I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had an irritating Southwest morning, and am sorry that I didn't pay closer attention to all the folks talking about Southwest canceling their flights (sorry!).

I got a text this morning at 10:21 that my flight today at 3:25 was cancelled. And DH is my companion on this flight. I knew people had shared their experiences on this thread, and I didn't have time to search here while I was also trying to figure out how to reschedule our flight, +/- rental car, checking other airlines for flights out today... I called Southwest (because of the CP) and agreed to be called back within 15 minutes. Within those 15 minutes, the flight I was looking at switching to got sold out, after I had told DH to bail on work and get home because we're going to leave earlier. Since that sold out, I had to settle for the late night flight, and texted DH who was on his way home. He turned around and went back to work. By the time he got back to work, the later flight had sold out so I guess I should be happy (?) that at least I got those seats.

It's disappointing, we lose an entire evening in Vegas when we only had two evenings to start with. 😞

I have also been hit, and my MR balance now sits at -49,999. I lost 50k. That is fine, I only have 2 MR-earning cards still open, and had already gone through all the rest - I'm just going to close these and we'll be done. Nothing on DW yet... fingers crossed.

Lost 40,000 MR I thought I did p1-P2s referrals but I guess not. They better send me an amended tax return.

I'm with you. I paid taxes on those points. They need to send amended 1099s.

Remember there is no wrong way to churn and somewhere in these masses there may be a few people who think like you or I do.

Don't be afraid to give advice and don't be offended if someone corrects a technicality. Thank them and move on. And, sometimes I think the big guns here really appreciate your trying to help newbies because they make it their quest to try to see that no question goes unanswered and that's a huge job here on this thread. I try to stick my 2 cents into a few things here and there and I'm no expert, but I am a cheering section. Even when I forget to cheer.

The give and take here is phenomenal! And if it slowed down to only a few talking, it would eventually wither and die. The biggest helpers need our support to carry this load. Plus you will learn in trying to help out and may bring out points that help any number of people who are afraid to put their thoughts out there.

I actually like it when someone comes behind me and says the same thing - validates my knowledge!
Thank you! And I will try to post even more. I am enjoying it here very much and am happy to help any way I can.

Forgot to grab lunch today, thought hey I can knock out the tap 3 times, get 500 URs on my Freedom before I upgrade it. 2 taps for lunch and that card has 15% Staples offer so will tap there this weekend to use it.

Buy overpriced sausage roll from one machine. Going to buy chips and snack cake from other machine, they are each under $1.75 but when you do them at the same time with a credit card it posts as one charge. Tap card, enter number for chips... Congratulations, you have won a free product! Foiled! I'd rather have 500 URs than a $1 bag of chips!

I've had an irritating Southwest morning, and am sorry that I didn't pay closer attention to all the folks talking about Southwest canceling their flights (sorry!).

I got a text this morning at 10:21 that my flight today at 3:25 was cancelled. And DH is my companion on this flight. I knew people had shared their experiences on this thread, and I didn't have time to search here while I was also trying to figure out how to reschedule our flight, +/- rental car, checking other airlines for flights out today... I called Southwest (because of the CP) and agreed to be called back within 15 minutes. Within those 15 minutes, the flight I was looking at switching to got sold out, after I had told DH to bail on work and get home because we're going to leave earlier. Since that sold out, I had to settle for the late night flight, and texted DH who was on his way home. He turned around and went back to work. By the time he got back to work, the later flight had sold out so I guess I should be happy (?) that at least I got those seats.

It's disappointing, we lose an entire evening in Vegas when we only had two evenings to start with. 😞
Oh no, sorry to hear that! But thats good at least you got a flight for this evening. My DH will be my companion on our trip in November - I am hoping I don't have to do what you did and that our flight doesn't get cancelled. I hope that you still have a great trip.

Forgot to grab lunch today, thought hey I can knock out the tap 3 times, get 500 URs on my Freedom before I upgrade it. 2 taps for lunch and that card has 15% Staples offer so will tap there this weekend to use it.

Buy overpriced sausage roll from one machine. Going to buy chips and snack cake from other machine, they are each under $1.75 but when you do them at the same time with a credit card it posts as one charge. Tap card, enter number for chips... Congratulations, you have won a free product! Foiled! I'd rather have 500 URs than a $1 bag of chips!

I used my CFU today at the stop and shop self checkout...there wasn’t a line....so bought 3 things individually with the CFU

Oh wow...I had the same thing happen 6/1 for my 6/2 flight....while waiting on hold I figured out how to rebook us online....had to cancel my DH flight since he was my companion....then switch my flight and add him back to the new flight

I want to do that with my other Freedom. I keep forgetting to double check our Kroger to see if they do contactless, but I can't recall that they do... Usually do Samsung Pay there.
I still have to do it with my DHs card...this was the first store I had been in with the contactless pay and the self checkout

Your missing gift cards arrived party:
Yeah, but it makes ZERO sense. This order that was delivered today was for one $500 gift card, the one FedEx lost. That is the only one listed in the order confirmation on my Sams account and in my email, yet the envelope has all the others ones and that one LOL.
Ok, then, I am happy! Once I make sure they are activated :-)
Glad I didn't mail the dispute yesterday and I guess I wasted the sheriffs time with my report, but thank heavens!!!

Still no movement on my account, but I have this sinking feeling that the RAT’s claw is coming for me.

The clawback doesn’t worry me as much as the account lock and review. I don’t have a Schwab so I don’t have a cash out option.
No movement on my account either, but I'm wondering if I should transfer the points I do have now rather than risk losing them. I only have about 32K and DH has 55K. We have both done self-referrals recently and last year. I would most likely transfer them to Hilton since I know we'll have stays there in the future. Decisions, decisions...

You can call in and ask, but they may not have necessarily processed it to be able to check for you yet. I did it last year and had to call to get them to finally approve the card, but no problems once I did.
How did you find a # to call? The letter was silent with that information.

This is my absolute nightmare. I really hope they have this better sorted out by then. I've been so excited about the option of a nonstop SW flight from our airport again and will be so mad if it gets canceled and I didn't just stick with Jetblue instead.

Have all of the Amex self-referral clawbacks been on MR cards? I self-referred for a Hilton Ascend from my Hilton biz so wondering if I should be worried. Sorry for all of you dealing with this, Amex really sucks sometimes!

OT - I ordered an electronic Disney gc from Disney this morning and have not received it yet. I usually get it within a few hours. I need it before Monday to pay my dvc dues. Anyone have any issues lately with getting gcs directly from the Disney site?

ETA - nevermind. I finally received the gc.

Last edited:
Oh no, sorry to hear that! But thats good at least you got a flight for this evening. My DH will be my companion on our trip in November - I am hoping I don't have to do what you did and that our flight doesn't get cancelled. I hope that you still have a great trip.
We also have SW flights in Nov for W&D weekend and I’m worried about last minute cancellations

All cards good and active/loaded! Now, do I tell Sams that they came, or just ignore it. I am thinking ignore it.
I sure would love to know how it happened that all the missing cards were added into my new order.

Oh yeah, I was so mad I forgot. Sams gave me a $50 Sams gift card for my trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter