I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not how it works - they are hoping that YOU think you have more money than you really do. :D
They are hoping you have credit cards to charge on, and not worry about it.
Any thoughts on Vancouver BC? Might have the opportunity to go the last week of Sept/Oct. What would you do with 3 days? How is the weather then?
No help on weather, we were there in May. Lots of stuff to do: Grouse Mountain, Capilano Suspension Bridge & Stanley Park to start with. There’s Granville market, which sounds great but we ran out of time.
I like leaving the park at noon hahaha. (That’s a slight exaggeration)
I’m with you. I never actually leave at noon, but sometimes I want to. Almost always RD. Starts to get busy 11-11:30, plus the heat, and I’m ready to be done but we always stay later. Drives me nuts with our local Six Flags because “RD” is 10:30 or 11. What?!
Hahaha I am squarely millennial and 100% agree with you. Honestly, more than anything, it cracks me up to watch people (mainly young women) take these absolutely ridiculous Instagram photos. They will put themselves in the weirdest poses to get the best shot.
Grand Canyon was awful. People sitting on ledges or leaning way over. DS freaked out a couple times and was like “They’re gonna die”. He wanted to save them.

Don't quote me, but I think family traveling together all get TSA Precheck if one person has it
I booked all of the tickets separate. It worked out ok though since the wheelchair guy took her and DH, DS and I used pre-check since we had a flight nightmare.

Don't mind me, I'm sipping daiquiris tonight and sampling different brands of rum. I officially resigned from my job today and start a new one on Monday. AND our former/rental house was up for sale, and the sale closes tomorrow afternoon. So from now on biz credit cards will be under a "business." It's going to be a good weekend.

Noted!
Wait, are you no longer a Fed?

What a nightmare yesterday was! Canceled, had to re-book and into Tamps instead them had the 2 hr drive in the rental. Finally, get to Cabana Bay at 9 pm and we get to my mom’s and it doesn’t have a walk-in shower, so I go to have her room changed, the very nice CSR moves our rooms to different building. In the meantime, DH and my mom have already started unpacking and DH goes ballistic about having to change rooms. Get to the new rooms and realized the CSR messed the rooms since my mom checks out before us but the keys have us checking put on 8/19 instead of 8/21. So I go back to have that corrected along with turning in the key since I booked Avis so I could turn it right at the resort. Three visits to the check-in counter, this CSR took pity and get me 5 free hot entree and drink vouchers for my time.

Hopefully today is better. I figure it can’t be any worse since we are at Universal.

welcome back southfayyettefan.

i was able to close my first citi aa card via chat.

i do have a question about plastiq. i have been using them for a while. So, this is a first for me. my mortgage payment was supposed to be delivered 5 days ago and the mortgage company had not recieved it yet. has anyone had this happen to them? will plastiq cancel my payment and refund my cc? i will contact both again today and go from there. i have never been late before. just very worried.

Y’all, the SW WiFi wasn’t working on our flight from DEN to MCO and now, they just announced it’s not working on the flight from MSY to DEN :oops: That might be more annoying than the flight being cancelled!?! How are you supposed to entertain kids on these flights when you plan on having WiFi?! The flight attendant recommended everyone just read the flight magazine:laughing:

Complain and try to score some complimentary points?

DW was comped 5k UA miles once because the WiFi didn’t work on her flight. She didn’t even plan to use it.

We're going that week as well, but going Monday of vacation week through Wednesday of the following week. Hoping that it isn't too crazy! Also, I made the mistake of looking at the SW flights from BOS - MCO for early February. They are $89 for nonstop flights! I need to keep telling myself it would be crazy to take the kids out right before Feb. vacation.
I think Monday to Wednesday will be better - We are planning Sat-Sat of April vacation. My oldest DD is starting middle school this year, so i think it’ll be harder to take her out of school (which I did for all our past trips). But after seeing how fast the flights went for the Saturday of Feb vacation week, I’m rethinking my plan.

Yeah, but did you lose any weight getting ready for the wedding?

Not 8 pounds worth, I can tell you that :rotfl2: Although I’d be happy at the 8 pounds extra weight right now since I’m currently 15 pounds over that lol. I suspect that the three filet mignons, multiple charcuterie plates, and often multiple desserts at every meal (because people love to give you free dessert on your honeymoon) had something to do with it.

P2’s Cap1 Venture bonus posted this morning while I was busy with SW stuff. :) Currently without an MSR.:scared:
Me too. It is weird, but we aren't up for chase or AA (if that is even still a thing) until September. If the Arrival+ were still around, I'd do that for DH, but when they got rid of it they messed up my plan.

We got a mailer for the Amex platinum card in someone else’s name. I looked at it and I don’t think it’s something we’d want anyway lol.

:offtopic: Dh has been trying to get me to eat kale for over a year and it is so disgusting. He finally found a way that I LOVE. He cuts it up, covers it in olive oil and garlic salt, and bakes it for 30 minutes. It’s like chips and I’m addicted to it. We’ve had them with dinner 3 nights this week lol. I practically beg him to make it with dinner because I like it so much
That sounds yummy! I love Walmart's kale salad in the bag with the honey dijon dressing. Apparently everyone does b/c it is often out of stock. Aldi has a good one too.

Just reading about it online from the releases it sounded a little desperate to me too! They can dance around it all they want but I think recent indications from Iger indicate some worry about lack of attendance at DLR and possibly the upcoming opening of HS.

I agree. Apparently on the recent quarterly earnings call attendance was down for the first time in forever :rolleyes1 :rotfl2: 3%.
I think they are scrambling. Even after releasing fall discounts there is TONS of availability. And summer was slow. If the next report shows attendance down again, I am scared for our DIS stock, even though revenue is up, and that should be what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter