I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel stupid asking this but did I totally miss that there are no support links for a plain Freedom anymore?
Not a stupid question....unfortunately the support links for the plain Freedom disappeared a little while ago, only the CFU has support links now

As LynnTH said, it depends on the airline unfortunately. They go by what the airline policy is. It seems better to call (I got right through a few days ago at 2 PM EST). Alaska was no problem refunding, as they only have to have changed by 1 hour for refund. Philippines Air was bad because Chase had to call them for some sort of waiver to refund and said we should eventually get those points back. United was a problem, and even though they had cancelled his non-stop and the new times were hours different, they would not budge on a refund we and got an email from Chase on May 1 that we would get a voucher but they did not know when it would expire. Four weeks later still have heard nothing.

Of course I have United....uggghhh...Travel is for my parents and they did actually have the flight changed by over 2 hours but I am guessing since they accepted the change a long time ago that it might not work.

It seems like the absolute worse case scenario would be just changing them to next year.

Also slightly nervous that on United.com right now the cancel waiver period is only until May 31st....

Last edited:

Hi everyone! Haven't posted in a while because things have been busy for one reason or another, but I've been following along as I can. I have a DP for anyone who still has Delta Vacations trips waiting to be cancelled. I had booked a Delta Vacations trip for travel 2nd week of June to WDW and had bought several WDW tickets with it. I bought 3 day flex tickets and had converted them to longer, date-based tickets by calling Disney. I also got the Delta Vacations insurance.

Delta finally moved my return flight by several hours (it was a July flight), so I called to see what my options were. And they offered to cancel the entire trip, including the Disney tickets and the insurance cost, and put the entire amount on a Delta Vacations voucher that's good for travel until Sept. 30, 2022. That's better than what the insurance would have provided, so I took it. Now I have a $4700 Delta Vacations voucher. Given that I now have a really big voucher and a long expiration date, I'm happy with the outcome. I plan to spend time I would have spent planning vacations playing around on the Delta Vacations website instead for now. Maybe a trip to England and Scotland for the family in summer 2022?

Totally off topic, but thank goodness, murder charges for the cop. Maybe I can stop watching our cities burn every night.

I know. This is crazy scary. Hoping things will calm down a bit with the arrest. But not sure that will happen. May be a long weekend. Glad the National Guard is in place now. The groups of rioters are moving to so may places. I am in the suburbs of the Twin Cities and they are getting really close. (and I live in Woodbury and the cop lived in Oakdale - way too close for comfort)

Totally off topic, but thank goodness, murder charges for the cop. Maybe I can stop watching our cities burn every night.
I hadn’t watched the news in like a month and finally today watched a little. I had no idea that kind of stuff was even happening. I’ve been kind of isolated in my own bubble the last month

I know. This is crazy scary. Hoping things will calm down a bit with the arrest. But not sure that will happen. May be a long weekend. Glad the National Guard is in place now. The groups of rioters are moving to so may places. I am in the suburbs of the Twin Cities and they are getting really close. (and I live in Woodbury and the cop lived in Oakdale - way too close for comfort)
I had to run to Target last night, and there was a sheriff parked on the sidewalk. And I live up in the wayyyyyy north suburbs. No way they were going to make it all the way up here but apparently they wanted to be better safe than sorry.

I know some are waiting on Universal hotels news, I don't think I've seen this posted here:

The hotel reopening of hotels will begin on June 2.

The phased reopening of the hotels will include Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Universal’s Aventura Hotel and Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites. Plans for Loews Portofino Bay Hotel and Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites will be announced at a later time, Universal said.

Universal said the hotels are opening before the parks to give guests the opportunity to check-in and get settled before visiting the theme parks and taking advantage of early park admission. Guests arriving on June 2 will not be able to enter the parks until June 3.

https://www.wesh.com/article/univer...PhKeLUkxuORLzLpmw9jPEWypn2fGB9OaOSEQ1_sU3JKag

Chase has been super fast at responding to SMs and moving/changing my credit limits around. So that step is completed.

My van is at the dealership right now having the diagnostics run so they can tell me alllll the things that need to be replaced. It's an 07 with approximately 190K miles on it so I am sure the list will be extensive and expensive; hence my desire to put all that spend on a new card if I can.

After dropping the CL on the Freedom, should I wait at all to go ahead and apply for a new card, or can I do it right away, do you think?

Thanks!

I feel stupid asking this but did I totally miss that there are no support links for a plain Freedom anymore?
I don't have a CFU, just a Freedom. It appears I can use my Freedom to support people to the CFU.

I can also support to the WOH - Hyatt card.

I don't post these so don't usually notice but they just recently sent me an email.

Hi everyone! Haven't posted in a while because things have been busy for one reason or another, but I've been following along as I can. I have a DP for anyone who still has Delta Vacations trips waiting to be cancelled. I had booked a Delta Vacations trip for travel 2nd week of June to WDW and had bought several WDW tickets with it. I bought 3 day flex tickets and had converted them to longer, date-based tickets by calling Disney. I also got the Delta Vacations insurance.

Delta finally moved my return flight by several hours (it was a July flight), so I called to see what my options were. And they offered to cancel the entire trip, including the Disney tickets and the insurance cost, and put the entire amount on a Delta Vacations voucher that's good for travel until Sept. 30, 2022. That's better than what the insurance would have provided, so I took it. Now I have a $4700 Delta Vacations voucher. Given that I now have a really big voucher and a long expiration date, I'm happy with the outcome. I plan to spend time I would have spent planning vacations playing around on the Delta Vacations website instead for now. Maybe a trip to England and Scotland for the family in summer 2022?

Thanks for the update! What value did you get for the converted tickets? Was it the original Delta price plus whatever you paid to Disney?

I moved mine to Thanksgiving, but having second thoughts. Not sure if they'd let me cancel or move it again though. Still thinking about it, so haven't called to ask.

I hadn’t watched the news in like a month and finally today watched a little. I had no idea that kind of stuff was even happening. I’ve been kind of isolated in my own bubble the last month
Totally normal with a newbie human lol! It's hard to just survive yourself, much less stay up to date on the news. But yeah, things just seem so crazy right now outside of our bubbles.

@Oscar Madison And USO is definitely a go! All hotels except Portofino and Endless Summer are reopening! I spent wait too much making preview reservations for 6/4 only to learn AP hotel guests will have access.

We're Ready to Reopen
We’re excited to announce that Universal Orlando Resort will open select Universal Hotels beginning June 2nd, and guests staying in our resort hotels June 2nd – June 4th with a valid park ticket will be invited to visit the theme parks on June 3rdand 4th, prior to our public reopening on June 5th.
Your hotel reservation remains in place and you do not need to take any action. We look forward to welcoming you back to our destination!

This carefully managed reopening comes with stringent new health, safety and hygiene procedures in place. The availability of food service, pools, fitness centers and other amenities at the resort hotels may be limited due to increased frequency of cleaning and sanitization.

In addition, in an effort to keep our Hotel Guests and Team Members safe, we ask the following from you before arriving to your hotel:
  • Please conduct temperature checks prior to arrival to our destination; if 100.4 degrees or over, stay home until you are feeling better
  • Bring your own face covering prior to arrival at the hotel
  • Visitors from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Louisiana and international markets should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting our destination

As we enjoy our parks and hotels together again, everyone will also need to follow Universal Orlando Resort’s policies and procedures, including the following:

And the biggest news! I now officially have a high school student! It has been a super rough year but he finished strong with flying colors. I am happy, excited and sad all at once! I can’t believe he only has 4 more years at home with us.

and sorry for being MIA. This week has been super stressful with work, projects, finals, etc! So glad to be relaxing next week.

Last edited:
Internet is still out so I'll work 3.5 hours tomorrow to get stuff done.

I did notice when I was looking up the outage info that comcast has extended the unlimited internet through the end of June so I had credit for a month and a half since the last credit was 2 months and put us at mid may. So at least that's there but I still hate comcast.

As LynnTH said, it depends on the airline unfortunately. They go by what the airline policy is. It seems better to call (I got right through a few days ago at 2 PM EST). Alaska was no problem refunding, as they only have to have changed by 1 hour for refund. Philippines Air was bad because Chase had to call them for some sort of waiver to refund and said we should eventually get those points back. United was a problem, and even though they had cancelled his non-stop and the new times were hours different, they would not budge on a refund we and got an email from Chase on May 1 that we would get a voucher but they did not know when it would expire. Four weeks later still have heard nothing.
@georgina On the United flights, how many hours did they change? We had United from Tucson to San Francisco, then on to Stuttgart Germany for May 19, 2020. We had transferred UR's to United points to book saver fares and at first, if we wanted to cancel, it would cost $125 per ticket to refund the points back. We waited a few more weeks and our flights changed quite a bit. Our original arrival time in Germany was 3:15PM. Our new arrival time was 7:30AM. Since there was a greater than 6 hour change in our arrival time, United then gave us a full refund of points and no cost to do it.

This is great news, I'm so glad it worked out for you.

Thanks for the update! What value did you get for the converted tickets? Was it the original Delta price plus whatever you paid to Disney?

I moved mine to Thanksgiving, but having second thoughts. Not sure if they'd let me cancel or move it again though. Still thinking about it, so haven't called to ask.
They gave me the value I originally paid Delta for the tickets. They suggested I call Disney about the remaining amount I paid to upgrade the tickets. I paid $92 to upgrade them to date-based, so I took the risk and cancelled the tickets without knowing what would happen to the rest of the money.

Weirdly, the tickets are still showing up on MDE. I assume they'll disappear eventually. I'm planning to call Disney to see about the $92 but given everything going on now at WDW I'm going to wait a bit!

Not sure what will happen since you moved dates but it can't hurt to call and ask if you're curious. We're moving our trip back a year, to summer 2021. DD4 has some medical issues, and her developmental pediatrician said to consider her higher risk until we know more. That, combined with the fact that I can't convince her to wear a mask, means no WDW for us for a while.

Oh, one other Delta Vacations update- I had originally paid $170 of the package with DH's CSR. They refunded that portion back onto his CC. They remaining $4700 was all paid with Delta miles during their 2 cents promo, which is the part I got the voucher for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter