I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like so much fun, I'll be in both of those cities this summer with DD and DM. I'll be flying Austrian Air from Krakow to Vienna to Chicago- it was either that or LOT Polish and I decided Austrian sounded a wee bit better. I get so far in the weeds when I read trip reports (and check out seatguru) I have to remind myself that any business seat is better than economy, especially long haul!

I hear that! I keep having to stay centered on needing 4 award seats on the days that work for us. So I'm working hard not to get bogged down with trying to achieve travel perfection. I think Austrian is one of the options on our return trip. Also trying not to get too wedded to a particular carrier or route when I'm still months away from being able to book! Your trip sounds amazing. Our kids haven't done much travel in Europe, so we are trying to pick cities that DH and I haven't seen, but that would appeal to our kids.

If there are any Plated meal kit subscribers out there, there is a new Amex offer for $15 off $50. Happily I had it on 4 cards (my Plat, each of my kid's AU Plats and DH's Biz Green).

This made me smile. This sign was posted on the outside of an office door at Stanford Law School that I used to pass every day on my way into the school from the parking lot I used. For some reason, it just tickled me, and I have remembered it ever since.
First time I saw it was on Castaway Cay (Disney’s private island). Not sure why but I think it’s hysterical.

On a whim decided to go for the BBP. Didn't get the popup, but got this instead. I don't think I like this, thinking I will just let it get denied rather than calling, since I have a "business" and already have 5 Biz cards with them.

"To process your application we need some additional information about you, and if applicable, the other business owners of your company."

It’s very likely verification. You should have gotten a 1-800 to call in. Amex verification is pretty easy so don’t sweat it.

On a whim decided to go for the BBP. Didn't get the popup, but got this instead. I don't think I like this, thinking I will just let it get denied rather than calling, since I have a "business" and already have 5 Biz cards with them.

"To process your application we need some additional information about you, and if applicable, the other business owners of your company."

BBP is a credit card. Do u have 5 credit cards opened with them now? quite possibly why u might get additional info?

BBP is a credit card. Do u have 5 credit cards opened with them now? quite possibly why u might get additional info?

Oh, maybe.

That was my first thought-do you already have 5 credit (not charge) cards? I've done this a couple of times and the rep and I go through my credit cards and I decide which one to drop. Hopefully this will be the same for you and you have one you don't mind culling.

I hear that! I keep having to stay centered on needing 4 award seats on the days that work for us. So I'm working hard not to get bogged down with trying to achieve travel perfection. I think Austrian is one of the options on our return trip. Also trying not to get too wedded to a particular carrier or route when I'm still months away from being able to book! Your trip sounds amazing. Our kids haven't done much travel in Europe, so we are trying to pick cities that DH and I haven't seen, but that would appeal to our kids.

Your trip sounds like fun and I think going during spring break is so clever! Summer is hot, winter holidays are cold, spring break should be nice. My DD has actually been to cities and countries that I haven't since she's been traveling without me so much so I'm just happy to have some time with her. If you like coffee, apparently Austrian has a whole coffee menu. I wish I liked coffee...:coffee:

Yeah, that's what I thought. I should have thought this through better LOL. My first charge on my SPG Biz was made on 1/17/18, but I haven't been hit with the AF yet.

@Lain might confirm but i think its just MR cards we shouldnt close? i dont think they can clawback SPG points.

edit: yeah, dont listen to me, listen to @Lain below.

Last edited:
FAD26BDA-46C8-4861-B44A-B9006300A8B2.jpeg
What rewards would you be capitalizing on? There typically isn’t a good reason to apply for more than one card at a time these days. You could get a CIP and then once you hit the $5k get another card (that should help you space out applications by a couple months).

If you do apply please consider supporting a DISer by using a link on DISchurners. :)

@SouthFayetteFan Thank you for your help regarding the CIP card. I applied today and was immediately approved.

@Lain might confirm but i think its just MR cards we shouldnt close? i dont think they can clawback SPG points.

Don’t close any Amex card that hasn’t been open for at least a year. It’s not just the clawback that you need to worry about. Amex has been using closures of cards less than a year old as a basis of denying welcome bonuses on new cards.

Not caught up yet but yes, that was me! I got the card in the fall, added one employee, met the spends and got the $200 bonuses. No, it didn't count against 5/24. One mistake I made was not redeeming the $400 soon enough so ended up paying the full balance and having to spend $400 more to get the credit. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the confirmation....and letting me know it’s not an automatic $200 credit once you spend $1,000

I’m taking my first flight since getting global entry tomorrow morning on JetBlue. When I booked, I didn’t have my KTN so I added it later. I checked in today online and don’t see any mention of Pre-check on the e-boarding pass. So does this mean I can’t go through the Pre-check line? Does the Global Entry card help me at all? Thanks for any advice/experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter