I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't read up recently so don't know if this is an issue with anyone else. I got my first Citi AAdvantage business card. Applied online, got the approval letter and the cc a few days after that. I used the card for approximately 3 purchases. Today I was in Mickey D's and got declined for a $4.27 lunch:rolleyes:. I called Citi 3 times and every agent told me something different (I originally called from my work cell, they told me to call from my personal cell (which is the number that is on my application), then another agent said to call from a landline. I got home and called from my landline and they still "could not verify who I was" WTH! I gave them security answers and everything. Then they wanted my work number because they wanted to call and ask to verify some information with my place of employment". I just got off the phone with a "manager" and she said "sorry, we need more things to verify and we will send you a letter and follow the directions in the letter". I asked her why they didn't verify more information BEFORE they sent me the cc and let me charge on it. She said I can't even cancel the card because there is a "hold" on it. Has anyone ever had issues with Citi cc's before?
Citi can be absolutely crazy. I’ve personally never experienced their verification issues with a card getting declined but I’ve heard stories similar to yours. I’m not sure how you resolve it but I would call back in and ask to speak to a manager and voice your displeasure over the experience and how you were treated. I had an issue clearing verification and getting the card shipped out initially before and the mgr helped me and then expedited my card.

I might also speak to the embarrassment of the card getting declined and try to fish for some courtesy miles. They may throw 5k at you for the trouble :)

Good luck!

(I’ll also second what @bernina said that the issue you describe sounds more like recent Barclays issues BUT I also have heard of citi getting crazy with fraud protection so maybe it’s an AA thing all around LOL!)

Anything that has calories or can trigger an insulin response is not allowed during a fast.

Curious what your take is on artificial sweeteners triggering an insulin response. I did some (minimal Google) research on this a while ago but gave up because I couldn't find any good science--just lots of hype.

I should have added that the bike makes my keister hurt, and thus my dislike.
My recumbent bike has a seat like a chair so it not uncomfortable.
Same here and makes my knees pop
Interesting because that’s why I use a recumbent bike, bad knees. I broke my knee a few years ago and have had 3 surgeries. Can’t run, can’t hike. For some reason, the idea of getting on a regular bike or swimming freaks me out (bad knee can’t support me if I fall and I’m not sure I can kick hard enough to swim)
I love the Grand Floridian at WDW too, but my wife looooves AKL.

At Disneyland, we love the pool area, Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam's at the DLH, and the magical headboards! But the buildings and rooms aren't much. We haven't stayed at the Grand Californian since the rooms were renovated. The old rooms were dark and cluttered. Nothing beats the Grand Californian's lobby at Christmastime. No, not even the Grand Floridian.
On our trip to DLR a couple years ago, I booked breakfast at Grand Californian just so I could admire the place, knowing I will probably never pay to stay there. I have loved it since I saw pics about 15 years ago when there was Craftsman home show there. It must have been shortly after it opened.

Man, I wish we lived somewhere that 30 minutes was far away. lol That is how long it takes to get to any retail, and we don't have anything good. Almost everything in our mall is closing.
Chicago suburbs are one giant strip mall after another. The indoor malls aren’t doing that great, many have multiple empty stores, but they are still building strip malls even when current ones aren’t rented. The Disney stores near us are in outlet malls, one 10 miles away, the other 15 which is a minimum 30 minutes but longer during rush hour.

My recumbent bike has a seat like a chair so it not uncomfortable.

Interesting because that’s why I use a recumbent bike, bad knees. I broke my knee a few years ago and have had 3 surgeries. Can’t run, can’t hike. For some reason, the idea of getting on a regular bike or swimming freaks me out (bad knee can’t support me if I fall and I’m not sure I can kick hard enough to swim)

On our trip to DLR a couple years ago, I booked breakfast at Grand Californian just so I could admire the place, knowing I will probably never pay to stay there. I have loved it since I saw pics about 15 years ago when there was Craftsman home show there. It must have been shortly after it opened.
When I pedal on any bike, real or machine, my knee gets stuck and I have to like kick it out so it pops. It doesn’t hurt, it just needs to pop.

I like to walk or ride a stationary bike while watching a walking video... like walking thru magic kingdom, walking the beach path in Maui.etc. makes it more fun.
Whaaaat? Walking videos??? Do you pull them up on your phone??? Must. Research. This. We have a treadmill at work that I can use (But never do) but if I had something nice to watch....

Haven't read up recently so don't know if this is an issue with anyone else. I got my first Citi AAdvantage business card. Applied online, got the approval letter and the cc a few days after that. I used the card for approximately 3 purchases. Today I was in Mickey D's and got declined for a $4.27 lunch:rolleyes:. I called Citi 3 times and every agent told me something different (I originally called from my work cell, they told me to call from my personal cell (which is the number that is on my application), then another agent said to call from a landline. I got home and called from my landline and they still "could not verify who I was" WTH! I gave them security answers and everything. Then they wanted my work number because they wanted to call and ask to verify some information with my place of employment". I just got off the phone with a "manager" and she said "sorry, we need more things to verify and we will send you a letter and follow the directions in the letter". I asked her why they didn't verify more information BEFORE they sent me the cc and let me charge on it. She said I can't even cancel the card because there is a "hold" on it. Has anyone ever had issues with Citi cc's before?

Yuck. :( I haven't had any problems with mine... yet. But it's taking a long time to meet the MSR since it says I get 5 months and I'm trying to help DD meet her CIP MSR. I hope this get resolved for you soon, and that it's not a sign of things to come.

You all have such good advice for everything else... do you think there is any reason to keep monthly statements for things like utility/cable bills? I am super organized with files and such but it's such a PITA and I really wonder whether it needs to be done. It's hard to let go of paper. I've only allowed myself to do ONE bill (internet) "paperless" in all these years and it still kinda freaks me out.

Has anyone stopped getting (and keeping!) paper copies and regretted it afterwards?

Do you all get paperless on your credit card statements also? Anyone had any trouble? Has there ever been a time you had to go back and research something and wished you had a paper copy?

You all have such good advice for everything else... do you think there is any reason to keep monthly statements for things like utility/cable bills? I am super organized with files and such but it's such a PITA and I really wonder whether it needs to be done. It's hard to let go of paper. I've only allowed myself to do ONE bill (internet) "paperless" in all these years and it still kinda freaks me out.

Has anyone stopped getting (and keeping!) paper copies and regretted it afterwards?

Do you all get paperless on your credit card statements also? Anyone had any trouble? Has there ever been a time you had to go back and research something and wished you had a paper copy?

Paperless all the way on anything that will let me. No regrets and no issues that I’ve run into. Unless you’re saving items for tax or reimbursement purposes then I don’t see an issue moving to paperless and purging.

Even if you do need a record, moving to paperless would still work just fine. Just download your statements and save in organized folders on your computer.

Paperless all the way on anything that will let me. No regrets and no issues that I’ve run into. Unless you’re saving items for tax or reimbursement purposes then I don’t see an issue moving to paperless and purging.

Even if you do need a record, moving to paperless would still work just fine. Just download your statements and save in organized folders on your computer.
I didn't know you could download statements! That's a great idea. Thank you!

I changed everything to paperless. Get very few things by mail. I love it. Like you, I was afraid to throw away, but since I don't have it, I don't miss it. You can usually go back pretty far with credit cards and banks. Haven't needed anything I don't have, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter