I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A small piece of me was thinking about working at the Disney Store a shift a week just to get the discounts. Someone said once that they get the perks for the parks as well. :wave:
If we had a store close by, I might consider it. Sadly they closed the store nearest us and the closest ones are at least a 30 min drive.

If we had a store close by, I might consider it. Sadly they closed the store nearest us and the closest ones are at least a 30 min drive.
This is same for us. My dd really wanted to work at the Disney store but they closed the one by us and it’s 30 mins (in no traffic) to the closest one.

Just wondering, what is your style?

Im not sure what my style is in general but I can tell you my favorite Disney hotel theme is definitely the Disneyland hotel. At World? My favorite theming is probably the Grand Floridian (I like to pretend I’m rich) and the Beach Club.

ETA SOs favorite theming is the Grand Californian and the Polynesian. That’s where we are tentatively buying DVC.

Our California trip is coming along nicely. Booked the Hotel Del Coronado with Hilton points DH and I got from the no fee Hilton personal card. Used 190,000 HH points to book a two queen room in the Victorian Building.

I also have stays booked at the:
Hyatt House Anaheim for DL and the Hyatt Place SNA for arrival night.
Hyatt Regency Embarcadero in San Francisco
Palazzo in Las Vegas using IHG points.

I got an offer to add AUs on my platinum for 5,000 MRs. Can I take advantage of this but only get my AUs the Gold card? Or do I need to pay the $175 fee for the platinum?

I can confirm a gold card works. I added both my daughter and brother and have already received the 5000 points from DD’s AU gold card. Haven’t met the full $500 spend on my brothers card yet. He’s using the global entry credit from it.

Im not sure what my style is in general but I can tell you my favorite Disney hotel theme is definitely the Disneyland hotel. At World? My favorite theming is probably the Grand Floridian (I like to pretend I’m rich) and the Beach Club.

ETA SOs favorite theming is the Grand Californian and the Polynesian. That’s where we are tentatively buying DVC.

Fake it until you make it! 🤑

I love the Grand Floridian at WDW too, but my wife looooves AKL.

At Disneyland, we love the pool area, Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam's at the DLH, and the magical headboards! But the buildings and rooms aren't much. We haven't stayed at the Grand Californian since the rooms were renovated. The old rooms were dark and cluttered. Nothing beats the Grand Californian's lobby at Christmastime. No, not even the Grand Floridian.

At Disneyland, we love the pool area, Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam's at the DLH, and the magical headboards! But the buildings and rooms aren't much. We haven't stayed at the Grand Californian since the rooms were renovated. The old rooms were dark and cluttered. Nothing beats the Grand Californian's lobby at Christmastime. No, not even the Grand Floridian.

I agree with all of this. The DLH is Disney but also like tropical and it’s just perfect. The pool area is beautiful and I love that the buildings are themed to different area of the park. Also, I stayed at the Grand Californian right after New Years and the stuff was still up for a few days and it is the best hotel at Christmas

That is amazing! I started 16:8 (fasting for 16 hours a day eating for 8), on my 3rd week. Don't think I have lost any weight yet, but was very impressed with some of the possible benefits. As long as you aren't binging you should be eating less calories overall, and hopefully opting for healthier choices-less carbs and higher protein to keep you fuller longer, I feel like it has drastically reduced my snacking. We will see what happens, I too feel like fasting is sustainable overtime. Lots of different options with lengths of fasting.

I do the same, 16:8. I lost about 7 lbs within 6-8 weeks or so. I like it because I don't really have to think, just watch the time. I'm too lazy to count any calories or carbs, etc. I used to have issues with getting hangry and low blood sugar issues (in the 60's and feeling like I was going to pass out) but haven't had those issues in a while either. Hoping to stop being lazy soon and add in some exercise. 😉

DH's Hilton Aspire came in the mail and I've never felt so conflicted to get a new card. Did chat again to confirm the SUB - was told $250 statement credit after spending $1000 and 150k points after $4000. Thought whaaa?? Did I stumble upon a new, better offer? Googled it - don't think it's a thing. Did they get confused with the resort credit? :faint:

Have any of you been at WDW for July 4? Dh asked about going, but I'm not sure we want to do that.

We were there last year. Arrived about 4pm and there were people already sitting for the fireworks. Tried to get into the hub about 8 pm and they had already closed the area. We hung out behind the castle for awhile and then there was a rain delay. Ended up watching the fireworks from Sleepy Hollow which isn't ideal. Last year there are very few projections on the castle, so it really wasn't necessary to watch from the hub. We would have been better off to watch in Frontierland or stayed behind the castle. They do rope off sections so it is incredibly difficult to maneuver between areas around the Fireworks time.

I think you are staying onsite, so leaving shouldn't be too difficult. We had rented a house and it took us probably 2 hours to get to our car. We walked to the Contemporary and caught the 2nd train. The issue was the parking tram. The trams were coming consistently for the other side, but not our side. We waited at least an hour on a tram. Probably the worst behavior at Disney I have ever seen with folks being nasty to each other trying to get a seat on the tram. We didn't walk since we were at the end of the parking area, but in hindsight should have walked to the first tram stop and then boarded. We paid big bucks to stay at the Contemporary on NYE based on this experience! Hope you have a great time!!

ETA: I can't keep up with your trips! I think you are staying onsite this weekend, not the 4th. We only waited until 11ish to leave, but I would think it would be better if you waited longer.

Last edited:
Haven't read up recently so don't know if this is an issue with anyone else. I got my first Citi AAdvantage business card. Applied online, got the approval letter and the cc a few days after that. I used the card for approximately 3 purchases. Today I was in Mickey D's and got declined for a $4.27 lunch:rolleyes:. I called Citi 3 times and every agent told me something different (I originally called from my work cell, they told me to call from my personal cell (which is the number that is on my application), then another agent said to call from a landline. I got home and called from my landline and they still "could not verify who I was" WTH! I gave them security answers and everything. Then they wanted my work number because they wanted to call and ask to verify some information with my place of employment". I just got off the phone with a "manager" and she said "sorry, we need more things to verify and we will send you a letter and follow the directions in the letter". I asked her why they didn't verify more information BEFORE they sent me the cc and let me charge on it. She said I can't even cancel the card because there is a "hold" on it. Has anyone ever had issues with Citi cc's before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter