I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t close any Amex card that hasn’t been open for at least a year. It’s not just the clawback that you need to worry about. Amex has been using closures of cards less than a year old as a basis of denying welcome bonuses on new cards.
I am assuming open one year means when the next AF hits, and not when the card was actually open and first used?
I think it's best to just let this one go to denial right now.

I am assuming open one year means when the next AF hits, and not when the card was actually open and first used?
I think it's best to just let this one go to denial right now.

What are your Amex cards? Remember, charge cards don’t count towards the 5 credit card limit.

The message you got is usually verification.

Okay for those of y'all who have been receiving Amex pop ups while I carry on my love affair with the GOLD...karma has bitten me. I lost my beloved and no longer issued in pink card in my car...the dealer can't try to find it until MONDAY. :sad::sad::sad: I'm pretty sure it's in the console stuck behind or between the slide-y thing since I can't easily open or close the slide-y thing (cut myself actually trying and bled all over the seats) ANNNNND....I've done this before with my driver's license (clearly I haven't learned to not put any card on top of the slide-y thing). Last time it cost about $250 to dig out my license, to add insult to injury (injuries).

I'll pay for the service with my BBP and fortunately still have $500 left on my 5% back Discover It (really 10% since it's the first year) so I can buy a Publix gift card but no eating out for a week:scared1:. I'm hoping it will still work once they pry it out!

Oh no! I've done something similar but with my engagement ring (way back when I didn't have the wedding ring to anchor it a bit). It went into the gear thingy... DH finally got it out - took him a few hours and we were both extra late to work that day. I refused to drive it with my ring somewhere in there and we only had the one car back then. Ah, memories... I hope you can get your card out soon and that it's not somewhere that would make you worry about driving.

She certainly wouldn't be able to go in the fall as she would just be starting college then. So, would need to go for at least a semester. She was excited when I told her she would be able to apply but she also is considering Studying abroad one semester also. So, she will need to think this through. Thanks for all the good info!!

Yeah, it's complicated, and hard to squeeze everything into those 4 years. My DD didn't have time for CP, and also didn't get to study abroad because of her choice of programs. She could have dropped one and gone away, but decided she would just try to travel more instead. Her college won't accept CC classes for credit, and her major department is picky with study abroad programs. I hope your DD gets to do what she wants.

We leave for the airport in T-19 hours people!!!!! :scared::hyper:. I get terrible anxiety about two days before a trip thinking of ridiculous and obscure things that I *need* to do/pack/accomplish before I leave(but in actuality could not do and be totally fine). Once we are past security at the airport I calm down because it's done--there's no going back!

This happens to me pretty much every trip, and I start asking myself why I even booked it in the first place.

Well, I went online to request a new card the estimated date of arrival is...Monday. Thanks for letting me know I can request it in the most awesome color for a card ever!

Yay! So glad you can get it in PINK, and that you can go out to eat sooner. :)

I hear that! I keep having to stay centered on needing 4 award seats on the days that work for us. So I'm working hard not to get bogged down with trying to achieve travel perfection. I think Austrian is one of the options on our return trip. Also trying not to get too wedded to a particular carrier or route when I'm still months away from being able to book! Your trip sounds amazing. Our kids haven't done much travel in Europe, so we are trying to pick cities that DH and I haven't seen, but that would appeal to our kids.

Spring in Europe is great. I think summer is so hot and crowded. DD's first trip there was during spring break and it was definitely better than the trips I had taken over summer vacations. Since you need 4 seats I think it's good that you're open to seeing which flights have award seats open. We generally need 3 and sometimes I can only find 2, so we try to be flexible. Good luck with the planning. I think it sounds like a wonderful trip.

I’m taking my first flight since getting global entry tomorrow morning on JetBlue. When I booked, I didn’t have my KTN so I added it later. I checked in today online and don’t see any mention of Pre-check on the e-boarding pass. So does this mean I can’t go through the Pre-check line? Does the Global Entry card help me at all? Thanks for any advice/experience.

You won't be able to use the TSA Pre lane without TSA Pre printed on your boarding pass. Your GE card won't help. You can call JetBlue and ask them to make sure your trusted traveler number is on your reservation and then re-issue the boarding pass.

I’m taking my first flight since getting global entry tomorrow morning on JetBlue. When I booked, I didn’t have my KTN so I added it later. I checked in today online and don’t see any mention of Pre-check on the e-boarding pass. So does this mean I can’t go through the Pre-check line? Does the Global Entry card help me at all? Thanks for any advice/experience.

If Pre-check is not on your boarding pass, TSA will probably send you to line up with the plebs. See if you can call JetBlue’s customer service to add your known traveler number.

Call JetBlue and ask them to add it and reprint your ticket. I had mine not appear on SW flights and have called and got it fixed. (Hoping JB works the same.)

Thanks for the reply @Lain That’s what I figured, but was hoping maybe having the physical global entry card might get me some Pre-check respect. I will definitely try to connect with JetBlue between now and tomorrow am.

Thanks for the reply @Lain That’s what I figured, but was hoping maybe having the physical global entry card might get me some Pre-check respect. I will definitely try to connect with JetBlue between now and tomorrow am.
It may be different if you're checked-in, but I've been able to add a KTN to a JetBlue itinerary from the JetBlue app.

My SW Biz and Priority MSR bonus points posted over the last couple days - Companion Pass sorted - 27,000 points recovered from upcoming flights. :woohoo:

DP: for those keeping track of such things - My SW Priority bonus was from the Reddit link to the in-flight offer. I did not call to verify, but points are in the bag. :thumbsup2

Well... I was without MSR for about 4 weeks. It felt OK for the first 2 weeks, then I started feeling like my spend was not being valuable enough. I applied for the Barclay Arrival last Friday and was a little worried when I didn't get instant approval. I got an email today that my card is on it's way. :)

My SW Biz and Priority MSR bonus points posted over the last couple days - Companion Pass sorted - 27,000 points recovered from upcoming flights. :woohoo:

DP: for those keeping track of such things - My SW Priority bonus was from the Reddit link to the in-flight offer. I did not call to verify, but points are in the bag. :thumbsup2
What an awesome DP of those “in flight” links. :)

@amalone1013 or anyone else who uses MCGC on Plastiq, is there a trick to it? I just purchased two of the fee free MC's at Staples with DH's CIC, which didn't track on RMN by the way. I want to use them on Plastiq but I thought I remember there being an issue with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter