I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work with a lot of young millennial under 30. Most of them are drowning in debt and still want to go back for a higher degree. I’m glad I went to college when it was cheap. I feel bad for my kids.
There are ways to attend college without graduating with a lot of debt...at least in NYS if you attend a state school.....my daughter did it a few years ago...

But our niece was determined to attend a private out of state school and she just graduated with probably $150,000 in loans...and a $35,000 a year job...

i saw there was an online chat (a screenshot in one of my DVC groups). Probably just as bad but maybe try that in addition?

I found chat via Disney plus on the web. Hit Help, new browser window opens and scroll down to 24 hour live chat. Entering in password just brought up the FAQ on passwords but when I typed in just Pass it pulled up the chat screen. Of course it says wait times are longer than usual...

Question about cardmatch. I'm looking for a card (for a relative, not me) and on the cardmatch site the disclosures keep repeating the word "inquiry" (as in an inquiry will show on your consumer credit report) but what does that mean?

It's a soft inquiry (as opposed to a hard inquiry or pull). I think they show up if you look at your full credit report. I don't think you can see them on Credit Karma. In any case, they don't affect your credit score like hard pulls.

It's a soft inquiry (as opposed to a hard inquiry or pull). I think they show up if you look at your full credit report. I don't think you can see them on Credit Karma. In any case, they don't affect your credit score like hard pulls.

Thanks. I'll have to see if the soft inquiry is worth a possible 50K SUB for the AmEx Personal Gold -- the best I've been able to access through a support link or incognito is 40K.

I found chat via Disney plus on the web. Hit Help, new browser window opens and scroll down to 24 hour live chat. Entering in password just brought up the FAQ on passwords but when I typed in just Pass it pulled up the chat screen. Of course it says wait times are longer than usual...
He has chat pulled up and on hold on the phone. Nobody on either 🤪

I was able to pull it up with DH's Biz Gold support in incognito. Did you try doing both?

I don't have a Biz Gold anymore but I've tried from two other of my cards in incognito. Hesitant to try any more of mine - I'm not sure if that's on the RAT's radar or not (I would think not but who knows). I might have to reset my reddit password so I can try the links there in incognito.

I had a productive churning day yesterday! I drove 3 hours to the new Chase branch that just opened in my state and opened a Chase biz checking account for a $500 bonus. On the way I stopped and Staples (we don’t have one in my city) and picked up $100 in DGC using up my Amex $25 stmt credit for $100 spend and got $1000 in fee-free VGC’s using my CIC. I know that’s small potatoes next to some of you but for me that’s all I was comfortable with 😊 After work today I need to pick up my DGC’s from BB that I bough through RMN to use my Amex save $30 off $300 offer. I’ll hopefully get 12% cash back from RMN, but if not 10% still isn’t bad! I think we have enough for our DVC dues now that will be due in Jan and I can start stocking up on DGC’s for food for our May trip!

nice! That’s awesome. I’ve gotta look into these AMEX offers! Congrats on your successful day churning!

NOT reading your spoilers, but what is your take on the age appropriateness of the series? Looking for something for the whole fam to watch, but concerned about my 2nd grader. All fine with original SW, but we have some hesitation about the newer ones. Thoughts?
I think if you are fine with your children watching the original trilogy, you should be fine with The Mandalorian (so far). IMO there have been more brutal scenes in the OT such as Luke's hand getting chopped off and his aunt and uncle getting burnt to a crisp.

Hope he's getting through. I just saw a post on FB that Disney+ got 10 million subscribers its first day. Not sure of the source but if that's even somewhat close, it might not be surprising that they are overwhelmed.

ETA: While I was typing that, I thought to check what's up with Disney's stock (one of my kids has a bit), and :). So thank you Disney+ subscribers.

I have only one kitty now...I worry sometimes that she's lonely and needs a friend like this...
We had the orange one first and then got the grey one a year later. They hated each other at first. We had to keep them in separate rooms for about a week. They absolutely love each other now. They lay with each other every day and the grey one gives the orange one baths a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter