I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as a new Green cardholder, I got around to looking at Away for what I can get for my $100 credit. Answer is, not much. I just recently got a Motherlode carryon from eBags, so I was expecting prices in that range, but I'm guessing Away must be nicer luggage. Oh well, I do need a new toiletry kit :)

For the eBags experts, does anyone have the Motherlode backpack? I was hoping that it would be one that would work with my carryon by sliding over the carryon handle. Is that how it works?

Were you really born during or after 1981? 🤯
I initially pictured @SouthFayetteFan as older than a millennial as well, until he mentioned he was a millennial in a post a while back. I agree 🤯

Why you seem so old @SouthFayetteFan
? 🤣
I take that as quite the compliment. A couple years ago when we were hashing out who was who on the thread I'd say the vast majority of people thought I was an old retired dude. :D I kinda like being pictured that way.

Don’t judge me lol! I’m fully aware it’s ridiculous. I tend to be pretty frugal but around Christmas we go a little crazy.

No judgment here! I bought them too :) I have a pair of Bose around the ear bluetooth headphones that I love (and that I bought with the Dell credit on my Biz Plat, btw), but they are a little bulky for travel if I'm trying to go light, and I also wanted something I could use with my phone for conference calls on the go, and the Bose are pretty cumbersome for that, lol.

Can we talk about the Mandalorian episode 1 ending?!

I'll call it. Clone Yoda!
NOT reading your spoilers, but what is your take on the age appropriateness of the series? Looking for something for the whole fam to watch, but concerned about my 2nd grader. All fine with original SW, but we have some hesitation about the newer ones. Thoughts?

NOT reading your spoilers, but what is your take on the age appropriateness of the series? Looking for something for the whole fam to watch, but concerned about my 2nd grader. All fine with original SW, but we have some hesitation about the newer ones. Thoughts?
Not the OP, but I think your 2nd grader should be fine. There is a little violence (no more than any other SW movie IMO) and it doesn't show any blood if I'm remembering correctly.

Not the OP, but I think your 2nd grader should be fine. There is a little violence (no more than any other SW movie IMO) and it doesn't show any blood if I'm remembering correctly.

Well, the first episode opens in a cantina with some thugs terrorizing another patron, the Mandalorian comes in like a gunslinger in a spaghetti western, a fight ensues and ends with one of the thugs sliced in half by an iris doorway closing on him.

That’s all in the first 5 minutes. It gets tamer from there.

I like that. I saw the theory that it was Yoda's kid, which is also interesting. It's a cool twist either way. I really enjoyed the first episode.

Jedi aren’t supposed to have kids. Anakin broke the rules, but I’d think Yoda would be one to follow them. Unless he had an offscreen thing going on with Yaddle.

We didn't jump on that D23 offer when it came out, so no Disney+ over here.

**Slinks over to the shun corner now, bringing some organic and healthy snacks and some Hint water with me. I think they will shun me over there when they see what I brought. I'll add in some of the leftover halloween candy that's still here.**

You’re in xennial territory there...

Yeah, I am technically a millennial that also straddles the xennial title having been born before 1985. I can remember when we got our first computer (Texas Instruments) and it used cartridges. Our next computer used 5" floppy disks. We had an ISDN line in our house before most people where on the internet. My brother had me making ASCII art for his BBS way back in the day. And then one day Warcraft came out on PC and it changed my life. I would spend 45 minutes trying to get my modem to connect up with my friend's modem and we would play a whole 15 glorious minutes of Warcraft before someone would pick up the phone, disconnecting our game. Earth-shattering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!