I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not W&M, but at my DD's college late night visits to WAWA are definitely a thing. I'd never heard of it before, since there aren't any near us.

Not the same, but DD's friend has 2 moms, dad was a "donor" and the friend's twin brother really wanted to know more. He did the 23&Me and found 18 other half-siblings in the area. Apparently this guy is successful but doesn't have any kids of his own, but these "kids" are meeting up now. DD's friend said she didn't care about it so didn't bother testing, but it was kind of done for her in this case.
Well it is a good thing they met up knowing they were half siblings, and not the alternative.:rolleyes1

Love everyone using the DNA test kits. Mainly because I cannot wait for the day in my jurisdiction when we get to solve a case using DNA and linking it to test results on one of these websites :magnify:

Not that I think any of you are homicidal.

Nor do I want anybody else to be murdered.

Basically, if we could just solve a cold case this way, I would be really excited about it!

They just used DNA to solve a couple of cold cases from the early 80's here. It's crazy but I don't have a problem with it.

I just remembered that my cousin gave a baby up for adoption when she was in HS. I don't know if they know of each other or not, I didn't even know about this until like 7 years ago. I would have been around 12 when it happened maybe a little younger. That person, I don't even know the gender, would be the only unknown family that could find us through DNA as far as I know. Cray thing is my cousin married that boyfriend and they never had kids, which honestly is for the better as I hope the kid got their intelligence from their dad's side or that the smart's just skipped over my cousin.

I got this too. Does BOA report biz cards to your personal credit report?

No they don't. And I say that having the Alaska biz.

You mean like this guy, the NorCal rapist? https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/NorCal-Rapist-suspect-arrested-27-years-after-13248041.php
He was arrested because a family member had done one of these DNA things, and the police still had the criminal's DNA from decades ago.

Exactly! I think it’s incredible. I haven’t seen any cases like it in my state yet. We have several cold cases in my jurisdiction, so it would be awesome if something like this happened.

remind me on this please....buy the MCGC at staples, then take to BB and use it on the sly for Dis GC? How hard is it? Is there a PIN number or anything? And why is this better than just using a CC at BB directly? Dosh?

Ink Cash/Plus. buy MCGC at 5x. no fee.
Best buy, buy Disney gift card. 5x from MCGC. blah % from whatever u get from SB.

if there is a CC that earns 5x at BBy, then yes, using that CC direct would be the easiest.

couldn’t stand the smell on pig farms.

LOL, we were always told in class "that's the smell of money."

I have a good friend who found her father's family (he was an American GI stationed in Germany and impregnated her mother, then left) through Ancestry DNA. While he died before she could meet him, she has been thrilled to meet cousins, aunts and uncles. Mine, otoh, tells me about cousins I've grown up knowing who "might be a 1st degree cousin." Um, yes, and I have the photos of them in hideous 70s outfits, thanks Ancestry. :rolleyes2

Best buy, buy Disney gift card. 5x from MCGC. blah % from whatever u get from SB.

if there is a CC that earns 5x at BBy, then yes, using that CC direct would be the easiest.

Like card to dosh, get 3% back at staples.

I’m looking at 17.5%off if you count the UR as cash.

remind me on this please....buy the MCGC at staples, then take to BB and use it on the sly for Dis GC? How hard is it? Is there a PIN number or anything? And why is this better than just using a CC at BB directly? Dosh?

@disneymagicgirl - you don’t remember making runs to Best Buy, buying $50 or $100 Disney GCs at a time and scanning your SB QR code to maximize the deal?

As @Albort mentioned, the MCGC is to get a $200 MCGC at an office supply store using CIC for 5x UR. Plus Dosh, Amex/Chase Offers if you have them.

You then take that MCGC to Best Buy, run it like a debit or credit (whichever attracts less attention) to buy a $100 Disney GC. Make sure the cashier scans the SB QR code before you pay.

You want to spend only $100 per day at Best Buy because that gives you the best return with a 750 SB bonus, which usually posts in a few days; plus 2% (sometimes 3% or 4%) on the $100, so another 200 SB. 950 SB on a $100 purchase is 9.5% back + the 5x UR/Dosh/Amex or Chase Offers you got from the MCGC, and whatever Best Buy Rewards based on your Elite level (which no longer work on GCs).

Haha depending on who you ask, Wawa is the greatest gas station ever created. Do you have Sheetz out there? It's very similar to that. Although if there are any Wawa diehards in here, they may attack me for saying that.

Anyways, it's a gas station, but it also has made to order food and drinks and stuff like that. It's a lot nicer than most just random gas stations.
I cringe every time I hear Wawa is a gas station :laughing: But I understand it since some places only know the big gas ones. Just as an educational tidbit, Wawa was actually a dairy turned convenience store/deli. So it's really a convenience store with a gas station (how convenient! Haha) The kinda cult following started when they had a real deli in the store and would make to order the hoagies and whatnot. Some people also swear by the coffee. Personally I think they went downhill after they got too big and all the deli goods went presliced, like Subway does. When they had the deli, they'd slice everything to order and the hoagies were good, good balance of lettuce tomato and onion and filled the roll. I find them lackluster now. But if you don't know any different it's still good :) And we still order them occasionally. I have one of the non gas ones by my house, it's where I do my milk runs. It's on a little, but fairly busy, street and it's busy at all hours of the day as far as I can see (open 24/7, only closes a few days out of the year). They opened one of the big stores with gas just a few minutes down the road on the "big" street a couple years ago and I thought they'd close down "mine" but it's still just as busy as ever. Just like there's Starbucks versus Dunkin donuts, there's Wawa versus 7-11 here.

Last edited:
My dh has the CIP card. Does anyone know if e-z pass counts as "travel". I know it did for another cc but just wanted to double check for the CIP.

Sorry, should of clarified. E-Z pass is for automatic paying for tolls.

Last edited:
Doesn't someone here have a kid planning to attend/attending William & Mary? There's a Wawa within walking distance of campus. I know when I was in college and had friends there, EVERYBODY would go to Wawa late at night for snacks. Don't know if that's still the case, but I would guess so.

Both of my kids are there. DS's apartment is a stone's throw away. At this point, I'm pretty sure he's eating every meal at Wawa - lol. The more I lecture about saving money by cooking at home, the more he charges at Wawa . . .

You can still buy any number of points to use at any time..but Disney started selling fixed weeks too for those who want to vacation the same week and in the same size villa every year

interesting!

Guaranteed weeks started with Aulani and are actually pretty great. They have a 10% price premium up front, but allow you to stay in a certain room accommodation for the same week without having to worry about booking it. It is done automatically for you before the 11-month mark. It also protects you from a reallocation of points down the line. It can be a very popular option for the first two weeks of December (week 48/49). Disney cannot sell more than 35% of one category per resort, per week as a guaranteed week. If you decide you do not want that week one year, you can cancel the reservation and you get your points back to use like a traditional DVC contract.

Thats fantastic! Thank you for sharing. I am exited for the chance at another 105,000 URs. Was your first CIP auto-approved? Just wondering because mine took a few hours of checking the status line to go through.

Yes, auto approved for the first one too. Then I referred DH and applied for his, forgetting his credit was frozen. Oops! So they sent a letter to him telling him to unfreeze his credit & call, then he was approved immediately on the phone. I'm sure everyone's situation is different with approvals, don't really know Chase's algorithms. (Wish I did!)

My dh has the CIP card. Does anyone know if e-z pass counts as "travel". I know it did for another cc but just wanted to double check for the CIP.

Sorry, should of clarified. E-Z pass is for automatic paying for tolls.

Chase counts it for travel for the Sapphire Reserve, so I would be surprised if it did not for the CIP, but I have not tried it personally.

Thank you! He does have his own savings account, he’s starting his first job in 2 weeks and he’ll be in college this fall. He’s not an AU’er, despite using my cards all the time, lol. I’ll add him tomorrow.

I applied for my dd the discover card one week after she turned 18yo which coincided with her high school graduation. She was not in college yet when she got that card but was for the chase cards. Just wanted to clarify that cause I was not clear :)

Completely wrong how? DNA is science, it’s pretty accurate. For DS we did it for possible matches for birth family. For me, I was curious about ethnicity and such. I did find a cousin who lives in A-Z that no one knew existed. DNA match plus historical records to confirm his story. Very cool.
The health info is what’s not as reliable. It’s not that it’s totally wrong, just not a great predictor of future health. Plus you can get it on sale for $60-70.
This is why Dh says I shouldn’t try it: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insideedition.com/investigative/21784-how-reliable-are-home-dna-ancestry-tests-investigation-uses-triplets-to-find-out?amp

I got an offer to upgrade for $100 statement credit. Any reason NOT to do it? Was thinking about using it for OBC for upcoming cruise.

I took Beef Production, Poultry Production and Meat animal Evaluation in my first undergrad degree. Pork Production was out, couldn’t stand the smell on pig farms. None of it deterred me from eating though.

I got this too. Does BOA report biz cards to your personal credit report?

Good to know. BFZ is pretty close to us and I drive by it on the way home from work. They have added a lot recently. Expanded the wolf area. Moved the bears to a great new area, and the penguins are great. They have also added lots of events like concerts and beer tastings which I’m a little equivocal about. I feel like that can stress the animals, but otoh I know they need to raise money.

Crunchy is good. No crackers, chips or anything else crunchy?

Nope

In Mexico too. My grandma grew up in Mexico, moved to the US in early 1920s with her mom and sisters. Their father stayed in Mexico with his medical practice until he retired about 1935 then moved to Iowa to be with his wife. Turns out in those 15 years he had a whole other family. Researching on Ancestry.com, I found his name in 1930 Mexico census with another woman and 3 kids. Didn’t actually figure it out until I was contacted by a man claiming to be the other woman’s great grandson. DNA proved we are related. Great grandpa had 6 daughters with my great grandmother and 3 sons with another woman.

Same for my DS. He will eat raw carrots over cooked any day. Hates mushy food. I fed him mashed banana as a baby. I don’t think he tried banana for another 5 years after that. He’s still not a big fan.
I was only talking about crunchy green beans

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter