I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The temp job is going to switch when I get back from wdw to a 3rd dept for me. They have someone going on maternity leave sometime next month through sometime in Jan. So that means I can get another UR card :rolleyes1

My question is can I PC the CIP I got in July? And if I can should I do that before applying for whatever card I decide on?
Attempts to PC a biz card in the first year show mixed DPs. I've been met with resistance every time I attempted it. Others have reported success but those seem like old DPs. You can try but you might not be able to unfortunately.

My library started a book sale today so I went to check it out. Our library is older and doesn’t usually have a great selection of books but I was very pleasantly surprised by the sale! Hardcover books were $2, paperback $1, and children’s books 50 cents! Dh sent me with $40 just in case but I only spent $10.50. The children’s book selection wasn’t great but I did get 2 books. I got 5 hardcover books for myself. One was one I’ve been waiting to read for over a year

You are the cool kid for sure!

I have had Amex since 2009 for Delta. And I will still keep at least one Delta card but the claw backs were the first nail (I only self supported twice and it was something that was not hard to do and something that Amex did not explicitly warn against). So the first nail was the claw backs. Then the not allowing gift cards on the already incredibly difficult (compared to Chase) travel credit. The fact that the AF’s are a little ridiculous. Finally, the fact that because of my self support I am labeled as misusing the system and can no longer have that option at all. It really grates on me for some reason; even though I still have option for it on P2’s card.

Basically, I don’t MS so all my spend is my own organic spending that when it is spent with Amex means it isn’t spent on Chase or even the Arrival Plus. Not to mention that it is exhausting making sure spend is kept up on all the cards. Amex basically allows stuff and then punish when they feel like it. It feels like they can change the rules on a whim and then just rely back on vague boiler plate language if challenged. It is all too much DRAMA at this point.

I got into MR’s for the SkyMiles. I am contemplating transferring my 400k MR’s just over to Delta and calling it good. Part of me just wants to go back to our eating out and travel on the CSR and groceries and gas on the Disney and CIC. Everyday spend on FU, CIU, or Arrival Plus. I visit the shun corner off and on and it is really quite nice. :)

Just to add to this sentiment--this was listed in a DoC recap post: "AMEX RAT clawing back Saks credit after 8 months, even on a closed card by Miles Per Day"

Blech! I got a horrible southwest boarding number. B39. I guess I'm sitting in the middle.

I had B53, checking in at exactly 24 hrs a few days ago. Back of the plane for me, to get an aisle seat. Better than a middle up front. :D I'm one of the people who fly SW yet hate their boarding system. The other perks outweigh that hatred though... for now. Most important being that they have the only nonstop flight to FL from our closest airport.

Thanks. I was able to get some through Gyft with $10 off of $50 offer and then Newegg had them on sale for $40 and I still had my 30% offer so I made out well there.
I feel like I am constantly buying Cubs, Bears, and UVa Nike dri fit tees for my son. It's like I need a weekly delivery!

Yeah, I feel like United is the new Sky Pesos. Nice unicorn find though! I'm with you, I will suck it up with the BA fees. I am also scouring FT and will be doing some testing to see what works come January.

ROFL, yes!!!!! That’s how I’ve felt about UA for a while. It’s sad personally, as scoring first class seats to China on UA four years ago was what really jump started our game. We’d been half-hearted hackers before, but after that experience we were all in. RIP

Just to add to this sentiment--this was listed in a DoC recap post: "AMEX RAT clawing back Saks credit after 8 months, even on a closed card by Miles Per Day"

Wow, the RAT isn’t messing around.

I'm 1k on UA, and I only get upgraded less than 50% of the time, so you have been very lucky! For the question at hand, though, buying up to E+ has no (real) effect on upgrade priority, sorry! Status and ticket class are the main indicators; some corporate (and rumor has it CC) spend helps a bit, but that is pretty much negligible.

That's exactly what I needed to know. And no need to be sorry, I was actually wondering if it would adversely affect my upgrade chances, as opposed to helping them. If it does't adversely affect them, and I have the AMEX airline credit to burn, might as well go for Economy Plus. Thanks!

It gives me the option of paying the $25 or any amount. Previously I'm quite certain the credits lowered the number on the left, the Remaining Statement Balance, but this time it seems it didn't. The little info pop up says "adjusted for credits since your last statement closing", but it clearly wasn't altered. I guess I could put a purchase on there and pay it just in case. I've not put any charges on here since closing. I just want to make sure I'm not somehow charge any interest here.
That is odd. Maybe give it a couple days to see if it changes.

7-10 days means likely denial. It sounds like you have a lot of cards, and you may not want a bank rep looking too deeply into your file for why you are being denied. Chase will send you a letter soon with the reason(s) for denial. It could be something simple like verification, or something more along the lines of too many recent accounts, inquiries, or sufficient credit extended.

I would actually suggest DON’T CALL THE BANK until you get this letter because it’ll give you a better idea why you’re being denied and if this is a denial that you can change to approval via reconsideration. Alternatively, it may be a situation where you didn’t sufficiently prep your profile prior to applying and that’s something you should do before you can try again in 31 days since your last app.

Hmmm, guess I'll wait. Kind of a bummer. Only thing I can think of is that we're going through a refi with our rental properties so we've had some inquiries to our credit but never heard of that affecting opening a card (always the other way around lol). 10 cars since Jan 2018, last 4 being business....Marriott AMEX Biz 3/19, Chase Biz Ink Cash 3/19, AMEX Hilton Biz 6/19, Biz Ink Preferred 7/31/2019 being the latest.

My statement closed with 2 purchases plus my Staples order. My Staples $25 credited after closing. I paid the balance on the card, that being the purchases less the $25 credit. Why do I still have a remaining statement balance? Should I just pay another $25? I keep looking at numbers and I don't actually owe anything.

It's as if the $25 credit was taken into consideration for the Total Balance, but not the Remaining Statement Balance. Maybe I'm just having a blonde moment?

View attachment 447028
I had a similar situation happen with one of my Amex cards recently, where my total balance was $0 but my remaining statement balance was $520. I argued with a rep for quite a while and she kept saying that a credit is not treated the same as a payment, which I find asinine. I think Amex did something recently where you only get your MRs if you make your payment on time, and I didn't want to risk losing some of those MRs so I just went ahead and paid $520. Then once my credit balance showed on that card, I did a dispute inquiry to shift that credit. I outlined how to do that on this post https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-61169477

For $25 I'd just pay it and then do the dispute, or spend $25 on that card.

Attempts to PC a biz card in the first year show mixed DPs. I've been met with resistance every time I attempted it. Others have reported success but those seem like old DPs. You can try but you might not be able to unfortunately.

Ok I'll wait then. Almost makes deciding harder but I'll check out the P1 support thread to see what I.can do.

I also need to lower my CIP CL. Can I lower it to 1k?

For my NOLA peeps, @cajunmommy and anyone else local, can you recommend the best way to get from Airport to French Quarter? Checking on Lyft it looks like there might be a min fare and also they pick up from the parking garage. Is that right? Is it a long walk, or pretty doable? Is drop off for departures the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!