• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't believe how fast this is all happening.
I remember back when you DH was interviewing for the job he didn't get and the applied and got called for several all over the USA. I told DH that see, people actually do apply for jobs where they have no connections and get them. I was making a point because he told me he can't just app to jobs in Charleston without connections and that the good jobs come from networking. Meanwhile, here you are moving, and here I am stuck in TN.:badpc: No, really, happy for you though!

Poor DH. Too be fair software engineers are in a huge demand especially ones that can code well lol. SO applied for a job in Orlando a few weeks ago and they did ask why he was looking to move there. Good thing he didn’t say Disney lol he ended up getting an offer but the salary was 30,000 lower than what he is making now and had 17 days less PTO so moving is on hold for us too right now lol

Any advice for adding a guest to a "Bonvoy" reservation online? Really its a Westin reservation that was made a long time before the Bonvoy program for a wedding and its had like 3 different reservation numbers. LOL

Trying to figure out if I can just add the name of the guest that will be checking-in separately without having to call.

Just tagging you here to note that the situation you're describing and the issue we're concerned about are different. :) These people do not see the bonus miles on their statement at all, and I've seen Citi AA miles post when you meet the MSR just a day or 2 ahead of stmt close. There is a legitimate concern that some people will never see their miles after meeting the MSR.
I didn’t see anywhere on the Reddit thread that the guy checked his statement. He said it closed and no miles. My statement closed, no miles. I can’t even check the statement from the app, I have to log in from a desktop or from safari on mobile. He didn’t mention any of that. I wasn’t referring to anyone else.

Last edited:

I didn’t see anywhere on the Reddit thread that the guy checked his statement. He said it closed and no miles. My statement closed, no miles. I can’t even check the statement from the app, I have to log in from a desktop or from safari on mobile. He didn’t mention any of that. I’m wasn’t referring to anyone else.
Understood - and yeah it's possible he didn't check the statement. I would like to assume that he was smart enough to check the statement and see that no bonus miles were listed as that's the first place any smart person would go (but r/churning isn't exactly full of smart people).

I just wanted to tag that comment and make sure that everybody understands what is going on here right now. There are legitimate DPs of people meeting the MSR and not seeing the points on their statement (or in their account obviously for that matter). We're definitely in a frustrating position with AA and Citi on this right now but since we're completely taking advantage of a loophole there, it's not like we can ask for clarity haha!

Time to watch Bring it On :happytv: I also grabbed the two sisterhood of the traveling pants movies. I like the 2nd one more but it's been a bit for those too. I stop watching things on dvd when they are on tv all the time and then they stop and I have to get the dvd's out. That's why I bought Accepted, that's a fantastic movie that is totally underrated.

Understood - and yeah it's possible he didn't check the statement. I would like to assume that he was smart enough to check the statement and see that no bonus miles were listed as that's the first place any smart person would go (but r/churning isn't exactly full of smart people).

I just wanted to tag that comment and make sure that everybody understands what is going on here right now. There are legitimate DPs of people meeting the MSR and not seeing the points on their statement (or in their account obviously for that matter). We're definitely in a frustrating position with AA and Citi on this right now but since we're completely taking advantage of a loophole there, it's not like we can ask for clarity haha!
I’m making no assumptions he’s that smart. Lol. He said they “pulled”the bonus, yet no one ever told him that. He made that up on his own. I’m also concerned about others’ bonuses not posting. I’m just not sure this guy is a legit DP.

Any advice for adding a guest to a "Bonvoy" reservation online? Really its a Westin reservation that was made a long time before the Bonvoy program for a wedding and its had like 3 different reservation numbers. LOL

Trying to figure out if I can just add the name of the guest that will be checking-in separately without having to call.
I haven’t seen a way to do it online. I don’t think you can even do it when making the reservation online now. Seems they took a step backwards with the “update”. If someone knows the trick I’d be happy to hear it too :)

I’m making no assumptions he’s that smart. Lol. He said they “pulled”the bonus, yet no one ever told him that. He made that up on his own. I’m also concerned about others’ bonuses not posting. I’m just not sure this guy is a legit DP.
Agreed :)

I was actually doubting the legitimacy of all of it until @platamama shared that DP here. (And then I noted Gonzo’s comment too and I trust him on r/churning).

Agreed :)

I was actually doubting the legitimacy of all of it until @platamama shared that DP here. (And then I noted Gonzo’s comment too and I trust him on r/churning).

Do you think DoC is referring to this DP?

https://twitter.com/drofcredit/status/1130253782774738944?s=21

Did something new tonight: redeemed some MRs for a $100 Hotels.com giftcard. It was just under 15k points, which didn't seem to bad all in all. I ended up having to change the hotel from my BFFs wedding this weekend. Ended up paying $18 out of pocket. Not too shabby.

Going to Champaign, IL. Not exactly a vacation destination, lol.

I scheduled three plastiq mortgage payments to take advantage of the 1% promo. The payment can't be over $2,000 and my mortgage is $2,254 so I scheduled 3 $2,000 payments and then 3 $254 payments. Only got the 1% promo on the $2,000. Hopefully there is no issue getting both payments credited each month!

Last edited:

I think you are going to have to call. The Starwood website used to let you add an additional name in the "comments" section. This section doesn't exist on the new website. I have called and added my name to reservations w/o any issues (Marriott account is in dh's name).

I’m unsure when DoC does these cryptic tweets haha! It could definitely be something around the whole “match is dead” comments that are circulating. A lot of people are trying to make that a “truth”.

So I’ll chime in and say this: I don’t think match is dead. I would recommend anybody going for their first AA biz to absolutely request a match...multiple times even!! HOWEVER for those on a 2nd card and beyond...I would caution you to weigh the risk of eyes on your account vs the reward of a match. That’s why I’m just pursuing the highest offer and avoiding matches going forward. I also wouldn’t judge anybody who wants to keep pursuing the “dummy” offer and asking for matches (that risk just isn’t for me).

I, currently, have 3 reservations going on for the SeaWorld/Aquatica portion of our FL trip next month (Sun-Wed) 3 nights at Renaissance, 3 night at SpringHill Suites and 2 night at the Renaissance and one night TBD. This is the only portion we are paying OOP for since the rooms are so cheap. On Wed, we move to our club level room at RPR so I figure if I do the Tues close to Universal (not that SW is far) then we can just check-in to RPR and use the club for breakfast. Last time we stayed at the Renaissance we had an awesome upgrade to a theme park view room on the top floor. But I am thinking why should I pay the resort and parking fees for the 3rd night if we are just leaving that morning. The SpringHill is a placeholder since it was $160 less plus no parking fee but without the luxury of the Renaissance. Any recommendations for close to Universal?

I haven’t seen a way to do it online. I don’t think you can even do it when making the reservation online now. Seems they took a step backwards with the “update”. If someone knows the trick I’d be happy to hear it too :)

I think you are going to have to call. The Starwood website used to let you add an additional name in the "comments" section. This section doesn't exist on the new website. I have called and added my name to reservations w/o any issues (Marriott account is in dh's name).
Thank you both! I figured it would be problematic with the "enhancements" because the previous notes/reservation details could not be seen by the 1-888 Marriott reservation number. Only the Westin itself still had/saw the information. I will ask when I call to see if we're missing anything (I doubt it). I am probably going to call the Westin directly. They seemed more helpful/competent in the past.

Is it because Southwest doesn't do red-eye flights?

Southwest Will Not Launch Red-Eye Flights From Hawaii - TPG

Yup because there's no way to get from HI to the midwest/east coast without one, at least there never used to be. I think you'd have to leave HI at 6am or so for it to work and I don't know that they have flights that early to the mainland or at least they didn't used to. That time change is messes with everything. I would guess if there was a way for SW to do it without a red eye they would already have it in place. Honestly I don't understand why they won't do a red eye from HI to the west coast so you get in around 6am and then can catch your connecting flight to the midwest/east coast. There would be plenty of people to fill these planes, instead the other airlines are going to keep maximizing on it I imagine especially if they offer competitive prices.

AAA opinions? Mainly signed up a few years ago for DHs peace of mind when I would drive back to NE alone. This is my renewal month and I'm trying to decide if I should, being as I've never used it really, maybe a hotel discount once or twice though I've never had to show the card. On the other hand, its $89...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter