I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a big mistake (yet again 🙄😂). In January I referred my husband for a CIP. I am trying to get in the habit of checking up on my points more often and I just now realized I didn't receive my referral bonus. Is it too late to ask about it? I've opened CIP2 since then and wonder if it will add too many eyes to my account if I ask about it. I can't believe I never checked. 🤦

ETA: they are there. They were on a statement.

Last edited:

Hope to pick brains. Not sure how long ILs will be out with BIL, but safe to say a lot. MIL has about a month before she is officially due back for work because she works for the schools. FIL is on disability so... he is open. Honestly the most ideal option would probably be BIL comes back here to continue rehab, as FIL would be around and MIL could work with him to because this is what she does for a living, but one day at a time for now. I think for the next month-ish, it is unlikely ILs will travel home together. So while points for airlines would be helpful, something like SW CP may not be as helpful.

Looking at the area, there are not a ton of hotel options that are close. I've narrowed it down to a Sheraton and the DT ILs are at now... most of the others that come up are little non chain $60/night motels :scared:

All prices are pre tax. Also basing prices off a week long stay starting today.

Doubletree Claremont
  • ILs staying here currently
  • $144/night special rate for hospital/rehab center and includes breakfast
  • $196/night Hhonors rate, later in the month seeing $218/night
  • 40k points/night
  • 14k URs/night on UR portal
  • Free parking
  • 7min from rehab center, 7min from BILs current apartment
Sheraton Fairplex
  • $132/night due to special promo rate for Bonvoy members, later in the month seeing $163
  • 25k points/night
  • 9k URs/night on UR portal
  • Cat 4 so could use some FN certs here
  • Free parking
  • 10min from rehab center, 18min from BILs current apartment

So I'm currently considering CIPs, SW cards, and also debating Hilton cards now due to the DT. Any other thoughts or cards I should consider?

For their credit history, I know they each got CSRs in 5/2018 (just closed last week) and old personal SPG cards (MIL 9/2016, FIL 1/2017). I know MIL has opened at least one store card lately... maybe we can get a credit karma account for her. I don't want to have her be over 5/24 or something.

We made it to the Hilton Terminal 5 airport hotel a little after 1 am. We had called ahead and let them know we were coming in late and to please not release our reservation booking for one room and three adults. There was a crowd of people at check in and we knew something was up because of the late hour. It got scary for a moment when another party of two had been trying to get their room since 10 am that morning. The attendant said she would need to get a manager and I though DH was going to flip and he was asking why a manager was needed for us to check in and get our key. I asked him to chill and said getting the manager was fine, I’m sure Diamond status still counts for something (thank you Aspire card) and I’d be pulling up Twitter to compose a tweet just in case, while she did that. The manager came and very matter of factly explained we now had a one bedroom suite with two bathrooms. I said thank you very much. It’s now a bit after 2 am here and hopefully I can get about 3 hours of sleep before heading to the airport.

Yup, I will definitely be seeking out the EU reimbursement as well. Thanks!

Glad you got a bed if only for a few hours. I'll be interested to hear how you get reimbursed for the Uber ride. Years and years ago, DH and I were flying into Memphis but because of a storm we got diverted to some super-small airport in Alabama. Delta said they could get us to Memphis in two days! We rented a car and drove (it was a few hours) -- Delta refunded part of the flight and we just let it go at that because that was more than the cost of the one-way rental, but if that happened now I think I would be asking for more.

Hope to pick brains. Not sure how long ILs will be out with BIL, but safe to say a lot. MIL has about a month before she is officially due back for work because she works for the schools. FIL is on disability so... he is open. Honestly the most ideal option would probably be BIL comes back here to continue rehab, as FIL would be around and MIL could work with him to because this is what she does for a living, but one day at a time for now. I think for the next month-ish, it is unlikely ILs will travel home together. So while points for airlines would be helpful, something like SW CP may not be as helpful.

Looking at the area, there are not a ton of hotel options that are close. I've narrowed it down to a Sheraton and the DT ILs are at now... most of the others that come up are little non chain $60/night motels :scared:

Doubletree Claremont
  • 40k points/night
  • Free parking
Sheraton Fairplex
  • $132/night due to special promo rate for Bonvoy members, later in the month seeing $163
  • 25k points/night
  • Free parking

So I'm currently considering CIPs, SW cards, and also debating Hilton cards now due to the DT. Any other thoughts or cards I should consider?

For their credit history, I know they each got CSRs in 5/2018 (just closed last week) and old personal SPG cards (MIL 9/2016, FIL 1/2017). I know MIL has opened at least one store card lately... maybe we can get a credit karma account for her. I don't want to have her be over 5/24 or something.

Have you thought about seeing if there's an airbnb nearby? Might not be cost effective but if it is and it gave them a kitchen it might be helpful.

Also, why can't they stay at bil's apt. I know wife is there but she could/should sleep on the couch and let them have the bedroom as I'm guessing it's a 1b. I know she's how she is but they also shouldn't be having to spend this much if there's a free place to stay. She should help out somehow.

I made a big mistake (yet again 🙄😂). In January I referred my husband for a CIP. I am trying to get in the habit of checking up on my points more often and I just now realized I didn't receive my referral bonus. Is it too late to ask about it? I've opened CIP2 since then and wonder if it will add too many eyes to my account if I ask about it. I can't believe I never checked. 🤦
Are you looking at your monthly statements ? I can see my bonus points on there but not shown separately on the UR dashboard
I probably would not contact them, but I am also super cautious

Last edited:

Doubletree Claremont
  • 40k points/night
  • Free parking
Sheraton Fairplex
  • 25k points/night
  • Free parking

Is there a reason they aren’t just staying at the BIL’s so they don’t have the added expense? Have you looked into AirBBs and such which would allow for a kitchen and might be cheaper than a hotel?

Have you thought about seeing if there's an airbnb nearby? Might not be cost effective but if it is and it gave them a kitchen it might be helpful.

Also, why can't they stay at bil's apt. I know wife is there but she could/should sleep on the couch and let them have the bedroom as I'm guessing it's a 1b. I know she's how she is but they also shouldn't be having to spend this much if there's a free place to stay. She should help out somehow.
Is there a reason they aren’t just staying at the BIL’s so they don’t have the added expense? Have you looked into AirBBs and such which would allow for a kitchen and might be cheaper than a hotel?

Didn't think of Airbnb, will check it out. Not sure I can convince them though, I can barely convince DH to consider them :sad2:

They won't stay at the apartment with wife there... I know it sounds super ridiculous to be paying for a hotel, but honestly MIL really hates the wife after all of the crap she has pulled over the years... it's much less stress on everyone with them not staying there. On top of that, it was never offered either, the only offer was a hotel recommendation from wife's parents.

Really if wife is just in so much pain and can't even drive, we don't understand why she isn't just staying with her parents and ILs could stay there...

Didn't think of Airbnb, will check it out. Not sure I can convince them though, I can barely convince DH to consider them :sad2:

They won't stay at the apartment with wife there... I know it sounds super ridiculous to be paying for a hotel, but honestly MIL really hates the wife after all of the crap she has pulled over the years... it's much less stress on everyone with them not staying there. On top of that, it was never offered either, the only offer was a hotel recommendation from wife's parents.

Really if wife is just in so much pain and can't even drive, we don't understand why she isn't just staying with her parents and ILs could stay there...

And even if she's not in so much pain she should/could do that. Be we can see she wasn't raised to be courteous, generous, thoughtful, selfless etc.

Are you looking at your monthly statements ? I can see my bonus points on their but not shown separately on the UR dashboard
I probably would not contact them, but I am also super cautious

They are there! I didn't even think of looking back at my statements. We usually pay weekly and have paperless so I don't usually check them. Thanks for the suggestion 😊

Current list of AA Business CC Offers:

There are 4 Citi AA Business offers that I know of right now:
Barclays also has one:
I can no longer find a Citi link with the $250 Stmt Credit (RIP the add'l $50)... I also can't find a Citi 75k / $5k link right now. Am I missing any links that anybody is aware of?

FYI: 75k / $5k is still available via Citi Mailer if you can get you hands on one of those.

Also worth noting that there are still VERY mixed DPs on using a public offer for Citi Biz # 2 and beyond. You might get your points...you might not...

Just figured I'd share this info here since I was updating some information while answering a PM.
Would someone mind clicking the 70k/$4k MSR link above and then hit the "apply now" button and just see if it's working for you? I decided based on projected spending that the time is right for me to apply, and I'm getting a message that says "we're having trouble finding that site." The 65k/$4k MSR link seems to be OK...

Would someone mind clicking the 70k/$4k MSR link above and then hit the "apply now" button and just see if it's working for you? I decided based on projected spending that the time is right for me to apply, and I'm getting a message that says "we're having trouble finding that site." The 65k/$4k MSR link seems to be OK...
Worked just fine for me.

41511904F893B6-1A1F-4E83-8647-7072B947B896.png

It's working for me. Maybe try incognito?

It worked for me..the application came up

I got through to the application. I'm using Microsoft Edge

It's working for me. Maybe try incognito?
It worked for me..the application came up
I got through to the application. I'm using Microsoft Edge
Well.... hmmm. I just tried Edge too, and nothing. I wonder if my super IT-geek husband installed something (like tracking prevention software??? Who knows!) on my computer to prevent certain things? It said something like "we cannot find citi.bridgetrack.com" (not sure if that's precisely it).

Thanks everyone for checking for me!!!

Well.... hmmm. I just tried Edge too, and nothing. I wonder if my super IT-geek husband installed something (like tracking prevention software??? Who knows!) on my computer to prevent certain things? It said something like "we cannot find citi.bridgetrack.com" (not sure if that's precisely it).

Thanks everyone for checking for me!!!
I am on my iPad and went through Safari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter