I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope to pick brains. Not sure how long ILs will be out with BIL, but safe to say a lot. MIL has about a month before she is officially due back for work because she works for the schools. FIL is on disability so... he is open. Honestly the most ideal option would probably be BIL comes back here to continue rehab, as FIL would be around and MIL could work with him to because this is what she does for a living, but one day at a time for now. I think for the next month-ish, it is unlikely ILs will travel home together. So while points for airlines would be helpful, something like SW CP may not be as helpful.

Looking at the area, there are not a ton of hotel options that are close. I've narrowed it down to a Sheraton and the DT ILs are at now... most of the others that come up are little non chain $60/night motels :scared:

All prices are pre tax. Also basing prices off a week long stay starting today.

Doubletree Claremont
  • ILs staying here currently
  • $144/night special rate for hospital/rehab center and includes breakfast
  • $196/night Hhonors rate, later in the month seeing $218/night
  • 40k points/night
  • 14k URs/night on UR portal
  • Free parking
  • 7min from rehab center, 7min from BILs current apartment
Sheraton Fairplex
  • $132/night due to special promo rate for Bonvoy members, later in the month seeing $163
  • 25k points/night
  • 9k URs/night on UR portal
  • Cat 4 so could use some FN certs here
  • Free parking
  • 10min from rehab center, 18min from BILs current apartment

So I'm currently considering CIPs, SW cards, and also debating Hilton cards now due to the DT. Any other thoughts or cards I should consider?

For their credit history, I know they each got CSRs in 5/2018 (just closed last week) and old personal SPG cards (MIL 9/2016, FIL 1/2017). I know MIL has opened at least one store card lately... maybe we can get a credit karma account for her. I don't want to have her be over 5/24 or something.

Have them check the price of the doubletree using this rate:
mvp

No, those 3k points have no impact. So I would wait for the 3k bonus to post since you are so close, then close the account to avoid the AF and then in Sept apply for the new card.

But if you are interested in the CP then the strategy might be different depending on if you want the CP for the remainder of 2019 and all of 2020 or the CP makes better sense for the majority of 2020 and all of 2021.

Does it make sense for me NOT to apply for both the Performance Business (80 thousand) and Premier Business (60 thousand) until say November so I don't meet the minimum purchase requirements at least on one till January. If I understand the SW Companion pass, if I qualify in January 2020, I would still have that status until 12/31/21. Is that correct and does this plan makes sense?

Does it make sense for me NOT to apply for both the Performance Business (80 thousand) and Premier Business (60 thousand) until say November so I don't meet the minimum purchase requirements at least on one till January. If I understand the SW Companion pass, if I qualify in January 2020, I would still have that status until 12/31/21. Is that correct and does this plan makes sense?
That makes sense if you will get more use out of it that way. Personally, our travel is always heavy in the fall, so I've done the summer apps as soon as I was eligible the last couple Cps we have done.

So DME sent me luggage tags for my trip next week. I noticed the wrong resort listed. Then I noticed the wrong names listed. Ummm...??
It is another person, same first and last name as me, her family members, and same check in date. Oops. Something went very wrong here.
I called and my DME request wasn't even listed in the system. Apparently they had updated the other family's reservation with my mailing address. Ugh.
Too late to send out new tags. I was planning to grab my own bag anyways.
ETA: Oh and our custom MBs came while we were in CHS too. They didn't mess those up. Still can't get the upgraded AP bands for DS 9 and DS11 though.

That makes sense if you will get more use out of it that way. Personally, our travel is always heavy in the fall, so I've done the summer apps as soon as I was eligible the last couple Cps we have done.

If I applied for both cards now and the bonus miles were deposited into my SW account prior to 1/1/20 (I think I have 90 days to purchase the minimum once the cards are issued), then I would only be eligible for the companion pass until 12/31/20. Right?

So DME sent me luggage tags for my trip next week. I noticed the wrong resort listed. Then I noticed the wrong names listed. Ummm...??
It is another person, same first and last name as me, her family members, and same check in date. Oops. Something went very wrong here.
I called and my DME request wasn't even listed in the system. Apparently they had updated the other family's reservation with my mailing address. Ugh.
Too late to send out new tags. I was planning to grab my own bag anyways.
ETA: Oh and our custom MBs came while we were in CHS too. They didn't mess those up. Still can't get the upgraded AP bands for DS 9 and DS11 though.

You can give them the baggage claim number if you don’t have the yellow tags and they will get delivered. My grandmother also forgot to put her yellow tag on and didn’t realize until she saw the video on DME. I called them on the DME and gave them the number over the phone and that worked too. For my spontaneous weekend trips I just give them the little sticker when I check in.

It’s probably best if you go to page 1, 2nd post by SouthFayetteFan and then list out the credit cards you have obtained in the last 24 months so we can make sure we are giving you accurate advice so you can successful. Chase, unfortunately, has many “rules” with 5 CCs in 24 months (5/24) and 1/30. This way we can give you an accurate strategy.

Would someone mind clicking the 70k/$4k MSR link above and then hit the "apply now" button and just see if it's working for you? I decided based on projected spending that the time is right for me to apply, and I'm getting a message that says "we're having trouble finding that site." The 65k/$4k MSR link seems to be OK...

The 70k link worked for me.

Well.... hmmm. I just tried Edge too, and nothing. I wonder if my super IT-geek husband installed something (like tracking prevention software??? Who knows!) on my computer to prevent certain things? It said something like "we cannot find citi.bridgetrack.com" (not sure if that's precisely it).

Thanks everyone for checking for me!!!
And indeed, he DID have some sort of block/setting thing on our computers. He removed it and I am INSTANTLY APPROVED! Whee!

Thanks again, everyone!

OK, so I made another decision...which is basically a miracle. hahahaha

Decided on DH Hilton ascend and fingers crossed he gets an upgrade offer to an aspire. I'm going to app now and then close his hilton biz. I'm hoping he doesn't get a pop up, but we haven't been using all our amex cards lately. Fingers crossed.

What is the best way to refer him?
I have the BBP, Hilton biz, SPG personal, and SPG biz. (well, whatever they are now)

He has amex ED, SPG biz, hilton biz, and amex plat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter