I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those offers were possibly setup to do an A/B test over some changes to the CSR and the addition of some other premium annual credits of some sort (ie compare which offer consumers preferred). I’m thinking it’s largely nothing at this point but of course could turn into something at any time.

I was mulling this over more and wouldn’t that mean that it is now GLARINGLY obvious anyone with the higher AF used a manipulated link?

No personal experience but you can transfer points between the two online.
https://milenomics.com/2018/04/why-and-how-transfering-wells-fargo-rewards-between-accounts/
That's from last year but there's still an online option, might just look different. Also looks like there's some kind of bonus when redeeming the Business rewards online. Little vague on how that pays out but almost seems like a 1.1 value maybe? But with no experience don't know what the options look like to know which direction is better to transfer to.

@gottalovepluto didn't you get this card? And a Propel? How do the redemptions compare?
@miztressuz, Thanks for the link. Looking at it, it seems like what we want to do will work. We currently have the Wells Fargo Visa Signature card which does give the 1.75cpp redemption value for airfare. Reading the info in the link, the author was unsure if the "Wells Fargo Business card resets the 15 month clock for Wells Fargo Personal cards. This is relevant for someone going for the Propel card." We were both also looking to possibly get the Propel for an additional 30,000 reward points each and were wondering about that 15 month language. Not sure if that applies to all Wells Fargo cards,(Business and Personal), or just the personal. Hope to get a more clear answer on the personal card bonus info.

Thanks again!

@SouthFayetteFan what do you think of the CSR with $550 AF people are reporting

I think Chase is looking over at Amex charging a $550 AF on their Platinum cards and a $595 AF on their Business Platinum card, with rumors Amex is working on an even higher end card likely with an AF to match, and wondering whether they can get away with charging the same.

DoC ran a rumor a while back that Chase is considering adding a dining/delivery credit to the CSR, similar to how the Platinum has monthly Uber/UberEats credits and the Gold has monthly Cheesecake Factory/Grubhub/Shake Shack/etc. credits. On paper, these credits seemed to justify Amex’s increase in AFs on the Platinum and Gold — you get $200 in Uber credits/year on the Platinum and $120 in credits at select merchants/year on the Gold. But these credits are divvied up month-by-month making them difficult to use, which is the idea. You need to figure out how to use $15 in Uber credits most months ($35 in December) and $10 in dining credits every month — which is often barely enough for a ride (if you ride Uber at all) or a meal (not to mention all the tacked on fees!), so you may end up spending a bit more than what the credit covers, or else you’re leaving money on the table. Look at some of Amex’s other credits — $50 at Saks on the Plat, divvied up between January-June and July-December; same with the Biz Plat’s $100 twice a year Dell credit. Often, you have to go out of your way to use them. Amex wants you to either spend more money than the value of the credit at their partner merchants, or just don’t use the credit because it’s too hard to figure out or you forget about it.

Amex is counting on this breakage. I really hope Chase doesn’t mess with a good thing because the $300 annual travel credit is easy to understand and use, and that’s why they could sell a $450 AF card like the CSR since you’ll be getting back $300 on travel expenses you’re going to spend on anyway.

@miztressuz, Thanks for the link. Looking at it, it seems like what we want to do will work. We currently have the Wells Fargo Visa Signature card which does give the 1.75cpp redemption value for airfare. Reading the info in the link, the author was unsure if the "Wells Fargo Business card resets the 15 month clock for Wells Fargo Personal cards. This is relevant for someone going for the Propel card." We were both also looking to possibly get the Propel for an additional 30,000 reward points each and were wondering about that 15 month language. Not sure if that applies to all Wells Fargo cards,(Business and Personal), or just the personal. Hope to get a more clear answer on the personal card bonus info.

Thanks again!
Yeah, the downside to old articles, but it was what I could find with the actual transfer process. I thought it was confirmed that personal and biz stuff were on separate timelines but don't remember where I might have seen it.

Wow. That was a great ccard policy. Does anyone offer that anymore?

The Amex Platinum still extends manufacturer’s warranty by 2 years currently; but dropping to 1 additional year in 2020 along with the other benefits changes. Of course, you need to keep your Plat open if you expect to need to make a claim. I believe most of Amex’s premium cards offer some form of extended warranty. The no fee consumer cards will be losing this benefit in 2020.

The Amex Platinum still extends manufacturer’s warranty by 2 years currently; but dropping to 1 additional year in 2020 along with the other benefits changes. Of course, you need to keep your Plat open if you expect to need to make a claim. I believe most of Amex’s premium cards offer some form of extended warranty. The no fee consumer cards will be losing this benefit in 2020.
This only works for what is included with the device, right? Say I buy AppleCare for 2 years on an iPhone, it wouldn't add to that additional insurance and give me 2 years AppleCare + 2/1(2020) from Amex?

Hope your DD feels better! This is definitely an early start for you. You'll need an afternoon nap in your basement recliner.
@SouthFayetteFan Hope your dd feels better today and you catch a nap today!

I wasn’t up with a sick kiddo but I looked at my schedule for today and I’m pretty sure the stars aligned for me to grab a nap. Yay! Makes me happy 😃
Oh there was no way I was staying up at 4:30. I just rolled the alarm back to 10am 🤣

I’m feeling great. Rolled out of bed; dressed quickly and off to a coffee meeting with a prospect.

The sad part for me is she’ll miss basketball practice tonight yet I still have to go since I’m asst coach. This is the 2nd time it happened already this season and I’m a little frustrated by it. I volunteered to spend time with her and instead I’m just coaching a bunch of rando kids lol.

Also wanted to say so happy for you @pinkxray; sorry I’m late to the ballgame with that.

Approved for my citi AA biz on 11/11. Still haven't even gotten the 'just messin with your head' paperwork. Should I be concerned??

This only works for what is included with the device, right? Say I buy AppleCare for 2 years on an iPhone, it wouldn't add to that additional insurance and give me 2 years AppleCare + 2/1(2020) from Amex?

Yeah, that’s my understanding.

Last edited:
They are no longer owned by the same company. Olive Garden is owned by Darden; Red Lobster by Golden Gate Capital. They only GCs accepted at both places are old ones which have both OG and RL logos.
[/QUOTE]

Really... Good to know. Had no idea they were not the same company anymore.

Oh there was no way I was staying up at 4:30. I just rolled the alarm back to 10am 🤣

I’m feeling great. Rolled out of bed; dressed quickly and off to a coffee meeting with a prospect.

The sad part for me is she’ll miss basketball practice tonight yet I still have to go since I’m asst coach. This is the 2nd time it happened already this season and I’m a little frustrated by it. I volunteered to spend time with her and instead I’m just coaching a bunch of rando kids lol.

Also wanted to say so happy for you @pinkxray; sorry I’m late to the ballgame with that.
Who am I kidding... I'll probably take a nap anyways this afternoon 🤣 😂

In the moment you ARE coaching a bunch of random kids. In the future your daughter WILL remember the time you invested. Keep up the awesome job! Forty (cough,cough) years later, I still remember my father came to EVERY track meet I had. (And it may have brought tears to my eyes, 40 years ago dad's weren't as progressive as they are now - especially if it was girls sports.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter