I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only one kitty now...I worry sometimes that she's lonely and needs a friend like this...

We have two cats (liter-mates) and I occasionally wonder what we'd do if one goes long before the other. They are not cuddly with each other very often but I do think they benefit from having each other to interact with during the times DH and I are out of the house.

Hope he's getting through. I just saw a post on FB that Disney+ got 10 million subscribers its first day. Not sure of the source but if that's even somewhat close, it might not be surprising that they are overwhelmed.

ETA: While I was typing that, I thought to check what's up with Disney's stock (one of my kids has a bit), and :). So thank you Disney+ subscribers.
Yes...Saw Disney closed at $148.72 today...my 29 year old daughter has a bit too...we would buy shares for both of our kids when they received christening, communion, birthday etc money....she kept hers....my son sold his when he turned 18 to buy a car

had you as distrenty. I added trenty34 now though so you should be back in! Didn't you just tell me 2 months ago that distrenty wasn't working and you were now trenty34? :scratchin :P 😂 It's ok, you can switch back and forth now, I left both names on there!!! 🤣
Hmmm...maybe....I don't remember changing my reddit name, but maybe I did LOL. I will check later when I get home. Sorry for the confusion. I don't go on reddit often at all.

Hmmm...maybe....I don't remember changing my reddit name, but maybe I did LOL. I will check later when I get home. Sorry for the confusion. I don't go on reddit often at all.
It’s ok - I’m just having some fun with Trenty and Alt-Trenty. Perhaps that other user is your evil twin!!

Scare today. I was seeing what my balance was on my CIP before I went to staples. Payment was due today and somehow I forgot to set up autopay😧. My routine is to always verify the card and then set up autopay. Either I didn’t do it or it didn’t take and I didn’t realize. Crisis averted since they will credit it today.

At staples there was a new cashier and I wasn’t brave enough to try for more than one VGC. If my regular cashier was there I would have. Either this staples is being strict with the one per or they got a larger supply as there are still plenty of cards left even after almost 2 weeks. Usually by the end they are picked clean.

Standing in the money center line now to load serve. Very slow

Yea! I finally figured out how to post support links in Reddit. It's a good internet day. :)
Oooh congrats!! You get a cookie!!!

tenor.gif

Hi Everyone! I started reading Doctor of Credit a few years ago and jumped right into the fun of traveling on points. We usually spend a week at Disneyland every 2 years. Points have also taken us to San Diego and we have our first Hawaii trip planned for next summer. Our home airport is PDX. My travel party consists of Me, DH, and kids (13, 10).

Me
1998? - Capital One
02/16 - CHASE Freedom
05/16 - CHASE Hyatt (closed)
08/16 - CHASE Unlimited
01/17 - CHASE Ink Cash Business
01/18 - CHASE Marriott (will close soon)
05/18 – AMEX Express Hilton
08/18 IHG Premier
11/18 - CHASE Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business (will close in Dec)
11/18 - CHASE Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus (will close in Dec)
07/19 - CHASE Ink Preferred Business

DH
01/16 – CHASE Sapphire Preferred
09/16 - CHASE Freedom
04/17 - CHASE Marriott (closed)
03/18 – CHASE Ink Cash Business (closed)
06/18 - AMEX Express Hilton
02/19 AMEX Hilton Ascend
04/19 CHASE Ink Preferred Business

Has anyone booked British Airways to Hawaii? It looks like I can transfer UR's but then I have to call and book over the phone? As the new date release is set for SW on Dec 11th, I need to make a decision. If I stick with SW, that would be going from PDX to somewhere in California.. have a layover.. and then off to Hawaii. So looking at least 9+ hours of travel. If I can somehow book Alaska Airlines with British Airways, then it would be non stop and way less travel time. Can you tell I am not a fan of long flights? 2.5 hours is usually my limit. :-) Thanks!

Hi Everyone! I started reading Doctor of Credit a few years ago and jumped right into the fun of traveling on points. We usually spend a week at Disneyland every 2 years. Points have also taken us to San Diego and we have our first Hawaii trip planned for next summer. Our home airport is PDX. My travel party consists of Me, DH, and kids (13, 10).

Me
1998? - Capital One
02/16 - CHASE Freedom
05/16 - CHASE Hyatt (closed)
08/16 - CHASE Unlimited
01/17 - CHASE Ink Cash Business
01/18 - CHASE Marriott (will close soon)
05/18 – AMEX Express Hilton
08/18 IHG Premier
11/18 - CHASE Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business (will close in Dec)
11/18 - CHASE Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus (will close in Dec)
07/19 - CHASE Ink Preferred Business

DH
01/16 – CHASE Sapphire Preferred
09/16 - CHASE Freedom
04/17 - CHASE Marriott (closed)
03/18 – CHASE Ink Cash Business (closed)
06/18 - AMEX Express Hilton
02/19 AMEX Hilton Ascend
04/19 CHASE Ink Preferred Business

Has anyone booked British Airways to Hawaii? It looks like I can transfer UR's but then I have to call and book over the phone? As the new date release is set for SW on Dec 11th, I need to make a decision. If I stick with SW, that would be going from PDX to somewhere in California.. have a layover.. and then off to Hawaii. So looking at least 9+ hours of travel. If I can somehow book Alaska Airlines with British Airways, then it would be non stop and way less travel time. Can you tell I am not a fan of long flights? 2.5 hours is usually my limit. :-) Thanks!

just want to say:welcome:
Unfortunately I don’t know anything about British Airways flights to Hawaii...but I’m sure others here will be along to help

Finally got around to coaching P2 on a phone call to Bonvoy! to transfer points from his account to mine. Feels good to get that overwith! Also helped him apply for a CIP. :rolleyes1 Spending the night tomorrow at a hotel near the airport with DD before our early morning flight to MCO. Don’t really want to get up extra early to check in tomorrow (flight is at 6 am, I’m used to getting up at 7:30), but not sure if I should count on my whatever you call it upgraded boarding at the SW desk right before the flight. I plan on using that perk that’s included with the priority card. I guess I should know exactly what it’s called before I try to buy it. Lol

@magickingdomprincess you’ve inspired me! I think I might finally go for the chase biz checking account. $500 is a nice bonus!
Go for it! I was definitely nervous going into it but it was pretty painless. The question that I hadn't thought about was the start date of my business, and if there are any months with higher revenue. Also, branches may vary but I think you definitely want to have an appt. The banker wasn't chatty at all, which I didn't mind, I was scared I'd say something dumb and he's be like no biz acct for you! Oh, and I got a little notebook, bluetooth speaker, and Chase canvas bag too!

nice! That’s awesome. I’ve gotta look into these AMEX offers! Congrats on your successful day churning!
Thank you! Love the Amex offers lately! It makes it much easier to keep putting spend on those cards!

I went to my local Chase branch today to try get the biz checking account set up for the bonus. I was all prepared and then told I have to make an appointment. I will go back on Sat. They said will take an hour. My town only has 8,000 people so it's a smaller branch. I should have just gone 30 minutes away to the bigger city and they might have taken me today.

We didn't jump on that D23 offer when it came out, so no Disney+ over here.

**Slinks over to the shun corner now, bringing some organic and healthy snacks and some Hint water with me. I think they will shun me over there when they see what I brought. I'll add in some of the leftover halloween candy that's still here.**

If the candy is chocolate, you're golden. 😁
$35,000 a year job...

At least she has a job...so there's that. Small steps...

My Amex gold annual fee hit today. I am definitely keeping the card. It's my oldest card. I just wonder if it's worth calling for a retention offer.

I think it's always worth a shot to call and ask!

A little bit of churning frustration for me today... my DH ordered tires from Sam's during their big sale last Sat. I got the email today that they're in, but you pay in store and the only credit card you can use to pay is a Mastercard or Sam's card! What?!? Not sure if it said that when he ordered but I was hoping to use my new SW card to help with MSR. Now to figure out what mastercard to out it on...

I guess this where we Millenials say something like, "Ok boomer."

ETA: Though I don't think you are quite boomer age, right?
Yeah, I’m a boomer, barely, and @SouthFayetteFan is not even close. In fact I’m guessing his parents might be boomers But he still lives in their basement, or so I’ve heard. 😜
Originally how I pictured @SouthFayetteFan
View attachment 452349

How I picture him now
View attachment 452350
🤣
That is quite an upgrade.
I work with a lot of young millennial under 30. Most of them are drowning in debt and still want to go back for a higher degree. I’m glad I went to college when it was cheap. I feel bad for my kids.
Went to college eons ago and it wasn’t cheap then. I mean it’s more expensive now, but when I graduated the first job I was offered was $7 per hour. So it wasn’t exactly paying the bills then either.
Luke's hand getting chopped off
This is when DS noped out of the rest of the SW movies. He just hates to watch violence. He doesn’t mind reading about it though and is currently obsessed with reading all about every war the US has participated in. He’s up to WWI. I totally don’t understand how he can read about it but apparently his imagination is less graphic than the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter