I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just now looking into Dosh (thanks for the tip).
Looks like Dosh Is for in- store use only, correct?
Yes. With Dosh if you can get two $200 gift cards, the net price is $391 + 2k ur points. But then there’s a limit of 2 vs 5 at staples.

Wednesday I have to go into work so I’ll try both staples and both office depots on my route. Hopefully someone will have something.

I have the Hyatt Centric in Madrid booked for 4 nights, I kind of want to cancel. It kind of hurts me a little to pay 40k/night. I could use those points on so many more nights. We usually stay at Hyatt House/Place, the Centric would be too fancy for us.

I have the Hyatt Centric in Madrid booked for 4 nights, I kind of want to cancel. It kind of hurts me a little to pay 40k/night. I could use those points on so many more nights. We usually stay at Hyatt House/Place, the Centric would be too fancy for us.

That is high! And I say that as someone who likes fancy. 😆 Is it a suite? What's the cash cost?

It is a suite, since there are 4 of us.

Glad you posted this because I couldn't figure out how it was 40k a night. I stayed at the centric at fisherman's wharf in SF and it was a nice property, but I feel like a centric is worth 20k, maybe 25k if it's in a really good location, which I think is what they bumped the SF one too so you can't use a fnc there any more.

Do you have points you can use at another property? I'm guessing there being 4 of you is part of the issue. Is it at least a 1bd or is it just a suite so there's more room or a pull out couch?

I thought I’d share some pictures of ds since he’s wearing his nightmare before Christmas outfit. It says “nightmare before nap time”. We laugh at the last one because he looks so formal lol

Attachments

• FBE3C442-A700-4844-B82A-7D4E7E186019.jpeg
    FBE3C442-A700-4844-B82A-7D4E7E186019.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 79
  • C59DB03D-B8FF-4A19-982F-24264FA51910.jpeg
    C59DB03D-B8FF-4A19-982F-24264FA51910.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 79
  • E829CDA2-059C-4F90-B8AF-FA07F6861036.jpeg
    E829CDA2-059C-4F90-B8AF-FA07F6861036.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 81

I love fancy, but 40k is a lot of points for one night. We had the Park Hyatt in Paris booked for 30k. The problem is that, in Europe, they really get you for bringing along the family. What would it cost for 2 regular rooms there, or in a different hotel? Suites are just really expensive.

Glad you posted this because I couldn't figure out how it was 40k a night. I stayed at the centric at fisherman's wharf in SF and it was a nice property, but I feel like a centric is worth 20k, maybe 25k if it's in a really good location, which I think is what they bumped the SF one too so you can't use a fnc there any more.

Do you have points you can use at another property? I'm guessing there being 4 of you is part of the issue. Is it at least a 1bd or is it just a suite so there's more room or a pull out couch?
Yes, I'm looking at the Chase portal for apartments.
It's rather hard to use points for a family in Europe. We've ended up booking apartments with cash. The Chase portal is also a possibility, but the choices are more limited. I'd say 40k Hyatt is worth at least $600. You can probably get a very nice apartment for $200-300 (with laundry!).
I'm going to look for something else, save those points.

The Staples Visa GC thing... is the "deal" that they're offering them for no fee? (Soonest I'll be able to get to a store is Thursday and even that's unlikely)
OK thank you.

I don't have Dosh. Please don't kick me out of the group.
Since I know we’re in a similar area, all the Staples I went to on Friday were cleaned out ☹️ They may have restocked, but it sucks to make the trip and leave empty handed. I’ve had better luck with Office Max. Thanks to this great group I signed up for Dosh and have made an additional $40 with the past few promos they’ve had 👍🏻 Easy money

Since I know we’re in a similar area, all the Staples I went to on Friday were cleaned out ☹ They may have restocked, but it sucks to make the trip and leave empty handed. I’ve had better luck with Office Max. Thanks to this great group I signed up for Dosh and have made an additional $40 with the past few promos they’ve had 👍🏻 Easy money
That's good to know thank you.

I'd probably call first.. last time I called Staples and they were kind enough to check the Disney GCs for me. Of course... I also need to do a Target and Costco/Sam's run this weekend so I will sorta be in the area(s) anyway.

Yes. With Dosh if you can get two $200 gift cards, the net price is $391 + 2k ur points. But then there’s a limit of 2 vs 5 at staples.

Wednesday I have to go into work so I’ll try both staples and both office depots on my route. Hopefully someone will have something.
OK so I've been looking into Dosh a little more carefully- I want to make sure I have it right.

• I add a card (or cards) to the Dosh app.

• Any time I pay for anything using any of those added cards at a merchant that is on Dosh, I automatically get some amount of cash back. I don't have to add offers or anything like that... just shop as I normally would and it takes care of the rest?

That seems pretty easy... almost too easy! Am I missing anything?

OK so I've been looking into Dosh a little more carefully- I want to make sure I have it right.

• I add a card (or cards) to the Dosh app.

• Any time I pay for anything using any of those added cards at a merchant that is on Dosh, I automatically get some amount of cash back. I don't have to add offers or anything like that... just shop as I normally would and it takes care of the rest?

That seems pretty easy... almost too easy! Am I missing anything?
Nope. It really is that easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter