I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This works. I did it when DH got an upgrade offer to the Plat. You would apply for the new card first, after approval quickly take the upgrade offer before it goes away. If you have a P2, use a support link for the new card.

The new card would take up an Amex credit card slot (don't count charge cards in this) and a 5/24 slot. The upgraded card would not. For the new card, you may need to unlock your credit reports, though Amex often doesn't do hard pulls on existing customers. If you've gotten other Amex cards recently, that would give you a good idea.
So, if I did that I would end up with 2 of the Everyday Preferred Cards. So, next year when the AF comes due - I could down grade one to the free one? Is that kind of the idea of it?

We could really use a new MSR with all of these hospital bills but we just did the refinancing and don’t want to lower our credit scores even more. Mine is already low right now from doing the MDD

For travel booked through Chase UR travel portal for airlines...is there some magic trick to get the points refunded and not a silly travel credit...I spent an hour on the chat feature and they could only get a travel credit expiring on January 4th 2021 which obviously is not what I am looking for.

I think I saw others had successfully got points back...is it just hang up call again? If it matters flights are in July.

Also in some great news my hotel reopens Monday!!!!

Last edited:

So, if I did that I would end up with 2 of the Everyday Preferred Cards. So, next year when the AF comes due - I could down grade one to the free one? Is that kind of the idea of it?

Yup! You could downgrade both if you don't need the Amex slot for something else. And hope for another upgrade offer. :D

Ok if I add them all up, it's closer to 45% of my income. Problematic, do you think?

I can easily ask them to drop the limit on my Freedom. It's ridiculously high, considering how little I use it (especially these days).
The old guideline was 50% of household income.....if I was applying I would reduce the limit a bit on a card or if you are not approved call in and offer to move some of the Freedoms CL

Nothing like the internet going out in the middle of a meeting and then finding out it's an outage that won't be fixed for almost 4 hours. Thank goodness I had a few things saved tobmy desktop I can work on.

I forgot to post earlier, @havaneselover canada has closed their ports through oct 31 so your Alaska cruise should finally get cancelled, not that it wouldn't have anyway I'd imagine but now they really have to.

Hoooold on a minute.... you just gave me an idea....anyone who's good with numbers want to chime in on this? I could PC one of Dh FU to a CSR right now, when would the AF come due? but that means we could take advantage of the $300 grocery credit,plus the possible 1.5% cashout within two months.... is this worth PC'ing just for that? I'm thinking I could hit the $1500 quickly with store brand gc to use later (?)
From past post it appears that the fee doesn't post for several months. And yes, you could buy $1,500 of GC to spend later.

Bye-bye ADRs and FastPasses. I guess for ADRs I might have a better chance to get what I want. I'm really not an ADR person, but planned to be for a few meals for this trip.

I had a feeling FPs would not be used for the time being.

• Dining and Experiences: In order to foster physical distancing during this time, upon reopening, our offerings, restaurants and other experiences such as behind-the-scenes tours will be limited in capacity, and other experiences may remain closed. As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings, including Disney dining plans included in packages, through the end of the year. We will reopen dining and experience bookings with more limited numbers closer to when the parks reopen. We will also shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window for dining and experience bookings going forward to allow Guests to make their plans closer to their visits.
  • FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours: As a result of the COVID-19 impact, the FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as we plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity at our attractions and maintain physical distancing. We will automatically cancel existing FastPass+ selections and share any future updates on the service at a later date. Also, please note that upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/05/an-update-on-walt-disney-world-resort-reservations/

Well, I guess that explains why I couldn't book any November ADRs this morning. I thought they were just super busy because it's thanksgiving week. :sad:

For travel booked through Chase UR travel portal for airlines...is there some magic trick to get the points refunded and not a silly travel credit...I spent an hour on the chat feature and they could only get a travel credit expiring on January 4th 2021 which obviously is not what I am looking for.

I think I saw others had successfully got points back...is it just hang up call again? If it matters flights are in July.

I'm curious about this as well. Have flights on DL booked for July to HI that I booked through the UR portal that I need to cancel and I'd like the points back if I can. Rather not have the credit at this point. Who knows when and where we can go somewhere???

Congrats on your hotel opening on Monday, I know that has to be a relief to you!

The only way to get the points back is if the Airlines actually cancels the flight or makes changes to the flights. Each Airline has different rules. I had Delta Flights and Delta's rule is that it can be refunded if the time changes are more than 1-1/2 hours. Delta had changed all of my flights more than that so I chatted with Chase and told them I wanted my UR's back instead of a Delta Credit as Delta had changed the flights. They called Delta and then came back and refunded my points. If no changes were made on the flights - it may pay to wait it out and see if they do end up getting changed or cancelled.

I'm trying to figure out my next move since the next card was going to be a chase biz.

The goal has always been asia with rt SEA to Tokyo either airport. The plan had been UR to VS for ANA 1st or biz. I'm slightly weary of booking with VS given their current cash flow issues. We're going Sept 2021 so I can't book until Octish but I think I need more of a plan b than I currently have.

I have enough UR to transfer and have a bit over 80k in MR. I only have like 33k in DL so even with my current mr stash it's not enough for 2 tickets.

Neither transfer to AA which puts JAL out. I'm a P1 so what I have is what there is. I would need something that one of these can transfer to, with UR being preferred simply because I have over 200k of them.

I don't want, nor do I think I have enough time, to do another currency which also leaves AA out.

Am I missing a transfer partner for one of these that could get us there? I want at least biz both ways but would settle for economy on the way home if we had to. And everything could sort itself put with VS but of they book it but it's not ticketed with ANA I'm stuck with nothing. Not worried about the other airlines, just VS.

As LynnTH said, it depends on the airline unfortunately. They go by what the airline policy is. It seems better to call (I got right through a few days ago at 2 PM EST). Alaska was no problem refunding, as they only have to have changed by 1 hour for refund. Philippines Air was bad because Chase had to call them for some sort of waiver to refund and said we should eventually get those points back. United was a problem, and even though they had cancelled his non-stop and the new times were hours different, they would not budge on a refund we and got an email from Chase on May 1 that we would get a voucher but they did not know when it would expire. Four weeks later still have heard nothing.

The question for me, with cashing out UR for groceries on the CSR is...will cashing out at 1.5x for groceries wipe out the 5xUR earned on the grocery purchase? I can’t quite get a handle on whether it will or not. If it does then I don’t think it will be worth it. I’ll max out my $1500 for May and June, go back to using BCP for groceries, and save the UR for something else. Guess I’ll be watching for DP’s.
My reading of it is that you would not get the 5X for the $300 that would be wiped out by the travel credit, but should get 5X for other grocery purchases in June. Hard to say for sure. My plan is to switch to CSR for groceries in June (have already used the travel credit) for the 5X and 1.5 redemption, then just go back to using CSR in restaurants for the usual 3X and take advantage of 1.5 redemption for those charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter