I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@havaneselover you've used your Gold credits for Chick Fil A somehow, right? Grubhub maybe, if I'm remembering correctly? How do you do that exactly- I'm not seeing that as an option on Grubhub's website and see very few options in my area.

What's the rule for Amex Buisness cards? You can hold 2 at a time?. I have 1 Marriott Bonvoy Amex that hits a year March 28th that I plan on keeping. I am wanting to get a Hilton card next between Chase cards, but I am wanting to go for it in Feb b/c I have a stay in march at a Hilton that I would like to earn the extra miles for. If you can only carry 1 at a time, I'll just go for one of the personal cards for Hilton. I'm 2/24, so not worried about hurting my 5/24 status.

What's the rule for Amex Buisness cards? You can hold 2 at a time?. I have 1 Marriott Bonvoy Amex that hits a year March 28th that I plan on keeping. I am wanting to get a Hilton card next between Chase cards, but I am wanting to go for it in Feb b/c I have a stay in march at a Hilton that I would like to earn the extra miles for. If you can only carry 1 at a time, I'll just go for one of the personal cards for Hilton. I'm 2/24, so not worried about hurting my 5/24 status.
You can have 5 American Express Credit Cards open at a time. There is No limit on Charge Cards. There is no differentiation between personal and business cards in these limits. I'm not sure where you were thinking 2 or 1 came into play, but you don't need to worry about that! I think at one point I had 5 Amex Biz cards open at once. Before pop-up was a thing my wife once opened 4 Amex Biz cards in a 6 month span.

Well the good news is I don’t have gestational diabetes! I do have a little bit of anemia though so I have to start taking ferrous sulfate every day
I had this too and it was GREAT when I started taking the iron supplement. I didn’t realize how tired/ rundown I was until I started feeling so much better with the supplement.

Dh is wanting a new card sometime in February/March to help pay for medical bills. We are deciding between a southwest card to help with a positioning flight next year or some kind of Amex.

My question is what is a good Amex card for us to try? We both have a BBP. We anticipate the big medical bill to be $2,000-3,000.

ETA: I think we're considering a Capital One Venture instead. I can refer Dh from my card and we can use this card to book our Airbnb for Japan next year.

Last edited:
I had this too and it was GREAT when I started taking the iron supplement. I didn’t realize how tired/ rundown I was until I started feeling so much better with the supplement.
That’s good to hear! I’ve been getting light headed easily from working out so I have to slow way down. I’m planning to go look at supplements today. She said slow fe or ferrous sulfate.

@havaneselover you've used your Gold credits for Chick Fil A somehow, right? Grubhub maybe, if I'm remembering correctly? How do you do that exactly- I'm not seeing that as an option on Grubhub's website and see very few options in my area.
I just go to grubhub then select pick up and the one by me (Short Pump) shows up. But the one by our Costco doesn't so maybe the franchise owners decide whether or not to participate? But I thought @Albort or @wendow said something about using the ChickFilA app and that crediting when using Gold to pay. I haven't tried that yet.

Dh is wanting a new card sometime in February/March to help pay for medical bills. We are deciding between a southwest card to help with a positioning flight next year or some kind of Amex.

My question is what is a good Amex card for us to try? We both have a BBP. We anticipate the big medical bill to be $2,000-3,000.
I'm struggling with what's next too and thinking BBP or the new SB Performance Business card. Amex Biz Platinum is on my radar and I'll probably pull the trigger on that this year but I'm not there yet! Between now and June I'll need to pay $11K+ in federal taxes so no shortage of spending coming due.

You can have 5 American Express Credit Cards open at a time. There is No limit on Charge Cards. There is no differentiation between personal and business cards in these limits. I'm not sure where you were thinking 2 or 1 came into play, but you don't need to worry about that! I think at one point I had 5 Amex Biz cards open at once. Before pop-up was a thing my wife once opened 4 Amex Biz cards in a 6 month span.
Awesome, thanks. Not sure where I got the 2 business cards idea from.

He sounds like a true fan. He probably wasn’t old enough to enjoy the 2010 Super Bowl.
I may have this wrong, but I think you live in the Chicago area. So when he gets crap from all the Bears fans, he should just remind them they could have had Patrick Mahomes. That usually shuts them up, as that decision will haunt them for decades.
Yes, we live in Chicago suburbs which is why he gets crap. I’m actually surprised he has stuck to it but he is firm.
He has not really seen them in a Super Bowl. He was born in 2009, so was almost 2 but not something he can recall. He probably watched a bit but grandpa got him hooked somewhere after that.

On the dog movie myself, husband, and especially my middle are the same way. My oldest wanted to see “A Dog’s Purpose” and my husband said he would take her (I don’t think he realized what it was about). He was not happy with me after. I actually felt bad...my oldest wants to be a veterinarian and will probably succeed at it and be a good one since she doesn’t see a problem with those movies. My middle at the end of last year watched in school some movie where the dog is left at a train station for basically his whole life. Basically she came home sobbing and for the next week would periodically start up again. We have a pact now. If someone wants to show her an animal movie she does not want to watch she can call me and I will come get her or arrange to have her not watch it. She is the kid who is okay with other scary movies (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park) but a dog or other animal in peril is her undoing.
I worked in veterinary medicine for years and I still don’t like those movies. I recall as a kid not being emotional at movies. I never cried (still rarely do) and they didn’t affect me much. Until I saw ”Benji”. It was a dog movie back in the 70’s. One of the bad guys kicked a little dog who yelped and went flying across the room, and lay there still. I didn’t bawl, but definitely tears rolled. Obviously affected me since I still recall it 50 years later.

Statement close is 3 days after payment date so the 17th of the month. So you need to meet MSR by 2/17. The points will not post any earlier than the day after statement close.
OK, so if I have a payment due on 2/22, I need to meet MSR by 1/25 in order to have the points post in Feb? Or I have until 2/25 to have points post in Feb?

I have flights in March, so I want my points to post and earn CP in Feb.

Last edited:
I'm struggling with what's next too and thinking BBP or the new SB Performance Business card. Amex Biz Platinum is on my radar and I'll probably pull the trigger on that this year but I'm not there yet! Between now and June I'll need to pay $11K+ in federal taxes so no shortage of spending coming due.
For those of you mentioning paying taxes- federal, property, etc, how do you do this with a credit card? I was thinking I had to pay my property taxes by cash or check.

I suffer from low iron and b12 and it's amazing how horrible you realize you felt when you start feeling better. I take iron twice a day plus a liquid b12 supplement (I took b12 shots for a few months to help quickly get my levels up). I think my levels must be low again since my symptoms are starting to come back so I'm scheduled to get bloodwork and meet with my dr on Friday.

@Haley R glad you got the correct diagnosis and you should be feeling pretty darn good once the supplements kick in.

Hi all! Total newbie in the credit card game, but I want to start catching on and eventually work my way to stardom.

I've literally applied for (or been approved for) zero cards in the last 24 months. I have a BANK OF AMERICA Cash Rewards card (I'm on the Preferred Rewards tier) that I've had for so long I can't even remember when I technically applied for it. Probably 2012?

About me:
  • Almost ALL of my expenses go on the credit card every month. I'm a (non-traveling) consultant, so lots of food/restaurant expenses, plus auto insurance, plus gas. We don't pay for my cell or any cable, so those don't. My typical CC bill in a month varies wildly, but averages probably $1000-$1500
  • I pay off my CC every month in full. ETA: I typically get $35-$50 in cashback each month.
  • I always fly out of STL
  • Southwest services STL, and is my preferred airline
  • I don't have a preferred hotel rewards program. I've only ever used them to transfer points over to Southwest (I used to play hard in Swagbucks and e-rewards but currently don't have time).
  • I'm a Southwest RapidRewards member, but have spent most of my points and currently only have 3,511.
  • Mostly want biggest bang for my buck - like cash back. But would also like to rack up some airline miles so the family can travel more as my girls get older.
  • We're going to Orlando in September, but after that nothing concrete is planned. I'd eventually like to be able to cover 3 US-only round-trips per year.
  • Family consists of me, husband, and two daughters - ages 3 (almost 4) and 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter