I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't used it, so I don't know what it looks like. But I wonder if it shows up differently. On the Rewards Activity page, there's a separate tab for "Bonus on Ultimate Rewards Travel" next to "Bonus on shopping and promotions".

To SM, I'd try Account Inquiry so it lets you send a message. It is about your account. :)

I've been at work all done and unable to check until now, but you are right! I had to click through a few things and found it under the tab for "Bonus on ultimate rewards travel". It is showing as pending until November 10th, which I believe is when my billing cycle ends. Thanks for your help!

Just approved for a CIC! The credit limit is low (only 3K) but I will just be careful.

Now I'll have two CICs to purchase Disney Gift Cards with at Staples, right? And it's the highest Chase SUB I think I can get right now so I'm not complaining.

:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

I was able to switch my Tokyo hotel to the Tokyo Station Hotel just now. Randomly checked to see if it had opened up.

Slightly curious about the Tokyo Bay Hilton though because it's still only bookable through July 27 and while I can't imagine they would take the entire thing down for a renovation I do wonder what's going on. I can book other Hilton stuff in the area, but this one and another show as sold out when you put dates in on the app, unavailable when you put dates in on the website and searching by their calendar shows no 4 nights available. Guess if I had to I could switch to a Hilton in Tokyo and stay further out at the Hyatt at TDLR but I'd rather stay at Tokyo Station now that I have it, the location is too good for what my plans appear to be shaping up to.

The Tokyo Olympics are 7/23/21 - 8/8/21. Is that the reason?

Last edited:

Just to tuck this away for future reference, if we love WDW:

Am I correct in thinking that the Swan and Dolphin are Marriott properties, and, as such, could be a use for Marriott points (if I had any, which I don't)?

If so, what are the pros/cons to being at either one of those? I know they're not Disney owned, so one cannot use, for example, Magical Express to/from the airport.

What else should I be aware of? I'm trying to decide if I should start looking at Marriott-earning cards IF that's a good WDW option (I don't believe we would normally stay at Marriotts otherwise).

Basically, what would we be "missing" by stating at Swan/Dolphin as opposed to staying at a Disney-owned property?
The Swan & Dolphin are lovely and in a great location; you can walk to Epcot and HS. You don't get magical express transportation, charging ability to a magic band, and just recently their park transportation changed to Mears busses instead of Disney. There's also a resort fee and a parking fee. There are a few other "perks" that you don't get or are different than Disney resorts. The points cost is high compared to the cash prices, especially since you can often find a deal on priceline/hotwire. There's a dedicated thread you can check out - https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...olphin-resorts-information-questions.3264274/

I just want to say I am finally going part time at work! I have been full time for years and have been exhausted the last two years trying to manage life, kids, work,etc. Tried going part time last year and my manager pulled the position and said no openings.
A part timer finally quit and my boss actually agreed to let me take the position! Not looking forward to the huge pay cut but so happy to be home more with the kids, especially since I’ll be home for online learning days.

I just want to say I am finally going part time at work! I have been full time for years and have been exhausted the last two years trying to manage life, kids, work,etc. Tried going part time last year and my manager pulled the position and said no openings.
A part timer finally quit and my boss actually agreed to let me take the position! Not looking forward to the huge pay cut but so happy to be home more with the kids, especially since I’ll be home for online learning days.

Congrats! I'm so glad you will have more time with your kids and still get to keep your job part time. I know the online learning stuff is making life complicated for so many kids and parents, and I hope that this will help make things go as well as they can.

Just approved for a CIC! The credit limit is low (only 3K) but I will just be careful.

Now I'll have two CICs to purchase Disney Gift Cards with at Staples, right? And it's the highest Chase SUB I think I can get right now so I'm not complaining.
If you don’t mind my asking, what industry is your business? Plannning to go for a card for DH soon and there are a few we could go with. He does consulting for IT, we own rental property, and I sell on eBay. Just trying to figure out which is our best bet...

Did you call in to get it extended? i have one in Jan expiring And hope to extend into the summer.

I have 2 I'd like to extend also, both expire in Jan. I'd like to use them in July but the property I want to use them at doesn't have their calendar available to book with points yet, so I've been watching it and plan on calling and asking to extend the certs when it opens up.

If you don’t mind my asking, what industry is your business? Plannning to go for a card for DH soon and there are a few we could go with. He does consulting for IT, we own rental property, and I sell on eBay. Just trying to figure out which is our best bet...
It is literally just selling on eBay so sole proprietorship...

I was already logged into my account “for faster processing” and I have other Chase biz cards so I didn’t have to fill quite everything out again. I also used the eBay selling on my prior biz applications.
HTH!

US Bank has their $300 checking account promo on. DoC link. If you’re in their footprint and generally <6/24 this can be a good way to get your foot in the door to establish a relationship to get an Altitude Reserve down the road.
Thank you for posting this. I think I’m going to go for the bonus, and ultimately try to pick up the Altitude Reserve sometime next year.

ETA: Are Disney hotels still available through their portal? Disneyland? Hoping maybe Disneyland will be open in 2023 🙄

Has anyone used a towncar or limo service in Orlando?
We are starting the trip at Universal so need transportation. With our party of 9 it looks like this will be the same cost for us or slightly more. Not to mention the wow factor, my kids would be so excited. Looking for reviews if anyone has done this.

Has anyone used a towncar or limo service in Orlando?
We are starting the trip at Universal so need transportation. With our party of 9 it looks like this will be the same cost for us or slightly more. Not to mention the wow factor, my kids would be so excited. Looking for reviews if anyone has done this.
Tony Hinds was excellent for our universal trip. But I think he uses vans so no wow factor!

Thank you for posting this. I think I’m going to go for the bonus, and ultimately try to pick up the Altitude Reserve sometime next year.

ETA: Are Disney hotels still available through their portal? Disneyland? Hoping maybe Disneyland will be open in 2023 🙄
I don’t see DLR hotels but I see WDW Disney hotels. You can always redeem via Real Time Rewards for any hotel as long as you make sure they charge the right amount to fit the parameters for that redemption (I don’t recall it off the top my head, I think it was over $500 but less than the value of your points?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter