• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone see their Rewards and "support links" page on Plastiq? I have had the hardest time getting my FFD to post from DHs support click. I had to email them twice as DH and they finally posted his. I was going to wait a few days before I emailed if mine didn't show up after. I got an email last night saying don't forget to use your FFD before they expire so hoping that means I actually have some. But I have logged in twice this morning and every page works but that page. It just has moving dots like it is loading.

I was really surprised no one had ever mentioned doing it on here but I guess most people fly with SW. We used to always fly frontier but they stopped doing nonstop flights to Des Moines which is a huge bummer. They usually have such good sales

I’m really glad we went ahead and bought the tickets. It’ll be great spending Christmas with family. I doubt dh’s parents will make it down before then and I think he’s been missing them a bit. My parents get here on Monday! They’re flying allegiant too.
My parents flew them 1.5hr flight and said that’s the max they do on Allegiant except in dire straights. Their main issues
1) very loud plane, they save money on soundproofing
2) when anything goes wrong you’re stuck. They don’t have partner airlines. They had to wait hours for a part to be flown in from LVS (the irony as that was their destination) on the next flight later that day- they were lucky they were running 2 flights a day to LVS!

:offtopic:
Crazy last week for me. Was at Disney last Weds-Saturday. Moved DS2 to Nashville (400 miles away!) on Monday-Weds this week (hi @disneymagicgirl!) for college (first year, I’m very emotional about this), DD (my last child) got her drivers license yesterday, and DS1 moves back to college today (his Jr year, and college is only a little over an hour away, so not so bad). Hoping to retain my sanity and things get normal for me next week so I can breathe. It’s a relief I won’t have to drive DD to volleyball practices and games anymore, but I’ll miss it too in a way. Just remembered I haven’t called our insurance yet to add her to our car insurance. $$$$. Wishing I had the August Plastiq promo but I don’t. o_O:joker::scared1:

OT but I'm so glad I'm heading to Northern Michigan tomorrow. I've burst into tears twice today at work (so professional!) and still don't have an answer on my son's private school application (the psychologist took forever to provide her report to the school) and school starts 8/26. Now just hoping my flights are on time and the kids are cooperative:)

Such fun chatter today while i was completely buried at work and real life. :sad1:

I always just book cash price on our Delta flights with one of the Delta cards. Wondering now if I should start using the CSR. Anyone know if you use miles and then pay with CSR for the taxes if that triggers the insurance protections?

Just reading about it online from the releases it sounded a little desperate to me too! They can dance around it all they want but I think recent indications from Iger indicate some worry about lack of attendance at DLR and possibly the upcoming opening of HS.
Yes you should be using your CSR for DL award fees when you book on DL miles. You’ll get coverage! I use my CSR for all my award fees, it’s the reason I keep the card.

I think it’s not so much the 3% drop in attendance that has Disney spooked as it is the 20% (or so they claimed) added capacity that SWL brought to DLR, that they ramped up staffing for... and no one showed. When you think +20% is legit on the table (they did, let’s be real- SWGE Boarding System ROFL!) and instead you get -3% that’s got them worried. They expected big revenues- after all this little thing called Disney Plus is starting to get expensive as they prep to launch- not OMG all departments will cut costs NOW announcements like happened partway through summer at DLR. They can sweep that under the rug, WDW not so much :(

A sidenote is that another thing Disney mentioned is these late day tickets aren’t right for your clients staying on-site. Like lol, I thought it was perfect for some of them actually. It was Disney’s very lame attempt to discourage cannibalization of ticket sales they already had in the bag from those with on-site stays who haven’t purchased tickets yet.

CIP has travel coverage as well. I don't think it is as good as CSR but it does cover you and immediate family. And, at least in my case, you didn't have to prove any type of business travel. Covered me and my daughter a year ago.
That's what we used to book our resort (we're driving, not flying), so my one big concern is a hurricane. Did you have to file a claim due to flight delays or something else?

My parents flew them 1.5hr flight and said that’s the max they do on Allegiant except in dire straights. Their main issues
2) when anything goes wrong you’re stuck. They don’t have partner airlines. They had to wait hours for a part to be flown in from LVS (the irony as that was their destination) on the next flight later that day- they were lucky they were running 2 flights a day to LVS!
Agree with this 100%. I should probably have mentioned that while I fly Allegiant every year, I really don't like them very much. Especially because, with 2 little kids, we have to pay for seats and bags, so flights don't end up being any cheaper than other carriers. It has always bugged me to pay cash for these flights, but the direct flight made it worth it.

We only fly them in summer to visit my parents, when DH and I are off of work and have very flexible schedules. So, a cancellation isn't a big deal, even if it delays us by days. But @Haley R, you should have a backup plan just in case. Unfortunately, that backup plan might be driving, which would be a long trip!

Those are definitely some things to think about, although the noise thing isn’t an issue for us. We’ve flown with them before and they do have their issues but I think other airlines do, too.

Considering it’s our only nonstop option I’m very happy with it

Agree with this 100%. I should probably have mentioned that while I fly Allegiant every year, I really don't like them very much. Especially because, with 2 little kids, we have to pay for seats and bags, so flights don't end up being any cheaper than other carriers. It has always bugged me to pay cash for these flights, but the direct flight made it worth it.

We only fly them in summer to visit my parents, when DH and I are off of work and have very flexible schedules. So, a cancellation isn't a big deal, even if it delays us by days. But @Haley R, you should have a backup plan just in case. Unfortunately, that backup plan might be driving, which would be a long trip!
I guess if we really had to we could drive or we could try booking a last minute flight. I’m really not too worried though. Things can happen with any airline.

I always just book cash price on our Delta flights with one of the Delta cards.

We do the same. Rarely have a 6+ hour delay on Delta. The only time I have regretted was when Delta delayed our flight 3 days in April 2017. We ended up buying seats on JetBlue to get from the Bahamas to Orlando and drove home. A crazy travel day, but JetBlue saved the day. Delta gave us back our money plus some miles. Ended up saving money because the JetBlue seats were so inexpensive, but I really didn't want to drive 8 hours to get home from Orlando.

But anyways, Scientology aside, I'm thinking since it'll just be the late afternoon/evening, we are probably just going to want to check out some of Clearwater and then get a nice dinner and relax. So I'm thinking Dunedin might be a good option to stay at and we can just drive around Clearwater some and check it out.

Dunedin is a real nice little area. Not sure if you are beer drinkers but plenty of good craft breweries in that area.

That's what we used to book our resort (we're driving, not flying), so my one big concern is a hurricane. Did you have to file a claim due to flight delays or something else?
I cancelled my trip to Glacier NP last year due to the wildfires. I had booked OOP cash flights on Delta (before having any points anywhere!). It was me and my DD (note she is 30 so not a minor nor in my house anymore). I had put the tickets on my CIP. I figured it could not hurt to go through CIP to see if they would refund me as the T&C says it covers trip cancellation due to weather. I sent in a bunch of information (some of it 2 or 3 times) but eventually they covered both me and DD and refunded the fare. No ask of business related. Again YMMV.

Remember when "matches" were all the rage. That's crazy - we never even talk about that anymore!

I still think I got super lucky getting DH that match on his second card. Don't know how that snuck by but I'm grateful for it! He still has 40k AA miles left even after booking our return flights from Japan in first class. I'm down to only 9k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter