I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else get the email from Chase Sapphire offering 7% off MSRP on a new Maserati? :rotfl2:What kind of money do they think we have? I certainly haven't been spending on my CSR like someone who can buy a car that costs almost as much as my house.

In other news, I applied for the Hilton Biz and was approved once I called in! It's being expedited too so I can start putting some of DH's medical expenses on it. Hoping it arrives before his CT scan this week.

Finally, does anyone know how long it takes for your first Chase statement to close? My CIP shows a payment due date of 10/24 but says the statement date is "not available". The final charges pushing me over the $5k requirement were made today so I'd expect they'll post in 2-3 days. I'd really like these points to post soon for...reasons. (So nervous to say anything because of the Chase/Disney hotel RAT!)

I've been trying SO HARD to be good and log everything in my fitness pal and someone had to mention Pop Tarts. It's a good thing I'm at work and cannot get to the 2 boxes of delicious goodness that I have sitting on the counter at home!!!
I use the app daily! It is the only way to keep myself honest. I just figured out what I can eat for my snack tonight.

Replying to myself because I just changed the design! It said it could take 2-3 weeks. The option is hidden under "Things you can do" > "Update settings and preferences" > "Card design"

You do not need to go to replace a lost or damaged card. I am guessing my old pattern will work until the card expires. :cool1:

Thanks for these steps, just switched to Toy Story!!

I laugh too the flipping through i do from the mailbox to the trash can as I think...do these people have a clue what brands I buy??? Hello? I shop at Target and Kohls and Amazon. Not a fancy-schmancy bone in my body. EVER lol!!!!

Okay...other than my want of a Dooney. But that is it!
This is me too!!! I'm in marketing, so I always cluck cluck they misread their market when mailing to me. But I just blew my birthday money (yes, I'm a grownup who still gets birthday money!!!) on a Barbour jacket today. I hope it's as timeless as I told myself it is, because definitely a splurge for me!

HAHA I love it! I did mine immediately too. I would hope the old card isn't deactivated as well. I will try using my old one to see what happens once the new one arrives and is activated. I only use mine now for Chase offers, WDW room/event discounts (if applicable), and the occasional character spot meet. LOL

View attachment 440859

I finally started getting offers on the Disney one. Despite the message for the last several months to 'use your card' to get offers, I got Stub Hub and Hotels Tonight (? maybe, now I'm not sure on HT) with no change in activity. Actually, my last charge on it was 1/2018. :eek: I'm half tempted to see how long before Chase threatens to deactivate it, but I'm not ready to be that DP in case they decide to deactivate first, ask later. I kept hoping they'd give me an offer to entice me into using it again like they had been but nothing :confused3 They offer to upgrade it to the Premier but only for the $50 statement credit, so I've been holding out on that offer too.

Maybe now that I'll be giving it some activity it'll be enough to trigger something.

Anyone else get the email from Chase Sapphire offering 7% off MSRP on a new Maserati? :rotfl2:What kind of money do they think we have? I certainly haven't been spending on my CSR like someone who can buy a car that costs almost as much as my house.

In other news, I applied for the Hilton Biz and was approved once I called in! It's being expedited too so I can start putting some of DH's medical expenses on it. Hoping it arrives before his CT scan this week.

Finally, does anyone know how long it takes for your first Chase statement to close? My CIP shows a payment due date of 10/24 but says the statement date is "not available". The final charges pushing me over the $5k requirement were made today so I'd expect they'll post in 2-3 days. I'd really like these points to post soon for...reasons. (So nervous to say anything because of the Chase/Disney hotel RAT!)
From what has happen with my Chase business cards..your first statement may close about 6 -7 days after the statement due date....if you have had the card a while it may close around now

The average income of a Chase Sapphire Reserve cardmember is ~$180,000.

Source: https://onemileatatime.com/chase-sapphire-reserve-average-spend/

Hoping the best results on DH’s CT scan. Fingers crossed.

IIRC, Chase Ink statements for the current monthly cycle close 6 days after the due date in that month. So if your due date is 10/24, the statement for your current billing cycle will close on or about 10/30, and the bill will be due on the 24th the following month.

Thanks for these steps, just switched to Toy Story!!
Woo! I love your choice 😍

I finally started getting offers on the Disney one. Despite the message for the last several months to 'use your card' to get offers, I got Stub Hub and Hotels Tonight (? maybe, now I'm not sure on HT) with no change in activity. Actually, my last charge on it was 1/2018. :eek: I'm half tempted to see how long before Chase threatens to deactivate it, but I'm not ready to be that DP in case they decide to deactivate first, ask later. I kept hoping they'd give me an offer to entice me into using it again like they had been but nothing :confused3 They offer to upgrade it to the Premier but only for the $50 statement credit, so I've been holding out on that offer too.

Maybe now that I'll be giving it some activity it'll be enough to trigger something.

I think I have saved a total of $11 on my Disney Visa with Chase offers so not very much thus far. LOL Hopefully it starts getting more attractive deals so you can break out that fresh design! I also held out from the $50 to the $100 upgrade offer!

:wave: Me!!! I plan on being there on 10/1 as crazy as that may be. LOL

Yeah we won't be there on 10/1 -- since we're going to Greece that month I'm trying to figure out when I can shoe horn in a 2021 trip to WDW too, plus my other cruise. I'm thinking Jan/Feb is probably best. We'll see. I want to see everything but I don't want to spend a trillion dollars and I don't want to get pushed around by crazy crowds, either.

I'll take a guess and it may close tomorrow. My card with statement close of the 1st has a due date of the 23rd. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter