I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so annoyed, I must have thrown mine out if I ever got one. We could have used the discount on DGC. I got an emailed verion for 10% off, but isn't working on DGC. :-(
My emailed 10% off says it has to be in store

Another SW question for all of you SW experts. If I'm booking 7 tickets how many should I add early bird check in to? It's 4 adults 3 kids. Plus I have the SW Performance Biz with the 4 upgraded boardings (which I think is the most ridiculous system since you can't count on actually being able to use it.)

Anyway, I don't want to chance a low number, so should I get the early bird for maybe DH and the 3 kids and I could do the upgrade if available?
And let my mother and sister take their chances with 24 hour check in, since we'd already be on the plane holding middle seats for them? I know saving seats is frowned upon by many - but it would be middle seats... between my kids - no one is going to want those seats!

If I can't get the upgraded boarding day of, I could probably still have DH and the 3 kids save a row across and when my mother, sister and I board, he can find another seat???

Maybe I should just buy 5 Early Birds....

Ugh, I wish you could use the upgrade in advance!

Lol that makes me laugh! I definitely would not sit there! How old are the kids - can one of them go during family boarding (</= 6yrs old)? If not, then your plan of doing EBCI for your DH and 3 kids sounds fine to me. This summer, due to canceled flights I ended up with a C29 boarding number, but I was able to use the upgraded boarding and got A3. I share that so you don't think your boarding number indicates anything about the availability of upgraded boarding on the day of the flight.

I’m not even sure I can quite formulate words for this one... I can spend my Bonvoy points to attend TPG awards and meet TPG (Brian Kelly). In what alternate reality would I possibly want to use my own points to do this????

View attachment 447125

Awwww....you got such a classy offer!!
And all I got was this: Marriott Bonvoy and Chase (Visa Signature offer) $200 for 2 tickets.

join us –​
november 21, 2019​
Prepare for a night of fine art, wine, and dining in the city of brotherly love:*​

•​
Explore galleries at Philadelphia Museum of Art​
•​
Complimentary wine and hors d'oeuvres served during a welcome reception​
•​
A multi-course, wine-paired dinner hosted by Pedroncelli Winery's head winemaker​

Another SW question for all of you SW experts. If I'm booking 7 tickets how many should I add early bird check in to? It's 4 adults 3 kids. Plus I have the SW Performance Biz with the 4 upgraded boardings (which I think is the most ridiculous system since you can't count on actually being able to use it.)

Anyway, I don't want to chance a low number, so should I get the early bird for maybe DH and the 3 kids and I could do the upgrade if available?
And let my mother and sister take their chances with 24 hour check in, since we'd already be on the plane holding middle seats for them? I know saving seats is frowned upon by many - but it would be middle seats... between my kids - no one is going to want those seats!

If I can't get the upgraded boarding day of, I could probably still have DH and the 3 kids save a row across and when my mother, sister and I board, he can find another seat???

SW doesn’t actually have a policy against saving seats, or so they’ve said. If none of the kids is 6 or under, I’d go with 2 or 3 EBCI. You, your mom and sister should be able to get 2 rows plus one together.

If it were me I’d get the EBCI for your DH and 3 kids....

..if you are at the airport early enough I don’t think you should have an issue buying 1 of the upgrading boarding positions...even in June when our original flight from MCO was cancelled and the flight we were on was sold out online the upgraded boarding was available

Has anyone ever received an emailed coupon from Away? I need to order 2 carry-ons and wonder if I should just order one in case of triggering a coupon for the second, a la ebags :scratchin

My building gets bombarded by coupon mailers all the time. But this is San Francisco. Are you in any rush? I’m sure we’ll get another batch in a few weeks.

My library started a book sale today so I went to check it out. Our library is older and doesn’t usually have a great selection of books but I was very pleasantly surprised by the sale! Hardcover books were $2, paperback $1, and children’s books 50 cents! Dh sent me with $40 just in case but I only spent $10.50. The children’s book selection wasn’t great but I did get 2 books. I got 5 hardcover books for myself. One was one I’ve been waiting to read for over a year

I know you didn't ask, but one of my favorite little kids' books is Pout Pout Fish. Great vocabulary and a fun cadence to read aloud. Just a thought :)

😳 😳 😳
DoC calling TPG and other shill blogs out with this tweet:

Interestingly, TPG posted an article yesterday about the recent Amex clawbacks (previously referenced by @gottalovepluto) and warned,
This is not the first time we’ve seen the RAT team cracking down on people who try and skirt the rules to earn extra points.
When it comes to American Express, it’s worth playing by the rules. Even if it looks like you’ve gotten away with some trick to earn bonus points, just remember that Amex can (and likely will) come after you and try and claw those points back, even if it’s months later.

TPG is basically indoctrinating his readers to be wary of even attempting to get better offers by using “tricks,” which could be taken to mean incognito mode and supportals. In TPG and the RAT we trust!

Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur on Wednesday October 30 (1 week from yesterday).
  • Currently SW is offering flights through 4/13/20 and this next release will take their schedule out to 6/6/20 (covering the remainder of spring break season as well as Memorial day but narrowly missing the beginning of "summer break" trips). I'll try to post an additional reminder next week.
For those that care about "release timing" it's been all over the board recently (all times eastern).
- The release on 9/26/19 went live at 7:30am.
- The release on 8/15/19 went live at 10:41am.
- The release on 5/30/19 went live at 9:20am.

I'm looking at late April flights using points and hopefully two shiny new CPs. Since I don't actually have any of that now do I book paying cash for the flights and change them when I get the points? Or is it best just to wait until I have them?

So here is a question I've been meaning to ask.

I was purchasing some used books online at thriftbooks dot com (free shipping on orders over $15! Saves me the long annoying drive to Bookman's, where I just was last weekend but won't be near again any time soon) and I was going to use Amex. "We're sorry but we don't accept American Express at this time." That was actually surprising to me, because I thought (well, I assumed) that Amex was more widely accepted these days. (I remember all those Olympics commercials when I was younger for Visa and MC... "and they don't take American Express").

So my question for the Amex users here is, where have you tried to use Amex and NOT been able to?

Interestingly, TPG posted an article yesterday about the recent Amex clawbacks (previously referenced by @gottalovepluto) and warned,
This is not the first time we’ve seen the RAT team cracking down on people who try and skirt the rules to earn extra points.
When it comes to American Express, it’s worth playing by the rules. Even if it looks like you’ve gotten away with some trick to earn bonus points, just remember that Amex can (and likely will) come after you and try and claw those points back, even if it’s months later.

TPG is basically indoctrinating his readers to be wary of even attempting to get better offers by using “tricks,” which could be taken to mean incognito mode and supportals. In TPG and the RAT we trust!

Wow, he just gets slimier and slimier all the time.

Curious what you think of the new card? I like the bonus points for travel, but DH and I are both at 4/24and trying to keep that one slot open for something really amazing, and I'm not sure that this is worth it for either of us.

I'm looking at late April flights using points and hopefully two shiny new CPs. Since I don't actually have any of that now do I book paying cash for the flights and change them when I get the points? Or is it best just to wait until I have them?
If you book want to get away flights next week paying cash ...those flights are not refundable and the travel credits must be used a year from the booking date by the person on the reservation....
If it’s around Easter...those flights from ISP anyway have only gone up ...if it’s later on you may be okay waiting until you get the points and CPs

My building gets bombarded by coupon mailers all the time. But this is San Francisco. Are you in any rush? I’m sure we’ll get another batch in a few weeks.

If you do get another bombardment of Away coupons, I would also be interested in one, please! I'm not in any rush, but I've been looking at their bags for quite some time.

I've seen them send a grandmother back to the general boarding area (only 2 adults allowed), so YMMV. I think family boarding is 6 and under or 7 and under
The actual rule is 2 adults with a child 6 or under. Of course some people think they’re above rules and those rules aren’t always enforced.

Actually Delta specifically says "children in strollers/under 2" which is why it's more annoying that teenagers were boarding with multiple adults early. Apparently DL got enough complaints that they're after First/DL One so my heartburn is over. Bad apples definitely spoiled it for the young families for sure. ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter