I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the moment you ARE coaching a bunch of random kids. In the future your daughter WILL remember the time you invested. Keep up the awesome job! Forty (cough,cough) years later, I still remember my father came to EVERY track meet I had. (And it may have brought tears to my eyes, 40 years ago dad's weren't as progressive as they are now.)
Thank you - I appreciate those kind words! I do also rather enjoy working with the other kids too so I guess I'm more frustrated at her for getting sick and missing than I am for having to go alone, lol. But that felt a little heartless to upset for a kid for getting sick...... 🤣

I take that back. Several results on google say Amex extends AppleCare as well. So you’d get 1 year Apple warranty + 2 years AppleCare + 1 or 2 years Amex extended warranty.
Thanks, this is great to hear. Maybe I will keep the plat another year!?

The Costco Citi still has 2 years extended warranty. That's what we put our appliances on. Not likely we'd ever cancel the card, so don't have to worry about that. Though it'd only make sense if you already have the card. Don't get it just for the free chicken or cooler, lol.
OMG, its still on the electronics page. Definitely getting the laptop here. 4 year warranty!

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 2.21.12 PM.png

Usually, manufacturer warranties are for 1 year, so that would be 1 + 2 + 2 = 5-year warranty.
Even better! I am conditioned by Apple with Apple Care that starts day 1 rather than extends. 🤣 I wonder how many people are actually cashing in on these 5 year warranties? No way half the laptops they sell last that long 🤣

Just wanted to give you all a quick update.

As some of you know, on Oct 30 I was diagnosed with a rare stage 2 liver cancer. Surgery was recommended as well as meeting with the transplant team about a possible transplant if surgery failed. I have had every test possible in the last few weeks.
However, when my case was present to the tumor board at the major hospital the pathologist didn’t agree with the findings of the biopsy. I’ve been waiting on pins and needles and finally heard back after they redid the pathology.
pathology came back as not cancer. I still have a benign tumor that I will need to have a procedure to stop blood flow to stop growth but no surgery and no transplant.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this tough time. I will be closely monitored and still need to have the procedure but my surgeon said to enjoy the holidays and we will worry about all that in a few weeks.

He also said go to Disney! Enjoy your trip!

Great to hear. Enjoy your trip!

Newbie question! If I add DH as a Gold AU to my Platinum card does that add to his x/24 status, and does it prevent him from getting a SUB on his own Gold card someday? I’m simply looking to utilize the Global Entry credit for him. Also is 13 the age to add AU?
Thanks guys 😊

Yes, it's 15k every calendar year to earn the weekend night. I only did it this year because I got the card this year, so I already had to spend 5k on it, plus I had a LOT of expenses this summer and fall due to building an addition on my house and medical expenses. I don't plan on doing it again next year, for me the 15k will be better spent on other cards.

Okay so I was reading it right. Well good for you for getting the free night. I got my SUB so I will be content with that.

Newbie question! If I add DH as a Gold AU to my Platinum card does that add to his x/24 status, and does it prevent him from getting a SUB on his own Gold card someday? I’m simply looking to utilize the Global Entry credit for him. Also is 13 the age to add AU?
Thanks guys 😊

Yes, at least 13 for Amex AU.

Other options to get Global Entry - Biz Plat (100k MR call-in, will not add to x/24), Capital One Venture (50k points, no first year AF, will add to x/24).

ETA: forgot to add CSR. That's how my family of 4 all got it - CSR/Plat/Biz Plat/Venture. :)

@IFlossU it will add to his X/24 if you officially add him. It will not block a Gold SUB. There id a strategy around officially adding someone as an AU, but with Amex these days it seems like fire so I’m not gonna be the one to tell you about it lol
Thank you. I believe I know what you’re referring to, and yeah, not worth taking the risk for me.

Yes, at least 13 for Amex AU.

Other options to get Global Entry - Biz Plat (100k MR call-in, will not add to x/24), Capital One Venture (50k points, no first year AF, will add to x/24).
Awesome! Thank you for the other card options! Appreciate that. I’ll be able to add DS in 7 months. Security seems to stress out my kids when flying. TSA pre-check would be one less thing to worry about.

It pays to read carefully. I looked at my new Key Bank account and see two direct deposits of $250 each (total $500). Thinking good now my bonus should post. I go back and read - need a single $500 deposit for bonus and 500 per month to keep fee free. EEK, just scheduled a push from Ally. Hopefully it will code as DD. I still have 30 more days so should be ok.

Even better! I am conditioned by Apple with Apple Care that starts day 1 rather than extends. 🤣 I wonder how many people are actually cashing in on these 5 year warranties? No way half the laptops they sell last that long 🤣

The ones I've purchased have. I get tired of the laptop before it actually dies. Not sure it's 5 years - I read it as Costco extends the original warranty from 1 to 2 years, then Citi does 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter