment 627764

So the ceiling fan was my arch nemesis. The blown insulation, enlarging the whole, duct work and wiring pushed me over the edge. And sadly, I'm going to have to uninstall and install a new faucet. I cannot stand the water marks. And it's supposed to be anti-tarnish, but it definitely looks like tarnish to me. Gold faucets are really hard to come by in a 4 inch centerset.
Both baths look amazing

Hi all. Wanted to share a project I’ve been working on- cosmetic renovation of our two upstairs bathrooms. They were stuck in 2005 builders grade limbo. All of the work was self-performed (by me). We completed the smaller bathroom in about 6 days, and the en suite bathroom in 4!!!! Our cost, not including accessories like planters was $2353.21.

We sourced primarily from Home Depot and Menard’s and took advantage of their 11% rebates.

CC related, we had a $4k spend for 60k MRs on DH’s plat, so our spend ($2300ish) netted us about 37k MRs, which I value at about $555.

I’ll share pictures below. I’m really proud of myself for performing all this work myself, from tiling, to plumbing to electrical. My husband was injured at work and has been home recovering from surgery, so while he was here and could walk me through things I don’t normally do, like plumbing or electrical, I had to do it myself. His torn bicep means he can’t even screw in a screw. I don’t think any of us realize how much we use both of our arms/hands.

I hauled mortar, combatted blown insulation, and fought with more wrenches than I care to admit. Even threw my safety glasses once out of frustration! There’s some touch ups, like caulk and paint yet.

We purchased the lighting but have to install it yet, as it has to be moved about 6-8 inches. That is included in the cost.

Photos to follow in subsequent posts.
Um, can you come visit me please?

DS is funny which is good because otherwise I might not keep him. He says the new couches smell and aren't comfy (old couches were super comfy but had seen better days). And he thought the bathroom remodel would be done today. I told him four to six weeks and he seemed shocked.

This may have been mentioned before and I just missed it, but I just noticed today that I have an AMEX offer for a 6 months free coffee/tea subscription to Panera! It's unlimited, one drink every 2 hours. It's not terribly convenient to go to Panera, but even if I just get a few free drinks a month, free is free!

Yes, Panera offers 3 months free and I've been delaying signing up for that, so when I saw the 6 months both daughter and myself decided to sign up. Both of us forgot! I'm getting to it though!

My SW support link on Reddit for personal cards isnow showing the bonus as 40k RR points for a $1k spend…so are
Hmm I have one in my email from 11/1 that still shows the 100k offer. And if you Google chase southwest cards the 100k offer still pops up

Edit- I clicked it again and it shows 40k.

Panera sent me a free coffee subscription last year for 6 months, and then when I cancelled they offered me 3 more months, lol. I won’t even drink their coffee for free! 🤮 I gave it numerous tries and just do NOT like their coffee AT ALL. I will stick with Starbucks.

Haha....I love their coffee! Actually I haven't had it in a while, but if they haven't changed it, I like it better than SB's.

Sorry I can't answer your specific question, but I was wondering what your app dates were? Maybe you could share all your card dates from this year?

DH is going for 2 biz with an app on 10/11 and then planning for 12/15. But I am worried that may be too close together... His velocity prior to that is fine.

DH applied for the personal SW card on 10/19 and the SW biz on 11/29. I was looking to space at least 30 days based on what I'd read. Before that he applied for a CSP over the summer and that was his only other card in the past year. CSP and SW personal were instant approvals, still waiting to hear on the SW biz.

My SW support link on Reddit for personal cards isnow showing the bonus as 40k RR points for a $1k spend…so are
My refer a friend links always said it expires 12/1, even now I pull up the link and it shows the 100K offer with an expiration date of yesterday. I know the official offer page previously showed 12/7 as an end date, so it looks like they’ve stopped marketing it as of 12/1 but you can still find the offer if you look for it.

My refer a friend links always said it expires 12/1, even now I pull up the link and it shows the 100K offer with an expiration date of yesterday. I know the official offer page previously showed 12/7 as an end date, so it looks like they’ve stopped marketing it as of 12/1 but you can still find the offer if you look for it.
generated a new link and it showed 100k…copied and pasted it…and it came up 40k when it was clicked on….
I don’t need it since we did the 2 business cards just odd how it shows up and then changes

generated a new link and it showed 100k…copied and pasted it…and it came up 40k when it was clicked on….
I don’t need it since we did the 2 business cards just odd how it shows up and then changes
I have one open referral page that says 100k. I’m scared to use it, that we won’t get 100k.

Blah

Just pulled up the Chase website on a computer, and they are showing the 100K offer once more, but my refer a friend link says it’s not available anymore. This is what I was afraid of, the offer would be good through 12/7, but the ability to refer the specific deal ended 12/1

I have one open referral page that says 100k. I’m scared to use it, that we won’t get 100k.

Blah

I know when I first pulled up the refer a friend page I thought it was the 100k offer, but then when reading the 100k correlates to how many support points the support cardholder can earn in a year. Any chance that’s the case?

Hello everyone! Happy holidays. Other than a store card I’ve only had one credit card for almost 7 years. WF upgraded me to the Active card last week and I just accepted Chase’s pre approval offer for the Freedom Unlimited. Will accepting my Capital One pre approval offer next week hurt my score? It’s just for the secured card.

I just saw on the Delta webpage that they are running a bonus of up to 75K bonus miles or up to $350 back on packages. Then if you stack the Amex Plat $200/$1000. That seems like a really good deal. Any thoughts? I don't have any trips planned. Does anyone know if this is changeable later on? I could just make a dummy booking right now?Screenshot 2021-12-02 191430.pngScreenshot 2021-12-02 191546.png

I get mine Monday and was miserable after #2 so I'm scared. I've also had AZ and Moderna which may make my experience unique!
Dh and I got ours last week. We were both super tired and achy the next day but it only lasted one day. I also was sick to my stomach and couldn’t eat much
Well this experience was no different than the 2nd dose. I ended up taking off today because I am just miserable. Achy, fever, headache, exhausted. DS volunteered to miss school but I managed to get him there. He even thanked me for driving him so that was a nice reward. They giving us admin when this happens so that is a nice perk. I told DH this is the last one I am taking for the team.

Back to bed I go.

I just saw on the Delta webpage that they are running a bonus of up to 75K bonus miles or up to $350 back on packages. Then if you stack the Amex Plat $200/$1000. That seems like a really good deal. Any thoughts? I don't have any trips planned. Does anyone know if this is changeable later on? I could just make a dummy booking right now?View attachment 627832View attachment 627833

Seems like the kind of deal that would only be worth it if you were already planning on booking a cash-only vacation north of $7,000. 75k Delta miles is worth between $750-$950. Take the free miles if you were already spending that much, but it's hard to evaluate it as a "deal" since most vacations for this crowd are subsidized by points to greatly reduce out of pocket costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter