I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your favorite drink at Starbucks?
I forgot we are birthday twins:flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1:. Waiting for my free drink too! My drink of choice is a sugar free cinnamon dolce coffee based frap with almond milk decaf! In the fall it's a sugar free cinnamon dolce latte with almond milk decaf.

Yes, birthday twins!! I remembered that recently! My favorite is an iced peppermint mocha. I’ll get it hot during the winter when it’s the seasonal drink, but otherwise I’ll just do an iced mocha with one shot of peppermint. If DH and I are together, usually we’ll split a venti mocha frappucino. That’s definitely our go to in disney world since you can get it with a snack credit!

LOL, our spoiled dogs all sleep in a bed (or two, the pittie bed hops). Grandpa dog sat while we were on our girls' trip to Central Europe and he thought he was going to out stubborn my bulldog...by night 2 she was firmly established on the bed with him...yes, she rules the roost here.

You do have to pay for parking at the port-it might be worth an uber just to get dropped off-you can run the numbers to see what's cheaper. Yes, remember, DCL is an all inclusive resort, essentially-food, room, entertainment. If you're not a big drinker it can be reasonable-and they do let you bring on a small amount of beer and/or wine. I think a short 3 or 4 day cruise is perfect to get a feel for the ship and whether it's a good fit for you and your vacation style. Living so close to the port, you could easily do a 3 day weekend cruise (if your DH can show up to work Monday a little late). Inside cabins are fine-the newer ships have virtual portholes so those are fun. People are very split on the DCL thread about inside v. balcony...I suggest doing a cruise with each so you can decide for yourself . 😆

Oh don’t worry, the dog has two sofas downstairs that he claims as his own :rolleyes: Our bedroom is a loft at the top of a very tiny spiral staircase, and he won’t try to go up that. One of the cats sleeps with us all night, and the dog and the other cat cuddle downstairs together on the couch.

Is a Disney cruise worth it even for two adults? I have looked at vlogs and read up about them. Dh and I didn’t feel like there was a lot we’d enjoy unless we paid for excursions which is even more money. At that point it makes me want to just fly there

Yes, yes, yes! It's really nice and most things are included. I know some people spend a ton of money on drinks and souvenirs but I never felt the need to spend much on the ship. And if you're not sure you'll like it just take a shorter one.

Well you beat me by 3 minutes :P haha!

Well, that's a first! :rotfl: I bet it won't happen again for quite a while. I kept checking the link because I'm ready to PC the CSP to the CF. Can we do that online?

That's true, it does include food and everything. I guess I was only thinking about the room part of it. Is an inside room okay or do most people go for a balcony?

We get a balcony because both DH and I feel the need to have quick access to air. I guess it's low grade claustrophobia but if I didn't I wouldn't mind a window cabin.

Slight rant...

Home from our "exciting" LA adventure. We were on the 20th floor of the 23 floor Residence Inn in the LA Live area. I think a great use of points at 35k a night where the cash price was just over $600/night. First night around 10p the fire alarm goes off. We leave into the hall, walk by the elevator where, I assume they are fire doors, have blocked the elevator bank. We proceed down 20 floors in not much more than night ware and shoes. The exits drop us on the back side of the building into an alley. We wait, but it doesn't seem like more than 50 or so people out there. We start to walk around the front back to the entrance and look inside to see it looks like business as usual. People are asking the front desk and the elevator security guard and they just say it was nothing and we can go back up. Um...thanks for coming to tell us that it WASN'T an emergency. I guess it was only our floor. Night two was no alarm, but the earthquake at 8:20p. Third night and wouldn't you guess at about 9pm. The dang alarm is going off again. Jump up and back down 20 flights of stairs. Back in the alley and around front...same scene as the first time. I would think someone would be nice enough to maybe say as we were coming back in that everything is clear, maybe, oh, I don't know, apologize, and maybe offer a little water or something. Not that great of an experience and the staff didn't handle it all that well. I half thought of calling the fire department on their behalf as they could care less about the alarm or anything else going on with that situation but didn't want to take them from a real emergency.

Also wanted to shower the morning we left, but there were no bath towels replaced from the ones they took the day before. Wasn't going to wait at 4am to have towels come up and maybe get to us in time.

Oh well...we made it back and nice to be back on stable ground.

DH is off to Reno at the end of the week. He'll earn 11k RRs with his A list status extra 25%. That will put him at 56.6k out of the 70k needed for A list preferred. He'll finally get to use his Platinum for lounge access! He just needs the Plat card for the Escape lounge at Reno, right? Also he has a 3hr layover in Las Vegas on the way home, that's a Centurion lounge right? Just the Plat there too? He might actually leave the terminal if needed to go since it's a longer layover.

I'd just do the ship and try a short one! I was concerned about getting sea sick too, so that way we weren't on the boat too long if it happened. I told DH after last month that I'm good now, don't need to get off in Nassau anymore. That was the only place we did an excursion on our first 3 night cruise, swimming with sea lions, but we didn't get to see much on the boat overall. We didn't even get to all of the main dining rooms because we did Palo one night. Oh I was also thinking cruises would bore me because I am not a sit around person, I am go go go on vacation and we had no trouble, not even on our 5 night cruise staying as busy or not busy as we wanted.
I’m the same as you; I like to go go go on vacation. Dh always says he hates it but when we sit around he gets bored lol. I’m thinking if we do a cruise it’ll most likely be a 3 or 4 day one with no excursions. I’m just not sure we want to spend the money on that right now. I see us heading to wdw a few more times before the year’s over for overnight trips.

I feel like I’d need to save up Disney gcs for this and I have none right now lol

LOL, our spoiled dogs all sleep in a bed (or two, the pittie bed hops). Grandpa dog sat while we were on our girls' trip to Central Europe and he thought he was going to out stubborn my bulldog...by night 2 she was firmly established on the bed with him...yes, she rules the roost here.

You do have to pay for parking at the port-it might be worth an uber just to get dropped off-you can run the numbers to see what's cheaper. Yes, remember, DCL is an all inclusive resort, essentially-food, room, entertainment. If you're not a big drinker it can be reasonable-and they do let you bring on a small amount of beer and/or wine. I think a short 3 or 4 day cruise is perfect to get a feel for the ship and whether it's a good fit for you and your vacation style. Living so close to the port, you could easily do a 3 day weekend cruise (if your DH can show up to work Monday a little late). Inside cabins are fine-the newer ships have virtual portholes so those are fun. People are very split on the DCL thread about inside v. balcony...I suggest doing a cruise with each so you can decide for yourself . 😆
I didn’t even think to Uber that would be smart. I have a feeling that would be cheaper than parking but I’d have to look. I think right now we would need a really good deal to go on a cruise. I don’t want to cash out URs for the trip

DH is off to Reno at the end of the week. He'll earn 11k RRs with his A list status extra 25%. That will put him at 56.6k out of the 70k needed for A list preferred. He'll finally get to use his Platinum for lounge access! He just needs the Plat card for the Escape lounge at Reno, right? Also he has a 3hr layover in Las Vegas on the way home, that's a Centurion lounge right? Just the Plat there too? He might actually leave the terminal if needed to go since it's a longer layover.

yes, he just needs his plat card when he goes to the escape lounge in Reno. they i think just swipe to make sure its active of what not.
LAS Centurion lounge requires u to take a train to another terminal though. So make sure he adds travel time for that.

For me it depends on the price difference. Sometimes it's huge and sometimes it's not. When it's huge, I'm content in an inside (prefer split bath). When it's not, I'm good with outside. Haven't done balcony since I was married but they are very nice. But if you start with balcony you may not go back!
This is so true! We started with a balcony and then we were able to upgrade to concierge at the port twice and that was just shear pleasure and we were so spoiled. Now that we have been trying RCCL, we still do balcony only.

Yes, birthday twins!! I remembered that recently! My favorite is an iced peppermint mocha. I’ll get it hot during the winter when it’s the seasonal drink, but otherwise I’ll just do an iced mocha with one shot of peppermint. If DH and I are together, usually we’ll split a venti mocha frappucino. That’s definitely our go to in disney world since you can get it with a snack credit!

Oh don’t worry, the dog has two sofas downstairs that he claims as his own :rolleyes: Our bedroom is a loft at the top of a very tiny spiral staircase, and he won’t try to go up that. One of the cats sleeps with us all night, and the dog and the other cat cuddle downstairs together on the couch.
Peppermint Mocha sounds great but would have to be decaf for me which ruins it lol..

Well I finally called to convert my Marriott travel package, since it expires in 3 days. It was as painful as I was expecting. They guy converted mine to a new package (I didn't bother trying to upgrade as I didn't want to pay to call the UK number). I logged out and back in to make sure the 30k points refund was showing. Nope. He puts me on hold, comes back, more hold, comes back. Finally agrees I should get the 30k refund and is conversing with the supervisor while I hold. They say they have to do a few things in the computer but my refund should show up in 10 minutes. We hang up. I knew I shouldn't but I just have no energy to expend when it comes to marriott. So we hung up and I have checked several times and no refund yet. Sigh. Bonvoyed again. I'm going to keep checking and if the points don't show up by tomorrow, I guess I will call again. I could barely understand what the guy was saying anyways.

Ok, so not a rejection letter from Barclays for Aviator Biz but they want the world in documentation. That is just ridiculous when I have been a Barclay cardholder for over 8 years. Of course, the letter has no phone number on it so I guess I will use the one on my Arrival +.

I've read this both ways too, do a short one to see how you like it and do a long one because the short ones aren't enough. Our 3 night for our honeymoon left us wanting more (obviously :)). If we would move to FL, I would probably do some GT rate 3/4 night ones as little getaways if the rates were really good. As long as we're traveling a ways I'm looking for longer now. 5 nights wasn't enough either! lol

I'm afraid my bride felt the same on our honeymoon :D We actually took a Disney cruise for our honeymoon, following our wedding at the Polynesian.

I would recommend a 4 day DCL cruise, as mentioned, for the day at sea. Only ship to actually DOCK at their private island (there may be another by now), so you don't have to take the tender boats. They have Pirate Night, and have the only fireworks at sea. Plus the musical horn! Castaway Cay is a nice beach day. Oh, and you will get to visit all 4 (standard) dining rooms, all of which are unique.

But after this first shake-down cruise, we find unless we are at sea for a week, we aren't ready to leave. 10 days seems to be the sweet spot for us.

That's true, it does include food and everything. I guess I was only thinking about the room part of it. Is an inside room okay or do most people go for a balcony?
We did a balcony for our first cruise and loved it. Next cruise we booked an oceanview and the third is going to be an interior. I think it depends on where you are sailing as well. If I were to do Panama Canal or Alaska, I would sure go for a balcony.

Well I finally called to convert my Marriott travel package, since it expires in 3 days. It was as painful as I was expecting. They guy converted mine to a new package (I didn't bother trying to upgrade as I didn't want to pay to call the UK number). I logged out and back in to make sure the 30k points refund was showing. Nope. He puts me on hold, comes back, more hold, comes back. Finally agrees I should get the 30k refund and is conversing with the supervisor while I hold. They say they have to do a few things in the computer but my refund should show up in 10 minutes. We hang up. I knew I shouldn't but I just have no energy to expend when it comes to marriott. So we hung up and I have checked several times and no refund yet. Sigh. Bonvoyed again. I'm going to keep checking and if the points don't show up by tomorrow, I guess I will call again. I could barely understand what the guy was saying anyways.
I still have to do this. Not looking forward to it. What do you mean call the U.K. number to upgrade?

I know this has been lightly discussed, but any reports on someone who has upgraded a Freedom or CFU to a CSR? And how the travel credit worked? Did it reset on the original anniversary date/statement?

With everything with BIL, we have scrapped the US/Disney Halloween plans with ILs for this year, for now. DH and I may still go for HHN... We'd rather go in September than October. I see his CSR travel credit will reset Sept 14th, so if we stay at a US hotel we can charge to the room for the credit. My original CSR travel credit was resetting on Oct 19 (anniversary date Oct 12, AF charged Nov 1, statements close on 18th). I PC'd to a Freedom back at the beginning of February. I also have my Freedom that was opened 9/5/17, statements close on 18th. I'm thinking ideally I'd like to PC DHs CSR after using the credit, and upgrade one of my Freedoms... and if I'd be able to use a TC towards that trip, that would be pretty awesome. Maybe the 2nd Freedom would be better to do that with since I only downgraded my CSR in Feb. But I'm trying to figure out when the TC would reset...

ETA: Ok, finally finding the posts discussing this a bit
I changed my CFU to a CSR on April 22nd. I made a purchase on April 23rd on Hotels.com and received the $300 travel credit that same day. No annual fee has posted yet. My travel credit will reset next May 2020.

By the way, that CFU was originally a CSP that was opened in Sep 2016.

Slight rant...

Home from our "exciting" LA adventure. We were on the 20th floor of the 23 floor Residence Inn in the LA Live area. I think a great use of points at 35k a night where the cash price was just over $600/night. First night around 10p the fire alarm goes off. We leave into the hall, walk by the elevator where, I assume they are fire doors, have blocked the elevator bank. We proceed down 20 floors in not much more than night ware and shoes. The exits drop us on the back side of the building into an alley. We wait, but it doesn't seem like more than 50 or so people out there. We start to walk around the front back to the entrance and look inside to see it looks like business as usual. People are asking the front desk and the elevator security guard and they just say it was nothing and we can go back up. Um...thanks for coming to tell us that it WASN'T an emergency. I guess it was only our floor. Night two was no alarm, but the earthquake at 8:20p. Third night and wouldn't you guess at about 9pm. The dang alarm is going off again. Jump up and back down 20 flights of stairs. Back in the alley and around front...same scene as the first time. I would think someone would be nice enough to maybe say as we were coming back in that everything is clear, maybe, oh, I don't know, apologize, and maybe offer a little water or something. Not that great of an experience and the staff didn't handle it all that well. I half thought of calling the fire department on their behalf as they could care less about the alarm or anything else going on with that situation but didn't want to take them from a real emergency.

Also wanted to shower the morning we left, but there were no bath towels replaced from the ones they took the day before. Wasn't going to wait at 4am to have towels come up and maybe get to us in time.

Oh well...we made it back and nice to be back on stable ground.

I was laughing at the FIRST fire drill. By the time I got to the second one it was hysterical! I feel bad for your experience, but you certainly lifted my day!

Ok, so not a rejection letter from Barclays for Aviator Biz but they want the world in documentation. That is just ridiculous when I have been a Barclay cardholder for over 8 years. Of course, the letter has no phone number on it so I guess I will use the one on my Arrival +.
I had to send in documentation to Barclay for my Aviator Biz even though I already held the Arrival and JetBlueBiz. They are a pain and their biz online platform is terrible. Good luck. :)

Ok for SWA experts here- Can I refer someone from my personal card for them to app on the biz card? or is it only personal-personal? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter