I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to give you all a quick update.

As some of you know, on Oct 30 I was diagnosed with a rare stage 2 liver cancer. Surgery was recommended as well as meeting with the transplant team about a possible transplant if surgery failed. I have had every test possible in the last few weeks.
However, when my case was present to the tumor board at the major hospital the pathologist didn’t agree with the findings of the biopsy. I’ve been waiting on pins and needles and finally heard back after they redid the pathology.
pathology came back as not cancer. I still have a benign tumor that I will need to have a procedure to stop blood flow to stop growth but no surgery and no transplant.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this tough time. I will be closely monitored and still need to have the procedure but my surgeon said to enjoy the holidays and we will worry about all that in a few weeks.

He also said go to Disney! Enjoy your trip!
That is great news!!!

Since everyone is so Mac smart here, I have an old ancient IMAC, maybe 2002ish? Anyway, it hasn't been used in forever but ALL of my pictures are on there. I can't figure out how to get them off. I went through about 3 years ago and thought I put them all on an external drive. But when I went to look at the pictures a year later there was nothing there. I think it was because I tried to move them in Iphoto form and that didn't work. Anyone know how I can get them? I couldn't even save them to my Shutterfly account because the operating system is so outdated nothing will work. I hope I can still get them. They are all my kids baby pics. Wahhhh I should have been better about backing them up somewhere. Tagging @PolyRob and @CODisFan for help.
Oh, wow, that IS ancient! It’s been a while since I’ve seen the older OS with iPhoto, but I think you can export the photos from iPhoto to the external drive. Make sure the external is formatted for Mac or if not spec’d for a Mac you need to format it using disk utility to FAT32 (just in case you ever want to read it with a Windows pc). Then you should be able to get into iPhoto, select the photos and export (maybe File-Export or iPhoto-Export??). If none of that makes sense or works, holler and I can do some research. My memory tends to move on with the new OSs :oops:

Can anyone tell me what "Restrictive" means when booking Disney hotels on the aa vacations site? The resorts all say 1 room left and "restrictive" at this point. I want to book the second part of our August trip today since our miles finally posted but I don't know what this means.
Just wanted to give you all a quick update.

As some of you know, on Oct 30 I was diagnosed with a rare stage 2 liver cancer. Surgery was recommended as well as meeting with the transplant team about a possible transplant if surgery failed. I have had every test possible in the last few weeks.
However, when my case was present to the tumor board at the major hospital the pathologist didn’t agree with the findings of the biopsy. I’ve been waiting on pins and needles and finally heard back after they redid the pathology.
pathology came back as not cancer. I still have a benign tumor that I will need to have a procedure to stop blood flow to stop growth but no surgery and no transplant.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this tough time. I will be closely monitored and still need to have the procedure but my surgeon said to enjoy the holidays and we will worry about all that in a few weeks.

He also said go to Disney! Enjoy your trip!
Great news. So happy for your. Have a great trip!

Oh, wow, that IS ancient! It’s been a while since I’ve seen the older OS with iPhoto, but I think you can export the photos from iPhoto to the external drive. Make sure the external is formatted for Mac or if not spec’d for a Mac you need to format it using disk utility to FAT32 (just in case you ever want to read it with a Windows pc). Then you should be able to get into iPhoto, select the photos and export (maybe File-Export or iPhoto-Export??). If none of that makes sense or works, holler and I can do some research. My memory tends to move on with the new OSs :oops:

Thanks. It makes zero sense to me. lol But I bookmarked it and will show my DH. I told him that was his project to get done before the end of the year. I do need them in non Iphoto form because I do not have a Mac anymore.

I wanted to report a couple of DP's on loading Serve. Monday I loaded $200 at one FD location with no issues, went to another close FD and was denied by the same cashier who had allowed a Serve load a few weeks ago (she said cash only). Yesterday I went to Dollar General and was denied there also (cash only), then successfully loaded $200 at WM at customer service. I still have $600 I need to load. At first I was kind of regretting not buying more than $1k of fee free gc's at Staples last week when I had the chance, but now I'm kind of glad. I think should still be able to load the remaining $600, but it's a good reminder that just because something worked previously doesn't mean it won't change so don't get caught up in FOMO and put yourself in a bad position. :goodvibes

I think I did $3k or $4k w/ this last offer. I've been going between 2 Walmarts. The one told me last week only allowed to do 1 card per load. Yesterday the same Walmart I did 2 loads (one in the line one at the service desk) and both of them I did $400 across 2 cards. So I think it's totally, who you get which day, LOL.

I have the Hilton biz as well so wondering for the free night do you have to meet that spend every year for it? Other words once per year spend for a free night.
Yes, it's 15k every calendar year to earn the weekend night. I only did it this year because I got the card this year, so I already had to spend 5k on it, plus I had a LOT of expenses this summer and fall due to building an addition on my house and medical expenses. I don't plan on doing it again next year, for me the 15k will be better spent on other cards.

@IFlossU his second statement closed yesterday and all his points, including his 60k bonus, is in his Hawaiian account today!
Wow! That was a painfully long wait. I would have been on pins and needles opening the account today to see if the miles were FINALLY there. What a relief to finally have them. Thank you for letting me know. Will be getting myself a biz card in a few months. Unless Barclay gets stingy on me.

Wow! That was a painfully long wait. I would have been on pins and needles opening the account today to see if the miles were FINALLY there. What a relief to finally have them. Thank you for letting me know. Will be getting myself a biz card in a few months. Unless Barclay gets stingy on me.
The first statement was long, took several weeks, the 2nd statement was the next day, so I am quite happy.

I just logged in our payroll to check the sick days I have left for the year....since I didn't get to go to Vegas this week, I'm dying over here. LOL. I found out I have 19.6551724137931 sick days (gotta love school accounting) and 3 personal days. I might need to look at some creative sick days coming up, LOL.

But when I logged in my paycheck for tomorrow is already posted. If you remember I posted a few weeks back about having to borrow from my savings. Well last paycheck I got about $800 more for club sponsor. This paycheck I got $500 for longevity I didn't know was coming, LOL. Funny longevity is 5 years in teaching (I've been teaching 20, but only 5 in this district). I will take it! This month I paid the remainder of my best buy card off. So that's $100 into the budget each month :) I'm smiling know I'm back to having some breathing room. I've not paid back my savings yet. Once I get through one more cycle w/o borrowing I'll start to transfer back the extra to my savings.

I knew that it was just a timing thing more than me suddenly going WAY off the deep end with spending. YAY!

For the $500 Chase business checking account bonus - is anybody planning to meet the 5 qualifying transactions requirement just by doing 5 ACH credits? DH and I both opened one of these accounts and deposited the $2500. I've done 5 pushes from Capital One on my account, and DH has completed 5 pushes from Discover. All of them are listed as ACH credit in the Chase biz account, which the terms of the offer state count as qualifying transactions. But, that seems too easy... anybody NOT doing 5 debit transactions and relying just on the ACH credits?

I need a UR cashout primer...how do I know when calculating what a cash amount would cost in UR? I'm eyeing a hotel room for $206.00....what would that cost me? it's the same across all cards,right? (I have csr) I need to bookmark a calculator for doing this

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter