I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so remember that $261 charge that was on my credit card for Disney for dates when I wasn't there?
Well, DD20 got a letter in the mail from disney. It was a bill for that same amount. She said it was for a stay she booked for her friends/their aunt. She was also a guest on the reservation. The aunt's cc was on file at YC and all other charges and room nights went on it, so no clue how mine got billed. My card was on MY MDE, from my trip a week earlier. DD20 was on MY reservation for that trip. However, that cc was not stored in DD's MDE at all, and I obviously wasn't on the reservation in question. So how the heck did they decide to charge one random night of someone else's room only reservation to my credit card????

I think Monday to Wednesday will be better - We are planning Sat-Sat of April vacation. My oldest DD is starting middle school this year, so i think it’ll be harder to take her out of school (which I did for all our past trips). But after seeing how fast the flights went for the Saturday of Feb vacation week, I’m rethinking my plan.
Are you flying out of BOS or are PVD and MHT options for you as well? BOS is definitely closest to us but we usually fly out of PVD when flying SW because they have more nonstops to MCO. Next week we are flying out of MHT for the first time.

Lol ok guys, well... I just got approved for Citi AA Biz 3. I applied on a whim this morning. Another 20k credit line. I did the dummy booking so I'll do the test purchase of the AA GC and see if it looks like the bonus is attached. I'm not holding my breath, but I figured I'd go ahead and try to provide a DP for the group since I have no immediate need for AA miles. If they post, I'll consider this a whopping success.

Now I'm off to apply for Capital One Venture too...

Aaaaaand approved for Capital One Venture! Some of you may remember I was thinking about this card about a month or so. Since we're now committed to going to Orlando in January, I plan to use some of these points to transfer to Jetblue to book our flights down there, and I will probably use the rest of the SUB to purchase Universal tickets through UT.

I agree. Apparently on the recent quarterly earnings call attendance was down for the first time in forever :rolleyes1 :rotfl2: 3%.
I think they are scrambling. Even after releasing fall discounts there is TONS of availability. And summer was slow. If the next report shows attendance down again, I am scared for our DIS stock, even though revenue is up, and that should be what matters.

Yet DVC is still booming along.

OK, so remember that $261 charge that was on my credit card for Disney for dates when I wasn't there?
Well, DD20 got a letter in the mail from disney. It was a bill for that same amount. She said it was for a stay she booked for her friends/their aunt. She was also a guest on the reservation. The aunt's cc was on file at YC and all other charges and room nights went on it, so no clue how mine got billed. My card was on MY MDE, from my trip a week earlier. DD20 was on MY reservation for that trip. However, that cc was not stored in DD's MDE at all, and I obviously wasn't on the reservation in question. So how the heck did they decide to charge one random night of someone else's room only reservation to my credit card????

It's called Disney accounting and why they never get my credit card - any more.
Of course this strategy only works when you pay with DVC or gift cards. And I always have to do desk check in. But, I rarely have any big lines since so many people use online with their cards.

i do have a question about plastiq. i have been using them for a while. So, this is a first for me. my mortgage payment was supposed to be delivered 5 days ago and the mortgage company had not recieved it yet. has anyone had this happen to them? will plastiq cancel my payment and refund my cc? i will contact both again today and go from there. i have never been late before. just very worried.

I have had this happen several times. They will cancel the payment and refund the CC fees. Plastiq won't charge you for insufficient funds if the check is later cashed, but the mortgage company may. Plastiq will reimburse you for late fees, but not interest. I have cancelled 3 payments so far and it is easy to cancel, but a pain to deal with all the rest.

Well Dh called and booked our Christmas flights! I found online that you can call chase and book allegiant flights that way. We were looking at $720ish paying cash but used dh’s CSR instead. It was only 49k points! That includes bags and seats and the seats are a lot better than what we would’ve picked paying cash. We got row 4 on the way there and 5 on the way back.

I’m so happy that we were able to get flights and now don’t have to worry about it. We’ll be flying dec 20-30 so we’ll have lots of time with family.
Thanks for sharing this! We always end up flying Allegiant to visit my parents because it's the only airline with a direct flight. I might try this next time. Although I might also use my shiny new AA miles to book at a closer airport instead, with a connection.

Good move booking Christmas travel early. I have lived far from my family almost my entire adult life, and we always try to have Christmas and Thanksgiving flights booked by July or August. Usually, prices just go up from there.

Lol ok guys, well... I just got approved for Citi AA Biz 3. I applied on a whim this morning. Another 20k credit line. I did the dummy booking so I'll do the test purchase of the AA GC and see if it looks like the bonus is attached. I'm not holding my breath, but I figured I'd go ahead and try to provide a DP for the group since I have no immediate need for AA miles. If they post, I'll consider this a whopping success.

Now I'm off to apply for Capital One Venture too...

Congrats on the two approvals...... party:

Last edited:
Tokyo Disneyland has something similar with the Starlight Passport and After 6 pm Passport. I totally get this since we can never justify spending a full day ticket on arrival day, even if we get in early; but we might be motivated to visit the parks for whatever’s left of the day on a discounted ticket. Don’t know if I’d use 2, 3, or 4 days of after noon entries though.
1 day is not an option :(

Thanks for sharing this! We always end up flying Allegiant to visit my parents because it's the only airline with a direct flight. I might try this next time. Although I might also use my shiny new AA miles to book at a closer airport instead, with a connection.

Good move booking Christmas travel early. I have lived far from my family almost my entire adult life, and we always try to have Christmas and Thanksgiving flights booked by July or August. Usually, prices just go up from there.
I was really surprised no one had ever mentioned doing it on here but I guess most people fly with SW. We used to always fly frontier but they stopped doing nonstop flights to Des Moines which is a huge bummer. They usually have such good sales

I’m really glad we went ahead and bought the tickets. It’ll be great spending Christmas with family. I doubt dh’s parents will make it down before then and I think he’s been missing them a bit. My parents get here on Monday! They’re flying allegiant too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter