I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could that have been the original set before you requested them to be expedited? Maybe they were already created and mailed out, but Chase expedited a new set and you got the new set UPS before the original?
That exact thing happened to me. I gave the extra one to my DH.

You could try calling the number on the back of the card. They may be able to take a payment over the phone. If not schedule a payment for the remaining balance tomorrow. If you’re charged any interest it will likely be very small and you can always call to ask them to waive.
Thank you! I called and the Rep was able to take my payment! Crisis averted!

Could that have been the original set before you requested them to be expedited? Maybe they were already created and mailed out, but Chase expedited a new set and you got the new set UPS before the original?
Oh that could be it. We’ll just shred them then

Thinking about just getting my dh the BBP even though he keeps getting the dreaded Amex pop-up. It's *only* 10k points and maybe my referral bonus. Not sure if I lose that as well. He really need the BBP to keep his MR's active.

Does anyone know how the BBP no interest works? I've never, ever used a card that doesn't charge interest and just not sure what that looks like. I have a large purchase to put on the card and may decide to let it ride for a few months if there is no fee to do so.
I believe @kmc8826 has used the BBP to float a direct DVC purchase with 0% interest

Oh my money is still “floating” at least until I get the proceeds from my other now sold DVC contract. Sad but true.

I have about $5000 on my BBP. I applied a couple months ago. On paperwork that comes with cards it says the 0% interest until April 2020. You just pay the minimum every month which says I think $35 but I’ve been paying about $100. No other charges. I also have about $3000 on my CIC since it is 0% for a year. I considered 0% cards like the Discover or CFU but ultimately decided made more sense to put the purchase on the business cards so wouldn’t affect credit rating.

I would just go for the BBP bonus or not. I am pretty sure you would still get the referral bonus and the 0%. Plus the two times MR on a bigger purchase is not insignificant.

Last edited:

Amex airline credit counter just decreased for the $70 x 2 Southwest tickets I bought! So probably it'll credit tomorrow. I've been checking obsessively, lol.

Ironic that I shouldn't have bought GC (which didn't credit) to buy the $75 x 2 outbound tickets, but should have just bought the tickets outright. So now have $110 left I'll need to figure out what to do with by the end of the year. But at least - something - works! Other than actual incidentals that is, lol.

Ok, P2's CSR downgrade- I purchased refundable SW ticket. Best to cancel that before PCing to FU or PC then cancel? Recommended time to wait before next step?

I have an urgent question. Does anyone know how I can make two separate payments on my Chase CIP card in the same day? The payment is due today and I didn’t have time to transfer the funds to my main account so I made a partial payment from that account. Then I added the second account online but when I tried to pay the balance, it said sorry - you already made a payment today. I have to pick a different day GRRRR
If you don’t get the next payment in on time you can call Chase and ask the late fee be waived. Sometimes banks will do that.

Currently in the Air France lounge at CDG awaiting our flight to SFO. I see I’ve got well over 100 pages to catch up on in this thread! Just wanted to pop in to report that our Botswana trip was absolutely fantastic. Here are a couple of pics. Apologies to those on this thread who have already seen these on Insta or FB. They are among my favorites and pics I have easy access to at the moment before sorting through the rest of our many many photos.

Update on our travel saga. We arrived on our nearly 7 hour Uber drive from Glasgow airport to the London Heathrow terminal 5 Hilton hotel a little after 1 am. Apparently British Airways systems were down yesterday which is what led to the flight cancellation. What we saw was nothing compared to what was happening at LHR. Many flights were cancelled.

There was a small crowd of people at the Hilton with room issues at 1 am. The hotel had been overbooked. This wasn’t looking well. We had called en route to let them know we were on the way and needed our room for 3 adults so they wouldn’t give it away, given what was happening at LHR. The receptionist had to get a manger because she couldn’t check us in as no room was available in the category we booked. Thank goodness we have diamond status with the Hilton Aspire card. The manager upgraded us to a 1 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms and a large sofa bed in the living room. Travel hacking for the win! Unfortunately, the AC wasn’t working in that room and it was quite warm and uncomfortable even for tired Floridians at 2 am. Woke up at 5 am so we could head to the airport and make sure we had time to get another flight in case our flights were cancelled. The duty manager at the hotel apologized about the AC but they had no other rooms so he gave me a discount plus 10,000 Hilton points.

The good news was the flight wasn’t cancelled. The bad news was that one of our seats was downgraded to premium economy since they had to change our aircraft which has 15 fewer seats. The airplane snob in me was sad about not flying on the A380 and being on a 777 instead, but I digress. Resigned to the seat class change, we met with the gate agent to see what needed to be done to compensate for the difference in service/seat class. While discussing the situation we were able to get a seat assigned in the original class of service. That was some happy unexpected pixie dust considering there were still 15 people without a seat.

All this to say, travel is an adventure and always expect the unexpected, then just roll with punches.

02CDA249-0D14-46D4-A276-69841EFC5A85.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 414993View attachment 414994

Currently in the Air France lounge at CDG awaiting our flight to SFO. I see I’ve got well over 100 pages to catch up on in this thread! Just wanted to pop in to report that our Botswana trip was absolutely fantastic. Here are a couple of pics. Apologies to those on this thread who have already seen these on Insta or FB. They are among my favorites and pics I have easy access to at the moment before sorting through the rest of our many many photos.

These are fantastic! I can see why these are your favorites.

Thinking about just getting my dh the BBP even though he keeps getting the dreaded Amex pop-up. It's *only* 10k points and maybe my referral bonus. Not sure if I lose that as well. He really need the BBP to keep his MR's active.

Does anyone know how the BBP no interest works? I've never, ever used a card that doesn't charge interest and just not sure what that looks like. I have a large purchase to put on the card and may decide to let it ride for a few months if there is no fee to do so.

I can confirm the pop-up does not preclude you from getting the support bonus - you will still get the points.

Do any cards earn CB on Venmo? I was all set to pay for the shed DH is picking up via venmo and saw the 3% fee 🙄 I mean, I should've known it would be the same as Paypal. Boo.

You should be able to check you online Visa statements to see when it posted. Or send a secure message to Chase and ask them.

Would the yearly miles I get from Chase (I thought it should be 3,000 but I only received 525 in August of 2018), reset the 2 year clock you mentioned? I am paying $69 per year in fee. I received 60 thousand to my SW account in Aug of 2017.

Would the yearly miles I get from Chase (I thought it should be 3,000 but I only received 525 in August of 2018), reset the 2 year clock you mentioned? I am paying $69 per year in fee. I received 60 thousand to my SW account in Aug of 2017.
The yearly miles will not reset it, just the 60k bonus. Your 3k yearly miles weren't in September maybe? Sometimes they get off a little from the actual anniversary month, just depending on when your statement cuts and when the AF is charged.

The yearly miles will not reset it, just the 60k bonus. Your 3k yearly miles weren't in September maybe? Sometimes they get off a little from the actual anniversary month, just depending on when your statement cuts and when the AF is charged.
@amalone1013 is right. You should be good to go for a new card after August 2019. You could cancel now. If you are looking to get a Companion Pass (CP) for all of 2020/2021, you would need to apply late in the year and make sure not to meet the spending requirement until after January 1 so the miles post in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter