I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new IGH Premier, this is a different card than the regular one with $49 fee right? Can I get this new offer if I have that card? I was planning to close it anyway, but not sure how that would time out for this new offer.

The solo traveler breakfast this morning was a lot of fun. There were 9 of us, all people from the boards. 6 of us met before to ride soarin during emh. Then 8 of us did lwtl, figment and there was a dvc member with us so she took us up to the lounge at the figment exit. Not supposed to take that many but they let us.

On my way to mk for VAH. It's sold out so we'll 20190808_090713.jpgsee how it is.

AND the pair of disunplugged ears I donated is up to $51 in the auction!

Thank you citi and amex for my freshly planned adult only food and wine trip.

Flights down booked on aa with the $250 gift card I got for free. Will visit the centurion lounge here in Phl before boarding.

Flights home with aa miles.

Have a pop reservation booked, but planning to change to dolphin on aa miles. Will use uber amex plat credit to get there.

Spending money coming from a chase account bonus and some discover cash back!

New IHG Premier card offer: 125k for 3k spend, $89 AF not waived, plus bonus earnings in the first year -

If you have paid stays at IHG in the next 12 months, it's a pretty good earnings rate offer on top of the bonus points -
Earn 40X total points at IHG® Hotels & Resorts worldwide for the first 12 months from account opening when you combine IHG® card benefits with existing IHG® Rewards Club member benefits
  • Earn 25X points for the first 12 months as an IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember - after that, 10X points at IHG® Hotels and Resorts*jumps to associated footnote
  • Earn 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club Member
  • Earn 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of this card*
(Normally it's 25 total between the card and the rewards program.)
Also doubled the category spend from 2x to 4x.

After quick search on DoC I think the previous best for this card was 100k + $50 statement credit for the same spend. There was a tiered offer for 120k, but that was after 5k total.

Edit: And the good people on r/churning found the link for 125k + $50 statement credit offer version.
And I updated the post with the dummy booking link r/churning found for the 125k + $50 statement credit version. That's now the best offer ever.

However, I did forget to point out that IHG is moving to dynamic award pricing, similar to Hilton. I kinda forgot about it myself :blush: This could change the value of the bonus depending on where you want to use it. But I'd like to think even if it matches Hilton, you could still get at least 2 decent nights out of that and more likely could still find somewhere to get 4-5 out of it; especially when you get the 4th night free on award stays with this card.
Sigh... We are still working through the 5k MSR on the tiered version of this offer from a couple of months ago. Almost done, but we could have gotten more points for only $3k spend (and plans changed, so I don't even have a specific need for IHG points right now). Oh well, you win some, you lose some, sometimes you waste a /24 slot on a meh card offer...

I think I've decided that we'll do my birthday trip a little late and go the weekend of November 14 instead. We've never done MVMCP so I'd love to throw that in there. There are a lot more hotel options for that weekend. I think we'll wait to book one until Dh's CSR travel credit resets and then book. I already have Oga's set up for two different days that weekend just in case.

Thank you citi and amex for my freshly planned adult only food and wine trip.

Flights down booked on aa with the $250 gift card I got for free. Will visit the centurion lounge here in Phl before boarding.

Flights home with aa miles.

Have a pop reservation booked, but planning to change to dolphin on aa miles. Will use uber amex plat credit to get there.

Spending money coming from a chase account bonus and some discover cash back!
Have you been to this lounge before? Any tips? I am so excited to try it out!!

No I just got the platinum in May and we’re flying out of islip for our Disney trip this month. So the kids can stay at my parents the week there is no camp/ daycare.

Are you a philly person? I have reservations at suraya and Vernick on my kid free week. Last year we went to zahav and parc.

If you’ll be visiting the philly centurion after September I can give my opinion. All we have otherwise is the crappy minute suites for priority pass

This new IGH Premier, this is a different card than the regular one with $49 fee right? Can I get this new offer if I have that card? I was planning to close it anyway, but not sure how that would time out for this new offer.
It is a different card from the old $49 card. You can get the new card while holding the old card and you'll get the benefits of both last I heard (10% points rebate from Select, 4th night free from Premier) - but should probably double check that as I haven't been following it closely. They're treating all 3 IHG cards as separate products still, so you could have all 3 - except that no one wants the $29 card taking up a 5/24 slot. :p

New Premier ($89 AF)
Old Select ($49 AF)
New Traveler ($29 AF)

Sigh... We are still working through the 5k MSR on the tiered version of this offer from a couple of months ago. Almost done, but we could have gotten more points for only $3k spend (and plans changed, so I don't even have a specific need for IHG points right now). Oh well, you win some, you lose some, sometimes you waste a /24 slot on a meh card offer...
Deja vu. I thought I was already sad for this news, and I was apparently, but it does bring a frown each time I read it. That is just sucky timing and deserves a double sigh. :( Guess the DIS knew so it double posted.

The solo traveler breakfast this morning was a lot of fun. There were 9 of us, all people from the boards. 6 of us met before to ride soarin during emh. Then 8 of us did lwtl, figment and there was a dvc member with us so she took us up to the lounge at the figment exit. Not supposed to take that many but they let us.

On my way to mk for VAH. It's sold out so we'll View attachment 424017see how it is.

AND the pair of disunplugged ears I donated is up to $51 in the auction!

I saw a pic of you and the solo group on FB. You were near the flavored popcorn cart/figment.

Cashed out 48,500 MR to pay for an Amex FHR stay in Vegas on a pricey weekend (Fri-Sun) next summer.
Sounds fun!
I had no immediate use for the MR anyway so why not?:D

Heretic... 🤣
Not so much anymore.

LOL-I did split stay once and that was 15 years ago. I know some people enjoy it but I'm not one. I hope you enjoy my beloved YC ⛵

You didn't ask me but I'll butt in anyway 😜 DD, DM and I went briefly to the Centurion lounge in PHL in June. I don't know if it was the summer travel, but the lounge seemed super small and cramped and so very full. It was completely uncomfortable and loud (for us anyway) AND the food...well, we're just good ol' gals from the redneck Riveria so it was a little fancy for our tastes.

I sent DD on a recon mission to the Admirals Club (we were flying AA biz transatlantic) and we thought we'd died and gone to Heaven, lol.

I know @mmmears and her DD have used the Centurion Lounge quite a bit and enjoy it so I suspect we were victims of timing and crowding (and immature palates, lol). She can tell you more about it, I'm sure.

No I just got the platinum in May and we’re flying out of islip for our Disney trip this month. So the kids can stay at my parents the week there is no camp/ daycare.

Are you a philly person? I have reservations at suraya and Vernick on my kid free week. Last year we went to zahav and parc.

If you’ll be visiting the philly centurion after September I can give my opinion. All we have otherwise is the crappy minute suites for priority pass
We live southwest of Philly (betcha can guess the state from my user name :laughing:), and fly out of PHl or BWI almost equally. We prefer BWI when flying SW because there are more nonstop flights around the country from BWI. Bad lounge situation there, though.

I am embarrassed to say I only recognize Zahav from that list of restaurants :blush:

Dh and I will fly out of PHL in early November (AA econ) and probably in early December. I have a SW trip to Sacramento scheduled for late September, but I'm going to need to reschedule it---older dd was going to go with me but she has to have a tonsillectomy (at 24!) the day before we were scheduled to leave :sad2: She will LOVE the lounge!

Oh no! It was legit. I found dates but DH is at a conference so I can’t leave my 6th grader home with him. Found more dates but DH has a concert that weekend, 3 nights in a row. I’m about to just pull my 6th grader from school and go. How can I not go for $30 round trip and Epcot resorts under $300/night!?
100% pull your 6th grader. It is not that much time and whatever is missed can definitely be made up! Just my opinion lol

You didn't ask me but I'll butt in anyway 😜 DD, DM and I went briefly to the Centurion lounge in PHL in June. I don't know if it was the summer travel, but the lounge seemed super small and cramped and so very full. It was completely uncomfortable and loud (for us anyway) AND the food...well, we're just good ol' gals from the redneck Riveria so it was a little fancy for our tastes.

I sent DD on a recon mission to the Admirals Club (we were flying AA biz transatlantic) and we thought we'd died and gone to Heaven, lol.

I know @mmmears and her DD have used the Centurion Lounge quite a bit and enjoy it so I suspect we were victims of timing and crowding (and immature palates, lol). She can tell you more about it, I'm sure.
I sure hope it was just poor time and crowds (no comments on your palates lol) I've heard that Admirals Club is pretty nice :)

I sure hope it was just poor time and crowds (no comments on your palates lol) I've heard that Admirals Club is pretty nice :)

Yes, I really hope I haven't become a Lounge Lady in addition to being Plane Princess! It was, to use a British term, heaving. Seriously standing room only and people were hovering near seats waiting for others to leave and so many loud, loud children. I'm guessing not summertime or holiday timing would result in a much improved experience. I had a really good experience in the IAH Centurion Lounge so I think timing was at fault.

I think I've decided that we'll do my birthday trip a little late and go the weekend of November 14 instead. We've never done MVMCP so I'd love to throw that in there. There are a lot more hotel options for that weekend. I think we'll wait to book one until Dh's CSR travel credit resets and then book. I already have Oga's set up for two different days that weekend just in case.
I’ll be there from 11/12- 11/21, maybe we can meet up!

We live southwest of Philly (betcha can guess the state from my user name :laughing:), and fly out of PHl or BWI almost equally. We prefer BWI when flying SW because there are more nonstop flights around the country from BWI. Bad lounge situation there, though.

I am embarrassed to say I only recognize Zahav from that list of restaurants :blush:

Dh and I will fly out of PHL in early November (AA econ) and probably in early December. I have a SW trip to Sacramento scheduled for late September, but I'm going to need to reschedule it---older dd was going to go with me but she has to have a tonsillectomy (at 24!) the day before we were scheduled to leave :sad2: She will LOVE the lounge!
Lol yes looking at your name now I could have figured out where you live! I visit your state to go to the Costco liquor store lol

The centurion lounge is catered by zahav I think and I’ve heard they have fancy mixed drinks. I’m excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter