• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney+ is worth it for me right now with The Imagineering Story. My husband has even got into it after being ambivalent at first.

Mandalorian is fine. I like that it is more authentic feeling and not all CGI. Although we have waited to watch with the girls and it is hard to understand what is even happening because the three girls the entire time are "what about Baby Yoda?" "Is Baby Yoda going to be okay?" "I just need to hold Baby Yoda." So we are trying to watch it but the interruptions every twenty seconds over the health and welfare of Baby Yoda is making it a little difficult. :)
I can relate to your girls. That’s my only concern as well lol!

Imagineering Story is my fav!

:wave2:

Checking in (finally) again after a somewhat lengthy absence. Life got in the way between a wedding (I’ve always referred to DH as DH before we made it official after 9 years :)), work (DIS is now restricted grrrr), and a few other family issues.

I had been following along, but just lurking until I could catch up from 200 pages back at one point. Drops and drops make oceans, and now I’ve fibally caught up! Felt like I was living a few days behind everyone else each time I made attempts to catch up...”oh that deal!...5 days ago...” lol.

I fell behind here, but was very much active with CCs and GCs. We had a small wedding, but it still put a nice dent in MSRs and category bonuses (I.e. Thanks Amex for the 4x MR on my Cap Grille bill and the extra +1 MR AND 10% back (capped at $100, but still :D)!)

I got a retention on my Brilliant (20k Marriott points for $2k), then downgraded the card recently. I tried to double dip the $300 credit a la @Lain, but the Courtyard I got my GC at previously no longer had them, and time was ticking as far as my pro-rata AF. I did use up $60 during a recent Philly trip, so got a little value out of it. And, used the TSA credit for mom before downgrading.

Should be time for a retention call for my Rose gold, but that is a keeper regardless. Trying to maximize GC deals this month before a January runDisney trip with mom! It’s her first trip since we were kids! Have also been scooping up restaurant GC deals like @wendow since I know we will use them at the point. But, the wallet is def feeling lighter these last 4 months...

:welcome:BACK!

I missed seeing you around here!

Congratulations on the wedding!

I'm probably being over cautious, but anyone else have second thoughts about enrolling in Rakuten's program with AMEX to receive MRs? I don't love the idea of giving them my AMEX password and usually draw the line at that, but this one is tempting.

I know @mmmears and her DH had the same concerns.

I signed up for the MR earning version of Ebates without a second thought. With a Schwab Plat, you’re getting at least a 1.25x bonus over the cash back %s. Now my concern is if someone gets shut down by Amex, what happens to their Ebates earnings that haven’t paid out? You probably forfeit them, because I doubt Ebates is able to covert MR earned to date to cash, like how you’re able to covert a cash back earning account to earn MR but not the pending cash back to MR.

Last edited:

I'm probably being over cautious, but anyone else have second thoughts about enrolling in Rakuten's program with AMEX to receive MRs? I don't love the idea of giving them my AMEX password and usually draw the line at that, but this one is tempting.

I did it when they first offered it last year. I guess I figured I could change my password if I was worried about it. I haven't had any problems and the accumulation of MR's is really nice.

I signed up for the MR earning version of Ebates without a second thought. With a Schwab Plat, you’re getting at least a 1.25x bonus over the cash back %s. Now my concern is if someone gets shut down by Amex, what happens to their Ebates earnings that haven’t paid out? You probably forfeit them, because I doubt Ebates is able to covert MR earned to date to cash, like how you’re able to covert a cash back earning account to earn MR but not the pending cash back to MR.

I‘ve been earning MRs thru Ebates/Rakuten since they first offered this option for new accounts months ago, and it has been an MR earning cow. It’s pretty much the only shopping portal I use now since their earnings rates always seem to be the best for the stores/sites I shop. No issues at all in terms of security so far.

DH refused the give them the password. I agree it's not a good idea. He tried to make an account later on (maybe 2 months ago) and didn't need to give them our Amex log in. There's no reason they need it.

ETA - So you can do it without giving them access to all of your accounts.

Last edited:
DH refused the give them the password. I agree it's not a good idea. He tried to make an account later on (maybe 2 months ago) and didn't need to give them our Amex log in. There's no reason they need it.

Wait. So did he open an Ebates/Rakuten MR earning account without giving up his password? How? I haven't opened one for DH for the same security concerns, I've just been using my regular cash back Ebates account, but I'd like to have a MR earning one.

I need some Target advice. We were going to use our 20% coupon on the glider chair my parents plan to buy us (so they don’t have to spend as much). But I kind of want to use it with the 10% off gcs. I’m not sure what to do because I know they mentioned using their discover to buy the chair for cashback so it’s not like we could buy it with the discounted gc and them pay us back.
Imho spend the coupon yourself and let your parents purchase the chair how they wish. They already know the price on it and they’ve offered to cover it. I’m sure you’ll be able to make use of the gift cards + coupon yourself.

Imho spend the coupon yourself and let your parents purchase the chair how they wish. They already know the price on it and they’ve offered to cover it. I’m sure you’ll be able to make use of the gift cards + coupon yourself.
I already told them about the coupon. They’ve known about it for a little while and were already planning on using it. The chair is $300 and I don’t want them spending that kind of money on us. The 20% helps a lot. My dad said he’ll buy a gc on Sunday online with the 10% using his discover. We convinced them to get discover cards this year so he’ll get double cashback from shopping at target.

That's the same limit my DH got on his card approved last month. I put a $5000 charge on the card, the SUB has already posted, he's got his points and I got my points. I did make sure to make a $95 payment before 12/1 to make sure I didn't exceed the $5000 limit to account for the $95 AF that would post on that day. Do you have plans to hit another cc soon, is that why you're questioning the debt/credit ratio?
Same with my DH. Card didn’t arrive yet, but I plan to put $5000 on it as soon as it does - I have a tuition bill. So, I really don’t mind that it’s not a higher CL. When does the $95 AF hit? Right after the first statement closes?

Same with my DH. Card didn’t arrive yet, but I plan to put $5000 on it as soon as it does - I have a tuition bill. So, I really don’t mind that it’s not a higher CL. When does the $95 AF hit? Right after the first statement closes?
My dh AF was there when I logged on to activate his card after it arrived expedited.

We’re being too good- how about some off topic? 🤣

Anyone catch this Disney lawsuit story today? I just need to do a sanity check... if bugs were in your food would you EVER go back to that restaurant? Because 100% I wouldn’t. (Unless I’d ordered bugs obviously but last I knew they’re not on the Poly Oasis menu 😂 )

I did it when they first offered it last year. I guess I figured I could change my password if I was worried about it. I haven't had any problems and the accumulation of MR's is really nice.
I know @mmmears and her DH had the same concerns.

I‘ve been earning MRs thru Ebates/Rakuten since they first offered this option for new accounts months ago, and it has been an MR earning cow. It’s pretty much the only shopping portal I use now since their earnings rates always seem to be the best for the stores/sites I shop. No issues at all in terms of security so far.
Thanks you guys for the feedback. It's good to know that no one has had any issues.

Wait. So did he open an Ebates/Rakuten MR earning account without giving up his password? How? I haven't opened one for DH for the same security concerns, I've just been using my regular cash back Ebates account, but I'd like to have a MR earning one.
@platamama beat me to the question! How did he do it without giving them the login? I didn't see a way around it. I agree that it doesn't seem as if they should need it. If Chase and Amex can transfer currency into airline programs without passwords, it should work the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter