I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Haven’t tried in a few weeks but having trouble getting it to go away.
@Andysol any DPs on Reddit to make the pop up go away. I have a plat upgrade on DHs biz green could that help the pop up go away?
I’m not certain as I don’t get the pop ups so only vaguely see DPs in my periphery. I think spend helps if I remember correctly. Just a little here and there. You might ask in the DQ over there.

You also might get a ton of downvoted or upvotes. Who knows. Lol

I’m sure DoC covers this, but if you have the eBags offer on two cards, you can use the offer on one card to buy an eBags GC and then apply the GC with the other card to pay the balance and trigger the second offer. eBags allows only one GC per transaction and no longer lets you combine GCs.

Obviously, wait until shopping portals are 15-20%. Check to see if you have any eBags Rewards from prior purchases or the free $10 credit that they hand out every once in a while.

If you don’t need luggage or more packing cubes, eBags has a good selection of backpacks, Patagonia and North Face apparel.

Thanks for the reminder about the GC. My teen needs a new school backpack, and she wants her own Motherlode Junior, so I'll probably buy that soon and hold on to it for Christmas! I've been doing so well at not being lured into spending extra money because of the deals everywhere, but ebags is apparently my kryptonite...

I forgot to add that it's possible to stack eBags offers from more than 2 cards in the way I originally posted, but it's tedious and may not be for everyone. You'd use one card with the offer to buy a GC, apply that GC to a purchase where you pay the balance with a second card with the offer (ideally, the balance amount is the same as or not much more than the minimum amount required to trigger the offer). Then you return your purchase within 30 days of delivery and take an eBags Return Credit, which exempts you from the $7.95 per item restocking fee, but expires after one year. The eBags Return Credit is issued in the form of a GC-like code, which now combines the GC balance from the first card and amount paid on the second card, while letting you keep the original charges on the statements that triggered the Amex offer credit. Apply that eBags Return Credit to a larger purchase where you pay the balance with a third card with the offer, and so on.

I do not advocate for this method, but I'm putting this out there as a possibility. I hate that it's had to come to this, but eBags made a very customer unfriendly policy change when they stopped combining their GCs for their customers and still won't let you use more than one GC per transaction.

So my dad applied for a CIP a couple of days ago and got the 7-10 days so I told him to call recon. They asked for a copy of his license and utility bill and told him to check back next week. He was unsure how to fill out the app in terms of his actual address/ PO box situation and we think that's where something might have gone wrong. How do folks with PO boxes fill out these apps without issues? I only have a street address so don't have any experience with this.

Can you get WDW tickets with multiple disney gift cards? Site only has place for one. Maybe have to call?

My goal here is to cash out AA miles but you have to do them in $50 increments. Can combine them online but still will have more than 1 since I'm in it about $2400ish.

@SouthFayetteFan have you done this?
Yes, you can purchase them online with multiple gift cards. The website even prompts you to combine the gift cards on disneygiftcard.com. I just bought our tickets for our October stay.

We did Aquatica is June and really like it. I haven’t been to Adventure Island though to compare. SeaWorld is also nice and has fantastic roller coasters.
We went to sea world recently so I was hoping to try something new out. Did you have to stand in long lines at aquatica? We’ll have to go on the weekend unfortunately since Dh works and he’s not a huge water park person especially if we’re standing in line for slides all day. If that’s the case we may do sea world instead

So my dad applied for a CIP a couple of days ago and got the 7-10 days so I told him to call recon. They asked for a copy of his license and utility bill and told him to check back next week. He was unsure how to fill out the app and we think it is because of his real address/ PO box situation. How do folks with PO boxes fill out these apps without issues? I only have a street address so don't have any experience with this.

I'm pretty sure most credit card applications require a street address. I'm also wondering if your dad got creative with his business name? Remember for a "business" with no formal documents, it's just First Name and Last Name (M.I. is fine too).

For the P.O. Box issue, the USPS now offers a pretty cool "Street Addressing Service" for P.O. Boxes. You can sign up for this service with USPS, and the P.O. Box address becomes: Post Office Street Address, # P.O. Box Number, City, State ZIP.

Any chance anyone has coat recommendations from the jackets available on Ebags… I've been wanting to get a new winter coat, one of the thinner/lighter ones vs a ski jacket type since I am not usually out in super extreme weather. Also wanting a light jacket that is waterproof or water resistant, like a soft shell style, one that would be good for travel would be ideal.

My AF for Hilton Aspire just posted 7/14. Upgraded from Ascend in May. $408 AF, $85 credit from Ascend. Last year I upgraded to Ascend from no fee card and was charged $63 2 months after upgrade. And why did they change all the names again??

I have not quite figured out the Amex fees. I upgraded my no fee hilton to ascend 2/19, got the bonus and was not charged a fee. Then upgraded to aspire 3/19, got the bonus, and was charged 112.50 for the fee 5/19. Maybe I'll get hit with the $450 fee on my July statement, which is the anniversary of my original no fee card. Not that I'm looking forward to the fee, just curious how it works.

Any chance anyone has coat recommendations from the jackets available on Ebags… I've been wanting to get a new winter coat, one of the thinner/lighter ones vs a ski jacket type since I am not usually out in super extreme weather. Also wanting a light jacket that is waterproof or water resistant, like a soft shell style, one that would be good for travel would be ideal.

This is a very good lightweight, cool weather jacket, and its hoodie version:
https://www.ebags.com/product/patagonia/womens-nano-puff-jacket/324538?productid=10476729https://www.ebags.com/product/patagonia/womens-nano-puff-hoody/334327?productid=10523458
For colder weather, this down jacket, and its hoodie version, is solid:
https://www.ebags.com/product/patagonia/womens-down-sweater/324628?productid=10756242https://www.ebags.com/product/patagonia/womens-down-sweater-hoody/324629?productid=10695764
All these jackets/hoodies are pretty good at repelling water.

WDW Poly v. WL thoughts? I got some perspectives from the CL thread but I’m wondering if any of you have any thoughts... if I switch our 4 nights at Poly CL to WL CL my fam of 4 will save $480. I’m worried about the smaller room size and different type of CL layout than we’re used to but $480 is not chump change...
Not for a while, kind of assumed we had the trip set until the discounts got me thinking about switching- oops. But now that you got me thinking about it I did skim it a bit yesterday and I am recalling some convo that Poly CL has just gotten out of control crazy lately... definitely need to do some more reading there, thanks!
I have seen some of your posts in other threads about the CL decision, but I will reply here.

I know WL has a huge cult following for the Old Faithful Club and the offerings really do sound great! I have stayed at WL the least of the MK resorts and it is mainly because of the ease of transportation. I would have 100% said go for it until I saw you mention someone on an ECV in your party. My mom uses one for long distances in the parks and there is nothing better than the monorail for the ECV (besides a walking path). The busses are ok when there is space, but she flat out refuses to attempt it on a boat. That would personally be my biggest factor when weighing the two resorts. On the flip side, you could use some of the savings and call for accessible Minnie Vans. You don't get the Lyft app promos or anything with them, but you can charge them to your room and pay off with gift cards. If you're interested in that service, the number is (407) 828-3500, option 1 and you should call at least 45 minutes before you want to get picked up. I always use it at AK and call about an hour before we want to leave.

I'm pretty sure most credit card applications require a street address. I'm also wondering if your dad got creative with his business name? Remember for a "business" with no formal documents, it's just First Name and Last Name (M.I. is fine too).

For the P.O. Box issue, the USPS now offers a pretty cool "Street Addressing Service" for P.O. Boxes. You can sign up for this service with USPS, and the P.O. Box address becomes: Post Office Street Address, # P.O. Box Number, City, State ZIP.
Yeah. I just pulled up the CIP app and believe he should have put his PO Box in the Business information section and the personal information section but there is also a spot that says Physical Address where (obviously) he should have put his street address. Not sure what happened but will fill out his next with him and ask for guidance here if needed. He did say that he was sure to only put his First M Last names.

I have seen some of your posts in other threads about the CL decision, but I will reply here.

I know WL has a huge cult following for the Old Faithful Club and the offerings really do sound great! I have stayed at WL the least of the MK resorts and it is mainly because of the ease of transportation. I would have 100% said go for it until I saw you mention someone on an ECV in your party. My mom uses one for long distances in the parks and there is nothing better than the monorail for the ECV (besides a walking path). The busses are ok when there is space, but she flat out refuses to attempt it on a boat. That would personally be my biggest factor when weighing the two resorts. On the flip side, you could use some of the savings and call for accessible Minnie Vans. You don't get the Lyft app promos or anything with them, but you can charge them to your room and pay off with gift cards. If you're interested in that service, the number is (407) 828-3500, option 1 and you should call at least 45 minutes before you want to get picked up. I always use it at AK and call about an hour before we want to leave.
Thanks for the info! Yeah, I’m stressing about it just a bit. Change is scary, lol! I’ll leave it to my Dad then what he’d prefer being the ECV driver in group. (I think I’ve hit this thread, CL and WL today looking for different perspectives :scared: )

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! Yeah, I’m stressing about it just a bit. Change is scary, lol! I’ll leave it my Dad then what he’d prefer being the ECV driver in group. (I think I’ve hit this thread, CL and WL today looking for different perspectives :scared: )
It is such a hard decision to make. You know what you love, but it can be interesting to venture off sometimes. The last time I stayed at WL was during the CCV conversion and I got it for the price of a moderate so I understand the temptation. I couldn't pass it up. Good luck with your decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter