I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so. I may need to call in tomorrow. I'm still in exceptions/administrative hold.

I'm finally out of that on DH's account and transferred the rest of the money from our Ally account today to keep it fee free. I guess I'll call tomorrow and try to get DH on the phone for it tomorrow night.

@Lain @SouthFayetteFan I called AmEx today to get them to re-consider my Bonvoy Business application since I opened the Aspire on December 14th. I gave the rep the file number, he told me the reason for the status, then said the file had been closed and I need to re-apply:scratchin:badpc::badpc:. The issue with this is that it takes forever for dh to send me a referral link from his AmEx account. I asked him around 1:00pm to send me a link, still nothing. Last time it took 3 days with constant reminders. I tried to find the link he sent on March 7th to no avail. I now have a spend to do to meet the MSR, so I want to get this one squared away before I apply for the personal Bonvoy (which will take longer for me to meet the MSR).

Thank you! I actually have an Amazon Prime and Marriott rewards that are both much older. My other 2 Disney cards that don’t have the fee were opened around the same time as the one with the fee. We have found we benefit more from the one with the annual fee. So, my question is under what circumstances is it better to close the card? Is it worse for your credit score for you to close it or the merchant for non-use?

Since you have older cards.I don’t think it will hurt your credit score...so I’d close it myself
I had an old Lowe’s card we never used...they closed it a few months ago and my credit score stayed the same

@Lain @SouthFayetteFan I called AmEx today to get them to re-consider my Bonvoy Business application since I opened the Aspire on December 14th. I gave the rep the file number, he told me the reason for the status, then said the file had been closed and I need to re-apply:scratchin:badpc::badpc:. The issue with this is that it takes forever for dh to send me a referral link from his AmEx account. I asked him around 1:00pm to send me a link, still nothing. Last time it took 3 days with constant reminders. I tried to find the link he sent on March 7th to no avail. I now have a spend to do to meet the MSR, so I want to get this one squared away before I apply for the personal Bonvoy (which will take longer for me to meet the MSR).
If that’s a recent application that seems odd for them to say that. I’d HUCA on that.

Regarding the referral - he should just give you his password. This is why I just manage all the accounts LOL! :rotfl2:

We don't like to openly discuss it here - I'd recommend you check out the thread on DISchurners and ask questions there.

There isn't a "regular double dip" any more - it died last year. BUT Modified Double dip is still working.

In fact, I believe @Artygal90 can confirm it works with both bonuses!!!

So, where is the DISchurners MDS thread?

And to add to that, it’s only needed for Sapphire cards, Southwest cards or when 4/24.

Though I would still recommend it for other cards when 2/24 or under to combine pulls.

First lounge visit as I wait on my flight out of Atlanta. Hmmmm maybe it is just Atlanta but not too impressed. Food was so-so. I’m not a big drinker especially since I’m traveling alone. So the bar is not a bonus for me. Could see if I brought DD as my guest, she would love the bar! A little crowded, all the comfy chairs are taken.

And to add to that, it’s only needed for Sapphire cards, Southwest cards or when 4/24.

Though I would still recommend it for other cards when 2/24 or under to combine pulls.
Are people still concerned about hard pulls much? I guess we don’t focus on it as much here because the vast majority of us would be referred to as slow churners as compared to the velocity of r/churning.

Me, too but then went all ACC with Duke/UNC and Duke winning it all. I have no dog in the hunt so ended up doing colors.
I hate unc. I put them in the final four but that’s as far as they can go. If I didn’t care about winning I’d put isu in the final game but that’s not gonna happen lol

If that’s a recent application that seems odd for them to say that. I’d HUCA on that.

Regarding the referral - he should just give you his password. This is why I just manage all the accounts LOL! :rotfl2:

Agreed with @SouthFayetteFan. I don’t think it’s even been 30 days since you applied. Seems too soon for Amex to close the application. I’d HUCA.

Are people still concerned about hard pulls much? I guess we don’t focus on it as much here because the vast majority of us would be referred to as slow churners as compared to the velocity of r/churning.

Pulls are something I never cared about really. I always say "I won't waste a pull on that" but by that I mean "that card bonus isn't worth my time." I don't think hard pulls matter all that much anymore for anyone quite frankly. It's all about the number of cards in a certain timeframe these days.

Pulls are something I never cared about really. I always say "I won't waste a pull on that" but by that I mean "that card bonus isn't worth my time." I don't think hard pulls matter all that much anymore for anyone quite frankly. It's all about the number of cards in a certain timeframe these days.
I definitely agree. App-O-Rama and combining pulls are largely a thing of the past now as the game changes. I'm sure there's still some super fast churners who try to limit pulls however they can (i.e. combining if possible, or AMEX not pulling, etc.) but for most it's probably a non-topic now.

EDIT: @Andysol - definitely not disagreeing with your thought there either. It is definitely a way to combine pulls early on. I think our issue here is how crazy we already sound to newer folks... Obviously people don't stumble on our thread and think "Wow I want to churn". We struggle to convince them to commit to 3-4 cards a year. We struggle to convince them that they CAN qualify for a small business card. AND most of all, the thought of applying for 2 cards on back to back days and then hitting an $8,000 MSR just sounds plain crazy to somebody who is still using the Chase Disney card they got 7 years ago, haha. I know we do have a few hardcore churners in our midst but largely we are slow to moderate churners in these here parts, lol!

Last edited:
Thanks. That's what I figured, but wasn't certain. I knew y'all would know for sure.
If she calls within a couple months of expiration, they will probably extend the certificate. I tried calling 6 months in advance and the rep said she “couldn’t figure out how to do it”. I called in January for a March stay, and the rep cancelled the certificate and reissued it with a new expiration, then applied it to my res. Tell her to make a reservation now, then call a couple months before to see if they will extend and apply to her reservation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter