I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should know this but I don’t. Is the sapphire $300 travel credit good from Jan1-Dec31 OR A YEAR FROM THE DATE OF THE ANNUAL FEE? Gee... why don’t I know this??

I'm trying to figure out my next move since the next card was going to be a chase biz.

The goal has always been asia with rt SEA to Tokyo either airport. The plan had been UR to VS for ANA 1st or biz. I'm slightly weary of booking with VS given their current cash flow issues. We're going Sept 2021 so I can't book until Octish but I think I need more of a plan b than I currently have.

I have enough UR to transfer and have a bit over 80k in MR. I only have like 33k in DL so even with my current mr stash it's not enough for 2 tickets.

Neither transfer to AA which puts JAL out. I'm a P1 so what I have is what there is. I would need something that one of these can transfer to, with UR being preferred simply because I have over 200k of them.

I don't want, nor do I think I have enough time, to do another currency which also leaves AA out.

Am I missing a transfer partner for one of these that could get us there? I want at least biz both ways but would settle for economy on the way home if we had to. And everything could sort itself put with VS but of they book it but it's not ticketed with ANA I'm stuck with nothing. Not worried about the other airlines, just VS.

MR transfers to ANA. its 85k RT in J from LAX(im not sure about SEA).
i think their Y is decent too.

you can try UR--> BA and see if u can pick up JAL tickets there.

MR transfers to ANA. its 85k RT in J from LAX(im not sure about SEA).
i think their Y is decent too.

you can try UR--> BA and see if u can pick up JAL tickets there.

Thank you! I figured there had to be something more. I'll take a look at their award charts once I can get online with my laptop.

Which brings the next question. This will prob bring about my wanting more MR, esp since aside from a chase biz, there's no personal UR card with a signup bonus high enough to make much of a difference that I'm eligible for.

Aside from the biz plat, because that spend is just too much, what biz card should I be considering?

I believe I'm 3/24 and don't necessarily want to go 4/24 yet though the personal gold is on my radar. But I also have 3 amex, DL biz and Surpass that are both cc and then the plat which is a charge. So I think I should be able to get 2 more cc right? Or did they combine them both, I can't remember. If that's the case it makes the next move tricky since I'd like to keep a spot for a potential aspire next year without closing the surpass.

He ended up sleeping for about 3-4 hours after, just ate, and is back to sleep so I think maybe he was just over tired or stressed out. He does that sometimes at home during the day anyway. He likes to fight sleep

I always felt like that red-faced crying with tight muscles in arms and legs were to tire themselves out, in preparation for sleep.

So glad things are back on track for your family!

Delta finally moved my return flight by several hours (it was a July flight), so I called to see what my options were. And they offered to cancel the entire trip, including the Disney tickets and the insurance cost, and put the entire amount on a Delta Vacations voucher that's good for travel until Sept. 30, 2022. That's better than what the insurance would have provided, so I took it. Now I have a $4700 Delta Vacations voucher. Given that I now have a really big voucher and a long expiration date, I'm happy with the outcome. I plan to spend time I would have spent planning vacations playing around on the Delta Vacations website instead for now. Maybe a trip to England and Scotland for the family in summer 2022?

So glad everything worked out for you! I called yesterday to cancel our Italy trip planned for next week. Definitely glad I waited. They told me that we have to book by 12/31/21 and travel by 9/30/22. We had paid for the insurance, so it was nice not to lose that money. Definitely different policy than when I cancelled our spring break trip. I asked if they could apply the new policy to our spring break trip, but they said no (which I suspected). We now have almost $10K in Delta credits and vouchers. Hoping for some nice trips in the future!

It resets on your card anniversary. You can check if you've used it and when it resets on your Ultimate Rewards dashboard.
So Feb 1 is my card anniv. And I’ve already used $225 of my $300 travel reimbursement. So at June 1, I can use $75 for grocery reimbursement?

I hadn’t watched the news in like a month and finally today watched a little. I had no idea that kind of stuff was even happening. I’ve been kind of isolated in my own bubble the last month
Totally normal with a newbie human lol! It's hard to just survive yourself, much less stay up to date on the news. But yeah, things just seem so crazy right now outside of our bubbles.

Agree totally normal, but beware of late night TV. I was up with my first born in the middle of the night and ended up ordering a 10 CD set of Time Life Greatest Rock N Roll hits! I don't regret it, and that DD ended up being a big fan of the 'oldies' on those CDs.

@georgina On the United flights, how many hours did they change? We had United from Tucson to San Francisco, then on to Stuttgart Germany for May 19, 2020. We had transferred UR's to United points to book saver fares and at first, if we wanted to cancel, it would cost $125 per ticket to refund the points back. We waited a few more weeks and our flights changed quite a bit. Our original arrival time in Germany was 3:15PM. Our new arrival time was 7:30AM. Since there was a greater than 6 hour change in our arrival time, United then gave us a full refund of points and no cost to do it.

It wasn't that long, maybe 2 hrs, but United kept changing its wording on how long a change they would refund for. Actually DH chatted with Chase in April, and they decided he should wait to see if they updated their policy, then somehow he got an email that he had cancelled it. A little weird, I did finally email United today to find out when his voucher expires as I can't find it on the website. If it is Sept 2020 it will be useless.

I forgot to post earlier, @havaneselover canada has closed their ports through oct 31 so your Alaska cruise should finally get cancelled, not that it wouldn't have anyway I'd imagine but now they really have to.

I'm waiting for DCL to now cancel our Oct cruise on the Magic that was headed to 2 ports in Canada. Was really hoping to be able to do that one.

I have read through the last 20 or so pages. My head is spinning a bit TBH.

I have the CSP and want to get the 3x on groceries, is it allowed to just buy giftcards to do this? Do they have to be store brand, so Publix or Aldi's giftcards? Or can I buy any type including Visa/MC ones? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Oh, one other Delta Vacations update- I had originally paid $170 of the package with DH's CSR. They refunded that portion back onto his CC. They remaining $4700 was all paid with Delta miles during their 2 cents promo, which is the part I got the voucher for.
That's good to know. I didn't even ask, but we only had $80 on our CSR. I definitely wanted a voucher since we also paid with miles during the 2 cent promo.

Hello all, I am refinancing my mortgage and the lender wants a letter saying why did I have a credit pull at the end of feb. It was a cip card. What should I say? It does currently have a balance on it. I haven’t paid it off yet. 2 weeks ago they asked and I told them it was for travel to Hawaii that didn’t happen due to COVID-19 please help, I’m freaking out. I would of never opened the card if I knew I had a chance of a refi. I am only doing it because of how low the rates for. Thank you. Thank you.

Last edited:
I have read through the last 20 or so pages. My head is spinning a bit TBH.

I have the CSP and want to get the 3x on groceries, is it allowed to just buy giftcards to do this? Do they have to be store brand, so Publix or Aldi's giftcards? Or can I buy any type including Visa/MC ones? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Should work for any gift card purchased at a grocery store.

Hello all, I am refinancing my mortgage and the lender wants a letter saying why did I have a credit pull at the end of feb. It was a cip card. What should I say? It does currently have a balance on it. I haven’t paid it off yet. please help, I’m freaking out. Thanks
Just say, I opened a new credit card for xxx. Reason could be your business, travel etc. When I had a banker ask me why I opened a few new cards, I said they are all travel cards and we are traveling more so use the benefits.

He likes to fight sleep
This is my son in a nutshell.

Last edited:
Hello all, I am refinancing my mortgage and the lender wants a letter saying why did I have a credit pull at the end of feb. It was a cip card. What should I say? It does currently have a balance on it. I haven’t paid it off yet. please help, I’m freaking out. Thanks
We are refi'ing also and the lender asked the same of me for a CIP I opened 4/2. I just stated it was for a new cc and sent them a current statement.

We are refi'ing also and the lender asked the same of me for a CIP I opened 4/2. I just stated it was for a new cc and sent them a current statement.
Did it matter that the card statement says business on it. I should have paid it off by now. Wondering if I should pay it off now or just wait. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!