I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. That's what I figured, but wasn't certain. I knew y'all would know for sure.

A few years back I had the regular Marriott cc that came with the free night and I called and got an extension on it. My sister had the same experience of the agent extended it by calling. I would at least call and try and tell them about the trip in August, can't hurt.

It was a pretty good movie but *spoiler alert* the mom gets sick. :sad:
Ending was good and the message was great.

I've seen the trailer a few times and I don't think that's a spoiler. They show her tearing all the stuff down and then I forget if she finds a piece of her drawing or the animals show her. But I thought the trailer made it obvious something like that happens.

Okay Dh is home and I thought I’d post an update to his situation. So I understood him wrong about his hotel last night. Delta DID pay for it; they gave him a voucher. That’s why he couldn’t stay in the hotel at MCO. He tweeted them and they are giving him $50 for his dinner, laundry, and parking from last night. I’m very happy they are willing to make up for it. The plane was delayed for maintenance. There’s not a lot you can do about that but it’s definitely their fault for being delayed

We don't like to openly discuss it here - I'd recommend you check out the thread on DISchurners and ask questions there.

There isn't a "regular double dip" any more - it died last year. BUT Modified Double dip is still working.

In fact, I believe @Artygal90 can confirm it works with both bonuses!!!

:D I am very excited to book the last part of our Universal trip tonight with all my shiny new points! (although they are going away faster than expected!)

I stopped on my way home tonight, all inspired to finally put together the gallery wall I wanted with our pictures and some of our disney art postcards (I'm addicted). I put about 8 things in frames and now I'm tired. I thought this was a good idea because DH isnt home until late and then it would be done before he got here because I want to do the wall above our bed. He doesnt like things there because hes worried they will fall on us. I'm sure this isnt influenced by watching me hang things in college and pound a screw into the wall with a shoe to hang my shoe organizer :rolleyes:

Now hes going to come home and there will be empty photo frames all over the bed... or at least his side. At least the sheets are clean?

Okay Dh is home and I thought I’d post an update to his situation. So I understood him wrong about his hotel last night. Delta DID pay for it; they gave him a voucher. That’s why he couldn’t stay in the hotel at MCO. He tweeted them and they are giving him $50 for his dinner, laundry, and parking from last night. I’m very happy they are willing to make up for it. The plane was delayed for maintenance. There’s not a lot you can do about that but it’s definitely their fault for being delayed
That makes sense. In a maintenance delay, the carrier has responsibility and acted appropriately. I’m glad it wasn’t a weather delay :)

Pulls are something I never cared about really. I always say "I won't waste a pull on that" but by that I mean "that card bonus isn't worth my time." I don't think hard pulls matter all that much anymore for anyone quite frankly. It's all about the number of cards in a certain timeframe these days.

I definitely agree. App-O-Rama and combining pulls are largely a thing of the past now as the game changes. I'm sure there's still some super fast churners who try to limit pulls however they can (i.e. combining if possible, or AMEX not pulling, etc.) but for most it's probably a non-topic now.

EDIT: @Andysol - definitely not disagreeing with your thought there either. It is definitely a way to combine pulls early on. I think our issue here is how crazy we already sound to newer folks... Obviously people don't stumble on our thread and think "Wow I want to churn". We struggle to convince them to commit to 3-4 cards a year. We struggle to convince them that they CAN qualify for a small business card. AND most of all, the thought of applying for 2 cards on back to back days and then hitting an $8,000 MSR just sounds plain crazy to somebody who is still using the Chase Disney card they got 7 years ago, haha. I know we do have a few hardcore churners in our midst but largely we are slow to moderate churners in these here parts, lol!

Good points from both of you; especially with slower velocity. My mind was on hitting US Bank and Barclays after going through 5/24 and wanting fewer inquiries overall. But truth be told, that’s the only time it matters. Early on, pulls mean little and by the time you have 20-30 pulls, they’re completely meaningless. So it’s really for the early-mid range of the inquiry sensitive banks.

:D I am very excited to book the last part of our Universal trip tonight with all my shiny new points! (although they are going away faster than expected!)

Congrats. Are you going Hotel + tickets with UR?

Volcano Bay?

Cash Back? That signup in total is worth a cool $850 in cash; offset the $95 AF and you have $755 in your pocket. There's lots of other ways to use URs though so I'd just research it. Whatever you do, don't use them for gift cards.

Also congrats on the card! If you used a DISchurners link make sure to let that person know so that they can thank you! :)

Yes, I was glad to give a fellow dischurners the referral points and I let her know:thumbsup2

:offtopic: but I'm pretty sure there's at least one other person in here that sews. Can someone please get my grandma's voice out of my head. I'm making some ears so the fabric will never get washed therefore I don't need to wash and then iron the fabric before I start. Right? Rationally I know there's no worry of colors bleeding or something shrinking later because they'll never go in the wash but I can't get the "guilt" out of my head for not washing it first.

Sorry guys, I know most/all of you won't understand this unless you had a mom/grandma that sewed. :earsboy:

An update on my attempt to get the last $5k of our Africa trip balance paid on DH's new CIP: I received an SM back from Chase that was largely unintelligible, lol, referring to pre-authorizations and explaining what those are and then talking about ways to request an increase in the CL or to request a CL consolidation between cards. Yes, I understand the concepts. What I want to know is when the full $5k charge will go through and would it help if we moved $3k of CL from the CIC to the CIP. That led to a response that they would forward the message on for further handling in 1 to 2 business days. Being the impatient person that I am, DH and I jumped on the phone with Chase this evening. The problem was that DH only got a $5k credit limit on this second CIP, and when Natural Habitat tried twice to put the $5k charge through, 2 pre-auths of $1 each took the available CL down to $4,998. So we moved $2k of CL from DH's CIC to the CIP (which I already see reflected in his online account), and Chase removed the flags on the attempted charges, so Nat Hab should be able to get the full $5k charge through when they try again. Lesson learned. When DH got his first CIP, I put a single charge of $5k through no problem. But that CL is $11k. It is more problematic when the amount of the charge equals the amount of the CL due to the pre-auth charges. Glad to hopefully have this resolved. Will feel even better if/when the charge goes through in the morning. I felt like we were walking on eggshells a bit because, for obvious reasons, I didn't want to draw any attention to the fact that DH now has two CIPs. Ideally, we would have taken some of the CL from his CIP #1 that we will be closing in a week or two, but I thought that was too risky. We don't need a $10k CL on the CIC, so $8k will be fine, especially because I hope to get my own CIC in late April or early May.

Regarding the referral - he should just give you his password. This is why I just manage all the accounts LOL! :rotfl2:

This is exactly what I do. I manage all of my DH's online accounts for his Chase and Amex cards (he doesn't even know his user names and passwords, lol) so I can generate referral links when needed and can go into his accounts to check on charges, CLs, etc. Makes it so much easier, especially when I can SM from his account to try to resolve issues and avoid having him have to call. He was a good sport about it tonight though....

Last edited:
:offtopic: but I'm pretty sure there's at least one other person in here that sews. Can someone please get my grandma's voice out of my head. I'm making some ears so the fabric will never get washed therefore I don't need to wash and then iron the fabric before I start. Right? Rationally I know there's no worry of colors bleeding or something shrinking later because they'll never go in the wash but I can't get the "guilt" out of my head for not washing it first.

Sorry guys, I know most/all of you won't understand this unless you had a mom/grandma that sewed. :earsboy:
I probably wouldn’t wash it. I don’t sew clothes but I do a lot of window treatments. I never wash that fabric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter