I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, guess I'll wait. Kind of a bummer. Only thing I can think of is that we're going through a refi with our rental properties so we've had some inquiries to our credit but never heard of that affecting opening a card (always the other way around lol). 10 cars since Jan 2018, last 4 being business....Marriott AMEX Biz 3/19, Chase Biz Ink Cash 3/19, AMEX Hilton Biz 6/19, Biz Ink Preferred 7/31/2019 being the latest.

Let us know what the letter says when you get it. Maybe we can help figure it out.

OMG, I'm NOT going to be happy if I get hit with $500 in charges for the airline credits! Maybe I'll rethink that triple dip in Jan and be happy w/ what I have....hmmm

I fell like there should be some time limit here, like if they gave you the credit in error and didn't catch it until months or years later, then they just shouldn't be allowed to take it back. But it looks like they are going to whatever they can get away with (which seems to not include any time limits).

For my NOLA peeps, @cajunmommy and anyone else local, can you recommend the best way to get from Airport to French Quarter? Checking on Lyft it looks like there might be a min fare and also they pick up from the parking garage. Is that right? Is it a long walk, or pretty doable? Is drop off for departures the same?

You're flying into MSY? That's in Kenner, outside of New Orleans. Definitely not walkable. I recall Uber/Lyft are quite expensive but it's by far the easiest way to go. There's also a bus-to-trolley connection but I don't know anything about the busses there.

For my NOLA peeps, @cajunmommy and anyone else local, can you recommend the best way to get from Airport to French Quarter? Checking on Lyft it looks like there might be a min fare and also they pick up from the parking garage. Is that right? Is it a long walk, or pretty doable? Is drop off for departures the same?

I'd say Lyft or Uber would be your easiest bet to get out to the French Quarter from MSY. There is bus service, however I'd imagine that would take you longer. Not certain as I've never used it before though. The parking garages are literally right outside of the baggage claim area of the airport. Our airport is so small compared to others - super easy to walk to garages from airport. This might help you. http://www.flymsy.com/groundtransportation

http://www.norta.com/Getting-Around/Getting-to-the-Airport

You're flying into MSY? That's in Kenner, outside of New Orleans. Definitely not walkable. I recall Uber/Lyft are quite expensive but it's by far the easiest way to go. There's also a bus-to-trolley connection but I don't know anything about the busses there.
Sorry, I meant easily walkable from airport to garage where Lyft pickup apparently is. Sorry for not being clear.
It looks like Lyft is $28-30 or Uber 35, but elsewhere I see there is a minimum of $33 from the airport to anywhere in Orleans parish.

I'd say Lyft or Uber would be your easiest bet to get out to the French Quarter from MSY. There is bus service, however I'd imagine that would take you longer. Not certain as I've never used it before though. The parking garages are literally right outside of the baggage claim area of the airport. Our airport is so small compared to others - super easy to walk to garages from airport. This might help you. http://www.flymsy.com/groundtransportation

http://www.norta.com/Getting-Around/Getting-to-the-Airport
Thanks. That website is very helpful. We fly out of OHare so I’m used to big, but not crazy about dragging my suitcase a long way to get a cab or Lyft. At OHare we usually use Lyft because long term parking is a really long walk. Uber/Lyft aren’t allowed at Arrivals at OHare but pick up just up the escalator from baggage at Departures.

I am buying MBappe attire that is not cheap so I am definitely not getting weekly deliveries :)
DS follows an English team and I order directly from them. So I wait until they have free international shipping. No multiple orders, just a couple times a year. My Christmas present filled order arrived today.

(BTW it is Mbappé ;) ).

Different strokes and all that. I am an advocate for knowing what you’re buying though so people shouldn’t be surprised by SW’s processes. I’m happy boarding after the elderly and active duty (and now thank goodness before families) in Delta first. To each his own!

Bring on the flames- no I don’t understand why ambulatory children need 5 adults (especially at MCO) to assist their boarding 😡...once I counted 13!! boarding with a teenager 🙄

I've seen them send a grandmother back to the general boarding area (only 2 adults allowed), so YMMV. I think family boarding is 6 and under or 7 and under

For those of you who got the coupon from Target for the additional 5% off, what are you using it for? Mine expires in 2 days (I don't check the mail often) and I'm not really sure what the best use would be. Just regular weekly groceries?
I'm so annoyed, I must have thrown mine out if I ever got one. We could have used the discount on DGC. I got an emailed verion for 10% off, but isn't working on DGC. :-(

I lost $200 recently too. I’m hoping they show up but I think they got thrown out. I hope you find yours.

They are here somewhere because I had them in my hands on Tuesday and used my laptop to check the balance on the one I was taking with me. I only had one trash bag since Tuesday, so I went through it this morning. Since we mostly had prepared food, at least I was just sorting papers and a couple of kcup pods. I've been gone all day so haven't continued my search. Sorry for your loss.

I thought I lost a $200 VGC the other week. Fortunately, it showed up in my car. Fingers crossed you find yours. That's a crappy feeling.

Well, I'm not stressing too much. Kind of defeats the purpose of saving 10-15% when you lose $100! I had a pet sitter on the weekend, so fortunately I saw them Tuesday or I'd be thinking bad thoughts about having someone in my home!

Has anyone ever received an emailed coupon from Away? I need to order 2 carry-ons and wonder if I should just order one in case of triggering a coupon for the second, a la ebags :scratchin

Has anyone ever received an emailed coupon from Away? I need to order 2 carry-ons and wonder if I should just order one in case of triggering a coupon for the second, a la ebags :scratchin
No they don’t send coupons, but I can send you a support link that gets you $20 off it you want. Disclaimer- I also get $20

Also if you order the second from a separate email you can probably use your own support discount on the second one.

Maybe 2 suitcases count as a set so you get the set discount

Another SW question for all of you SW experts. If I'm booking 7 tickets how many should I add early bird check in to? It's 4 adults 3 kids. Plus I have the SW Performance Biz with the 4 upgraded boardings (which I think is the most ridiculous system since you can't count on actually being able to use it.)

Anyway, I don't want to chance a low number, so should I get the early bird for maybe DH and the 3 kids and I could do the upgrade if available?
And let my mother and sister take their chances with 24 hour check in, since we'd already be on the plane holding middle seats for them? I know saving seats is frowned upon by many - but it would be middle seats... between my kids - no one is going to want those seats!

If I can't get the upgraded boarding day of, I could probably still have DH and the 3 kids save a row across and when my mother, sister and I board, he can find another seat???

Maybe I should just buy 5 Early Birds....

Ugh, I wish you could use the upgrade in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!