• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to call in to do a PC unfortunately.

Ah, ok. Any tips on how to do this? Is there anything specific we should say, or just a quick call and asking to change it? Neither of us has ever done this before.

And his link should work for a while, even if he PCs the card? I was going to go for the CSP a while back, but that CIPpy cup has me busy these days.

Ah, ok. Any tips on how to do this? Is there anything specific we should say, or just a quick call and asking to change it? Neither of us has ever done this before.

And his link should work for a while, even if he PCs the card? I was going to go for the CSP a while back, but that CIPpy cup has me busy these days.
I’m not sure how long the link will work. Probably until chase changes the format in some fashion.

Calling to do a PC is easy. You’re not trying to do anything “nefarious” so just call in and tell them what you’d like to do. It’s a fairly standard procedure I’d imagine :D

Just wanted to run my future credit card plans by you experts, to make sure I don't do anything totally boneheaded.

I got the Chase SW Plus personal card in 11/2017. I totally messed up with my MS, such that my bonus points hit my account 12/28/17.

Then I got the Chase SW Premier personal card in 12/2018. Bonus points hit 1/12/18.

Then I got the Chase business SW card in 1/2018. Bonus points hit 2/19/18.

I cancelled each of those SW cards right after getting the anniversary points, and Chase refunded the annual fees.

Then I ventured into the world of Chase, and got my first CIP on 2/13/19.

I recently learned about self-referring, and got approved for my second CIP today (7/8/19).

Our SW companion pass expires at the end of this year, and I really want to get it again, so my plan is to apply for a personal SW card - I'm leaning towards the Plus since it's the cheapest and they all currently offer the same bonus (40k). My plan is to apply for that on 12/29/19, which would be two years and one day after I got the last Plus bonus.

Then I'm planning to apply for one of the SW business cards (depending on which has the better bonus). I'm planning to apply for that on 2/20/20, two years and one day after I got the last business card bonus.

Does that all look and sound ok? Anything obvious I'm overlooking?

Also, I really hate paying annual fees after the first year. Is there anything wrong with my cancelling my first CIP before 2/13/20, and my second CIP before 7/8/20? Might I irritate Chase if I cancel my first CIP just before applying for the SW business card, such that I should suck it up and pay the annual fee on that first CIP, and then cancel after (hopefully) getting approved for the SW business card?

Thank you SO much to everyone for all of your expertise!

I believe the way SW and Chase changed things you will need to wait 24 months from last personal bonus. And make sure they are both closed before you apply. Oops, I see now that you already cancelled them.

Do not close your CIPs until one year after opening. The fee will post and you will have 30 days to cancel and get the fee refunded.

How is that possible? I thought they had to use the credits (I guess it's for 3?) and number of people at table doesn't matter? BTW this only works for sit down in restaurant right? no ordering to go?

She told me that since 4 people came in the restaurant and sat at the same table that she had to report 4 people. PP covered 3 people, but then we were charged for the 4th person at the $27/$28 rate. Luckily, I had asked for a receipt and emailed a copy to PP that showed we only ordered 2 entrees and 2 cokes. They gave me credit back for the 4th person charge but it was a hassle. I would just ask before ordering. If we had requested my husband's diet coke be billed separately, then she should have only charged us for allotted 3 people. Who really knows how she would have handled it since she wasn't very accommodating.

I PCd mine in December and the link still goes to a landing page. Have no idea if it will actually still give me support points but it still appears to work.

She told me that since 4 people came in the restaurant and sat at the same table that she had to report 4 people. PP covered 3 people, but then we were charged for the 4th person at the $27/$28 rate. Luckily, I had asked for a receipt and emailed a copy to PP that showed we only ordered 2 entrees and 2 cokes. They gave me credit back for the 4th person charge but it was a hassle. I would just ask before ordering. If we had requested my husband's diet coke be billed separately, then she should have only charged us for allotted 3 people. Who really knows how she would have handled it since she wasn't very accommodating.

That's crazy. It's not like it's a buffet. Sounds like she doesn't know what she is doing. :(

That's crazy. It's not like it's a buffet. Sounds like she doesn't know what she is doing. :(

So true. I should have asked for a manager, but we really didn't have time. I will be interested to see how it is handled this year since we will be flying out of PDX in a few weeks.

Yes you’ll see the cheapest rates Sept though Jan minus holiday weeks. Anytime school is in session DCl prices are lower. The Fall is the cheapest time to cruise on any cruise line. Hurricane season is one factor, but it’s also a slow time for travel. People are saving up for holiday travel and Christmas spending. They’re also coming off Summer vacations. when I flew to mco last September there were 80 empty seats on the plane. Mco felt like a ghost town. I love Fall travel. Were doing a transaltiic on DCL in Sept and are paying about 130.00 pp.
I booked hotels in London and NYC using points so we’re all set.
Wow that’s awesome. I told Dh we could cash out URs for the cruise and his response was “I’d rather use those on flights” *shrug*. We’ve never used them on flights before lol. I’m not sure what he’s thinking. I don’t think he’s quite ready for a cruise because he just started work and we were just at wdw

My Serve card came today, so, now I need to do a bunch of reading to refresh my memory on the correct GCs to buy...
Good luck! I’ve had no problem loading either MC or Visa from Staples at Family Dollar.
I just got my second Serve for a backup and I accidentally got the blue one. Now to figure out how to cancel that and get another green one!

So true. I should have asked for a manager, but we really didn't have time. I will be interested to see how it is handled this year since we will be flying out of PDX in a few weeks.

That $28 goes a long, long way at some places. I know that DD and 3 friends spent the max at Timberline last month (DD has a Plat and one friend has a CSR) and it was a TON of food. Could easily have fed 6 people. I think I remember 4 burgers & fries, 2 bowls of chili, 3 beers, and a plate of Rocky Mtn. Oysters (that they tried but couldn't eat) and they went over by something like 20¢. I'm glad you got a refund for your meal and I hope it works better this time.

Have you written the hotel to voice your issues? They should compensate you in some way -- that's not acceptable.

We had a somewhat similar situation when dd was a baby (less than a year old). We were at the Sheraton in Montreal. In the middle of the night the fire alarm went off. It was turned off quickly, so we stayed in the room. Went back to sleep, and it goes off again. Then after less than a minute it is turned off. Within 10 minutes (dd was screaming by this time), it goes off again and this time we decided to peak out the door to see what was going on. There was light smoke in the hallway. We left the room with nothing more than our pjs. We got outside (in the dead of winter in Montreal -- think freezing cold) and walked around to the front of the hotel to wait inside, but we weren't allowed inside. Thank goodness dh had grabbed the car keys on his way out - he ran to get the car in his pjs and shoes through the snow and we waited for about 90 minutes for the fire department to allow us back in. Turns out it was a small fire in the kitchen the staff thought they could handle themselves, but clearly they couldn't. When I spoke to management the next morning they offered us free breakfast and said I was the only guest to complain (which I had a very hard time believing). They ended up comping us the night -- we haven't stayed at the property since as clearly they didn't take the safety of guests seriously.
I’m going to craft something and send it in. Once is one thing but twice and no care in the world from the staff is not acceptable. When I checked out the morning we left, they didn’t even ask how was the stay or anything. Usually have good luck at Marriott properties but not this time.

Those of you who Serve/MS and use YNAB, how exactly do you budget for your MS in YNAB? I'm having a mental block here... For example, I picked up $400 of VGC at Staples over the weekend. Wanted to go to Wal Mart today but didn't get time. Since the goal here is obviously that I'll just be moving that money from the GC to Serve and back to my bank account, I'm trying to figure out how to account for that in YNAB. I don't want to "budget" $400 to a MS category, but obviously want to account for it in my CC spending. Does that make sense? What am I forgetting here/why is this so hard for me lol.

if you are doing your home program as well I've had patients lose 10 pounds in a month because of the treatments and home exercise program I gave them. Although when PT ended they said they went back to their old ways
[/QUOTE
Are you a PT? Don't think I knew that! It has been great so far and I definitely intend to keep up with it. I haven't lost any weight, but I definitely feel stronger and have much less pain. My PT thinks that what happened is I quit riding after I sold my horse last year and basically all the core strength I had just fell apart, which makes a lot of sense. My body is basically a disaster zone from 25 years of horseback riding, but apparently the horseback riding was holding it all together :laughing: She actually recommended that I start slowly riding again, which I plan to do soon.
I'm a PT too!

Hmmm...DS has been asking for AirPods. Thinking the Amazon 20% off AmEx might be a good use for something that never goes on sale. Are they really that great?
DW just got me some for our anniversary in May. She has had a pair since December. I was skeptical of them falling out or getting lost, but neither had happened. They have a decent battery life and re-charge in their case very quickly...I think 3 hours of life for 15 minutes in the case for a quick semi-charge. I think they last around 6 hours on a full charge. They sound great and no restriction with wires, which is nice with backpacks and moving around. I wished they blocked out the noise a little better on planes, but it still worked pretty well. I like that they pair to all my apple products and don't take up the use of the charging port on the iPhone.

Good luck! I’ve had no problem loading either MC or Visa from Staples at Family Dollar.
I just got my second Serve for a backup and I accidentally got the blue one. Now to figure out how to cancel that and get another green one!
Right from their site, you can close it right out. Super easy!

Hmmm...DS has been asking for AirPods. Thinking the Amazon 20% off AmEx might be a good use for something that never goes on sale. Are they really that great?
Full disclosure... I am an Apple Fanboy, BUT I absolutely love my AirPods! They are really great and something I never thought I would appreciate so much. I am 100% in the Apple ecosystem so having wireless earbuds that automatically connect to my Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch is great. I have the original pair from December 2016 and they are still working great.

I will also say my reluctant sister finally got a pair and she also loves them. She thought they would be a waste of money and were unnecessary, but after a few days she loved the freedom they allowed her with her devices.

You can actually sometimes find them on sale. I price matched her new ones to Amazon after buying direct from Apple on release day (RIP Citi Price Rewind) and also see them go on sale at Costco from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter