I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling sad for you on this one. I was lucky and found it on my Gold (which also has some weird spend $1K get an extra 1.5K MRs deal on it that I can actually use). DH wasn't so lucky and didn't find it on a single one of his handful of AMEX cards.

Oof. Amex kicks me when I’m already down. I could totally use that offer, what with the current Safeway deal on MCGCs; but Amex knows I already spend heavily on my Gold at supermarkets. Neither offer is on my Gold card.

I didn’t call in for a retention offer on my Gold card this year (accepted one last year), but I’m totally going to play like I want to cancel the Gold (never gonna happen) when the AF goes up (paid the grandfathered $195 this year) to force Amex to give me a useful spending (or better yet, no spend) offer.

I see what you did there...
View attachment 444499
I love the Good Place! I am so sad this is the last season 😞

the-good-place-2.gif
(You are not basic, I just could not resist)

In other TV news, the latest season of Schitt's Creek has been added to Netflix!

giphy (4).gif
I already added it to my downloaded content so I can watch it on the plane to WDW at the end of the month :jumping1:

Look I did my best to keep up with that NEWS thread. But I'm TOTALLY not as thorough as you. It has to be pretty big news to hit my radar, LOL!!

I say this ALL the time...and I'm gonna say it again. I freakin' appreciate you dude! Almost NOBODY has a full appreciation for the time you put into making DISchurners work. We are blessed to have you around these parts!!

@Lain....
tenor.gif
Right back at you.
source.gif
Ok, now I need to watch Clueless. Too late to start it at 1:30am ET?!

giphy (5).gif

We checked into AKV and then went to Epcot. (I really want the AP Minnie coasters). My poor Epcot! Construction walls all over. I miss the fountain and the open feeling. I don’t know why they put all the walls up at once and then do nothing. But it was a super fun night and the girls were way happy to be all there together again with just our little family. Last time it was just the five of us was May 2018. For us with AP’s that is a long time! :)
I'm nervous to see Epcot in December. When we were there in Aug, it was the end of Club Cool and the fountains. I was so sad it was all ending but there were no walls yet. I don't want to see Epcot all walled up :( Glad your family had a great time getting to be all together!

My DH got a promotion at work! He has been "part time" (really working about 35 hours a week, just shy of the requirement for them to put him on the insurance plan) for about four years at his job at our church. We have a lot of ties to our community which is why he hadn't thrown in the towel there yet. After some recent staff turnover he took on some more responsibility and they offered him a full benefits package today!

The part that makes this tangentially related to churning is that we will no longer be able to put his $500/month health insurance towards our MSRs...but that is OK by me! pixiedust:
Congratulations to DH! That is so exciting!!

I know for sure they need it to get precheck and they need to have their own when traveling with others (parents) once they turn 13. In order to get precheck when she turned 13 in August we had to have a state ID or passport AND some type of residency document or a birth certificate. So it was a hassle. This morning I grabbed the ID card just in case...the TSA definitely examined it when we went through. I am not sure what would have happened if we hadn’t have had it. It doesn’t help that she has been on a huge growing spurt and despite the fact she is barely 13 she looks older. I might just see what happens when we fly out...if they want it for sure.
Thanks! He does have a passport and we would have it with us in March since we are going on a cruise. He has a GE so he has already been getting his own pre-check. I‘ll add it to bring his ID/passport to my list. I would never have even though about it since they always just ask him his name and age.

Two questions: (maybe 2.5 questions)

1. Does the CL on my Citi AA Biz matter when I apply for a CIP?

2/2.5. Does being an AU on any card affect the AU's credit score if the AU him/herself doesn't make any of the purchases? Like, if I wanted to make my 15 yo an AU on a card (but not actually give him a card), and I have really good credit, will it help him to build credit? And if it does help, does the same hold true for making him an employee on a Biz card, or do Biz cards/usage not affect a person's credit score?

1. Not at all! Since it is a biz card from Citi it has not been reported to the credit bureaus and Chase knows nothing about it OR the CL it holds.

2. An AU on a personal card would impact the AU's credit. It can be a great way to help establish credit for a child. My parents added me to their CC as soon as I started driving in case of an "emergency" and I am still an AU to this day. If it is a biz card, it would not report to the credit bureaus and not affect the AU at all.

Oh these are my favorite kind of nights... People go to bed and we put up 5 pages of new comments and then they wake up and are all like: "What the......."
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

SORRY GUYS!!! LOL!!
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
UGH I was so busy today at work (how dare they!?)! I was only able to drop in on the DIS a tiny bit. The time when most people on the East coast sleep is when I can catch up on the DIS. Only 43 more notifications to tend to 🤣

Today’s r/churning DD thread contained a CITI SHUTDOWN REPORT!

According to the user:
  • (Their) account went through periodic review and due to "too many recent accounts in the last 6 months on (their) Equifax (all) accounts were being closed".
I’m not sure this is anything to be super concerned about. I don’t think anybody here is really hitting Citi that hard OR would they care if they got shutdown.

You can read more HERE.
WAIT the comments are hilarious. My favorite:

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 1.42.30 AM.png

Does anyone here use a Cricut?

I am really interested in getting one to start making my own shirts and decals. It could even become a new side biz! I am trying to compare the Explore Air 2 vs the Maker. Anything I should know? Is the price difference worth it?

I do have that new JetBlue MSR to meet and Black Friday just happens to fall within the MSR period 🤣

Does anyone here use a Cricut?

I am really interested in getting one to start making my own shirts and decals. It could even become a new side biz! I am trying to compare the Explore Air 2 vs the Maker. Anything I should know? Is the price difference worth it?

I do have that new JetBlue MSR to meet and Black Friday just happens to fall within the MSR period 🤣
Very interested too but I'm clueless so will try to follow the responses you get :)

Today’s r/churning DD thread contained a CITI SHUTDOWN REPORT!

According to the user:
  • (Their) account went through periodic review and due to "too many recent accounts in the last 6 months on (their) Equifax (all) accounts were being closed".
I’m not sure this is anything to be super concerned about. I don’t think anybody here is really hitting Citi that hard OR would they care if they got shutdown.

You can read more HERE.
There is an important piece of info I failed to highlight yesterday when reporting this:

In their own words, the user was
cycling and MSing heavily on Citi DC

So we might have a reason here...

I'm nervous to see Epcot in December. When we were there in Aug, it was the end of Club Cool and the fountains. I was so sad it was all ending but there were no walls yet. I don't want to see Epcot all walled up :( Glad your family had a great time getting to be all together!
I am not looking forward to that either, but plan to spend most of time in the world showcase. Except when I am visiting the DVC lounge or riding soarin 😎

I am not looking forward to that either, but plan to spend most of time in the world showcase. Except when I am visiting the DVC lounge or riding soarin 😎
SOOOOO, small disclosure....my mom and stepdad are going with us in December. They want to see their grand-daughter perform in the CP - who wouldn't?? - SO, they are not Disney fans but they are going. They don't know we bought in to DVC. My mom is super frugal and thinks DVC is a horrible, horrible investment cause all 'timeshares' are bad. I don't want her to know we bought in. I'm keeping it a secret so I think I will have to forgo the dvc lounge this trip :guilty: I'm so sad about that. We loved hanging out there in Aug. It was just a lovely addition to our Epcot day!

SOOOOO, small disclosure....my mom and stepdad are going with us in December. They want to see their grand-daughter perform in the CP - who wouldn't?? - SO, they are not Disney fans but they are going. They don't know we bought in to DVC. My mom is super frugal and thinks DVC is a horrible, horrible investment cause all 'timeshares' are bad. I don't want her to know we bought in. I'm keeping it a secret so I think I will have to forgo the dvc lounge this trip :guilty: I'm so sad about that. We loved hanging out there in Aug. It was just a lovely addition to our Epcot day!
Ugh, sorry to hear this, but I completely understand your reasoning! Very few know I actually purchased. Unfortunately, it is just easier that way.

Hopefully your Mickey head does not turn purple when you enter the parks. Also be careful applying any food or merchandise discounts. I guess it is a blessing in disguise that the CP packages cannot be discounted lol 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter