I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your trip sounds like fun and I think going during spring break is so clever! Summer is hot, winter holidays are cold, spring break should be nice. My DD has actually been to cities and countries that I haven't since she's been traveling without me so much so I'm just happy to have some time with her. If you like coffee, apparently Austrian has a whole coffee menu. I wish I liked coffee...:coffee:

I was only thinking about the pastries in Austria - coffee too? I have 2 coffee fiends in my family (my teen drinks her coffee black!) and I like coffee (but not as much as DD and DH), so that will be another selling point.

Spring in Europe is great. I think summer is so hot and crowded. DD's first trip there was during spring break and it was definitely better than the trips I had taken over summer vacations. Since you need 4 seats I think it's good that you're open to seeing which flights have award seats open. We generally need 3 and sometimes I can only find 2, so we try to be flexible. Good luck with the planning. I think it sounds like a wonderful trip.

Yes, we are definitely off-season kinda people. Martha's Vineyard, Disney, Europe - we will choose cold/iffy weather over crowds every time. Also, my teen wants to work in the summer and the place she works expects her to stick around for the whole season with minimal time off, so its tough to tear her away for summer travel. Unfortunately, spring break often coincides with quarter-end for me at work, which makes it a little tough to get away. The dates in 2020 are looking pretty good, so I'm hopeful I can get my new boss to okay the trip. And if not? We will figure out some other cool trip to blow United miles on :rotfl:

Yes, when I log in it still shows my appointment being Thursday late morning. There are options to cancel or reschedule. So on yours it actually showed no appointment date and time set until you went in and rescheduled?
Nope, mine was gone. I see your later post that you talked with someone. Apparently Chicago office is not so nice and just cancelled mine without notification.

I'm starting to plan my first big redemption trip for the summer of 2020 - for you spreadsheet lovers out there, any suggested formats/fields? I've got one started, with tabs for hotel/airfare/tickets/food/etc, and columns for cash rate, UR redemption value, discounted GC value, etc. I know I'm missing some good stuff though!

We leave for the airport in T-19 hours people!!!!! :scared::hyper:. I get terrible anxiety about two days before a trip thinking of ridiculous and obscure things that I *need* to do/pack/accomplish before I leave(but in actuality could not do and be totally fine). Once we are past security at the airport I calm down because it's done--there's no going back!

The weather looks at least marginally better than it did a few days ago. It seriously changes every five minutes. We are there from Wednesday to Tues. So far the highs are between 62-79 with lows between 44-68 :cold: . Such a wide range but I do think I need to remove some shorts and replace them with jeans. :charac2: I told my friends we would just need to go back when it's warm :teeth:. I am thinking October if a better plan doesn't pop up before then...

I'd avoid Oct if I were you. Funny thing is, that is when I used to tell people to go. Funny how things change so much at wdw!

new incoming hyatt app changes from a facebook group...

UNRnhQ8.jpg

Sounds alot like the Hilton app, which I love. I was shocked when we stayed marriott near my parent's house and had to go to the desk to check in and out. We haven't done that in forever at a hilton property. Glad more chains are getting onboard with the tech.

You won't be able to use the TSA Pre lane without TSA Pre printed on your boarding pass. Your GE card won't help. You can call JetBlue and ask them to make sure your trusted traveler number is on your reservation and then re-issue the boarding pass.

If Pre-check is not on your boarding pass, TSA will probably send you to line up with the plebs. See if you can call JetBlue’s customer service to add your known traveler number.

Call JetBlue and ask them to add it and reprint your ticket. I had mine not appear on SW flights and have called and got it fixed. (Hoping JB works the same.)

It may be different if you're checked-in, but I've been able to add a KTN to a JetBlue itinerary from the JetBlue app.

Thanks all (somehow missed these comments before replying to @Lain).

So I called JetBlue, they had my KTN in my account, and although my JetBlue account has my middle name included, my JetBlue reservation didn't (huh?). My middle name is on my Global Entry, so since it didn't match the reservation name it didn't go through. He changed the name on the reservation and said to uncheck myself in and retry in half an hour or more. Fingers crossed it works when I check in again. Flight is at 9:30 tomorrow morning, so not much time to get it straightened out.

So I called JetBlue, they had my KTN in my account, and although my JetBlue account has my middle name included, my JetBlue reservation didn't (huh?). My middle name is on my Global Entry, so since it didn't match the reservation name it didn't go through. He changed the name on the reservation and said to uncheck myself in and retry in half an hour or more. Fingers crossed it works when I check in again. Flight is at 9:30 tomorrow morning, so not much time to get it straightened out.

I don't know why, but DH always has problems with Southwest not applying his KTN correctly and often has to call to get them to put pre-check on his boarding pass. We've always been able to get it sorted out the night before.

Can I ask why you went "incognito" mode? I got an e-mail from Plastiq this morning saying the payment I made yesterday was being reviewed and asked me to send a copy of the invoice or some other silly information about the business (the chiropractor for dd's horse -- don't even ask why the horse has a chiro o_O). I am thinking I'll just send a check as I'm not going through such nonsense to have them charge me 2% or whatever they charge. It loses it's convenience factor when they want me to take time out of my work day and scan and e-mail info! Which is a long-winded way of saying what is incognito mode!
They asked me for that one time and I basically replied with the same response you just stated. This is supposed to be a convenient service and these requests defeat the purpose.
Then they pushed the payment through without the requested info.

I'm still looking for some of our great folks here to help add detail to our DISchurners WDW post: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/ai6lq0/dischurners_walt_disney_world_tips/

Those of you who are in the know on Priceline and that stuff - could you make some comments here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/ai6lq0/dischurners_walt_disney_world_tips/eeljau3/

Anybody who has rented DVC points - any chance you can add some thoughts here (especially on how you paid and any way to earn points paying for these...): https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/ai6lq0/dischurners_walt_disney_world_tips/eelj7ok/

Swan and Dolphin fans - maybe some comments on redeeming for that: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/ai6lq0/dischurners_walt_disney_world_tips/eelj7zw/

Thanks guys, hoping that post can be a lot less of ME talking and a lot of our great folks here commenting with personal DPs and recommendations :D
I can help update the priceline stuff later tonight. Little lady just woke up from her nap.

I priced it for late Dec...18-22 and it is outrageous. I realize it is rack rates but still outrageous considering the location, especially. Geez. Well good news is the 1 bedrooms sleep 5. Small victories.
I think its insane that the 2 person room costs as much as it does and it only has a murphy bed in the room. I love WDW and don't pay rack rate, but that room category really shocked me a little :eek:

Instant approval for SW biz for me today! DH has his 60,000 points in his account as of this week and his SW personal card was approved last week and is on the way. We are on our way for 2 CPs this year and maybe Hawaii for Christmas? I am thinking Kauai for 10 days sounds magical.

I'd avoid Oct if I were you. Funny thing is, that is when I used to tell people to go. Funny how things change so much at wdw!
I second this. We did October for the first time last year and we won’t do it again. Mnsshp was a one time thing for us. While fun, it was still way crowded and made the other mk days insane. Epcot was a nightmare with f&w

Still catching up... don't think it is lost cause to enter itemized deductions even if you cant surpass federal standard deduction. You can still benefit for state if you live somewhere with income tax

Unfortunately in Virginia, if you don't itemize on the Federal return, you can't itemize on the State return. :sad1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter