I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised TPG hasn't found and figured out a way to work with this product for all the posts about whose armrest is it. Not sure if it's a good idea or not and if I'd be happy that someone was still invading my space with it but at least they shouldn't be touching me, maybe.

81CsUPqdIuL._SY88.jpg

So use AncestryDNA. It is an estimate. Also remember that over centuries, border of countries change. Which means yesterday’s Italy could be tomorrow’s France. At least for AncestryDNA, as they update their info, and data base, your results will also update and refine. It may not be exact, but it’s not “all wrong”. It also depends on what you’re looking for. If you want the chance to identify birth family members, it will do that. If you want an estimate of ethnicity, it can do that. If you want an exact breakdown of ethnicity, no one can give you that.

@disneymagicgirl - you don’t remember making runs to Best Buy, buying $50 or $100 Disney GCs at a time and scanning your SB QR code to maximize the deal?

As @Albort mentioned, the MCGC is to get a $200 MCGC at an office supply store using CIC for 5x UR. Plus Dosh, Amex/Chase Offers if you have them.

You then take that MCGC to Best Buy, run it like a debit or credit (whichever attracts less attention) to buy a $100 Disney GC. Make sure the cashier scans the SB QR code before you pay.

You want to spend only $100 per day at Best Buy because that gives you the best return with a 750 SB bonus, which usually posts in a few days; plus 2% (sometimes 3% or 4%) on the $100, so another 200 SB. 950 SB on a $100 purchase is 9.5% back + the 5x UR/Dosh/Amex or Chase Offers you got from the MCGC, and whatever Best Buy Rewards based on your Elite level (which no longer work on GCs).
Thanks, yes I did the swagbucks thing with amex BB deals before. I don't have a CIC, but I might still have some more chase or amex staples deals. I will have to look and see what is left. Thanks for the rundown! :)

Guaranteed weeks started with Aulani and are actually pretty great. They have a 10% price premium up front, but allow you to stay in a certain room accommodation for the same week without having to worry about booking it. It is done automatically for you before the 11-month mark. It also protects you from a reallocation of points down the line. It can be a very popular option for the first two weeks of December (week 48/49). Disney cannot sell more than 35% of one category per resort, per week as a guaranteed week. If you decide you do not want that week one year, you can cancel the reservation and you get your points back to use like a traditional DVC contract.
oh that is pretty cool!

Surprised TPG hasn't found and figured out a way to work with this product for all the posts about whose armrest is it. Not sure if it's a good idea or not and if I'd be happy that someone was still invading my space with it but at least they shouldn't be touching me, maybe.

81CsUPqdIuL._SY88.jpg
Personally, everyone can agree the middle seat sucks, which, in that case, I give both arm rests to the middle... It's really the only thing they got going for them.

However that doesn't give them license to put their boney elbows in my side for two hours (yep talking to you all sharp edges skinny dude who snuck in last minute standby and ruined mine and window seat's flight a few years ago. Needed one of those subway "stop the spread" campaign posters) That's kind of an interesting product, conceptually.

Personally, everyone can agree the middle seat sucks, which, in that case, I give both arm rests to the middle... It's really the only thing they got going for them.

However that doesn't give them license to put their boney elbows in my side for two hours (yep talking to you all sharp edges skinny dude who snuck in last minute standby and ruined mine and window seat's flight a few years ago. Needed one of those subway "stop the spread" campaign posters) That's kind of an interesting product, conceptually.

I could go with something like that from the armrest down to the legs. I paid for the space between the armrests and sorry but I think I should get to use a teeny bit of it if I'm not in the middle. But I don't want your feet or legs in my space either. I know it's all bad but my being smaller than you doesn't give you the ok to take my space. And yes I will slightly recline my seat, also not sorry, because my back and neck thank me for it and I don't go all the way. Really I just need to get to the point where I have the miles to be a plane princess, stuck as a lady in waiting now princess:

I have big credit card news! And I need help!

I just put the deposit down on a guaranteed week at Riviera. I can’t help it...I love it and after visiting it this last trip I hate OKW (my other direct contract). So my plan is to sell OKW after my trip next month. Considering I have managed to take 4 trips with the points (including the BLT one bedroom for 6 nights) I figure I am coming out ahead if anything. It might make more sense to keep it but at this point I would rather get the money from it. :)

We don’t have the cash right now to pay off cards immediately. So plan is to put the contract on a couple different cards. I just put down payment on my Amex BBP. I am going to put a couple thousand on other cards as well and then the balance on the BBP. Disney is giving me some time; I just need to pay the total $22,000 by June 15.

I want to get cards that are 0% for at least 6 months. I prefer business. I will meet spend of remaining $2k on my Ink cash, and then plan to get the CIU. I am out of slots for possible Amex credit cards and I am 4/24 and don’t want to change that so my plan is to have DH get a couple new cards since he is only 2/24.

Questions:

I was approved for the Cash on 3/15. Do I need to wait until say June 1 for the CIU? I don’t want to wait too long but I don’t want to get into shut down territory.

With Chase DH was finally approved for the Hyatt February 1. I applied weeks before that but because of the security issues we have he wasn’t approved until then. He was approved for Ink on April 11; again after pending a couple weeks. I don’t really want to wait until June 1 because I want enough time for approval for him to get the personal Freedom Unlimited but I also don’t want to be moving too fast. I want the personal FU since it is now the 3% and 15 months 0%.

I have thought about getting DH the Delta Gold Biz since I have the elevated referral offer saved. It has 0% for 6 months. My worry with it though is getting back on the Amex naughty list.

I have also thought about getting him the Discover. It is also 0% for 14 months and cash back first year. Not sure when to get it though.

Any other cards I am missing that are decent sign up bonuses and 0% for at least 6 months?
Congrats on your Riviera purchase!
Not a biz card but the Amex Everyday has 0% for 15 months and $0 balance transfer fee. SUB is 25,000 MR. I picked up this card last year when I needed to float money.

Looks like another Chase shutdown story on r/churning:
10/18 CSR
11/18 CFU
01/19 CIP
02/19 CIC and WOH
04/19 CIP

3/24, ~5 yrs.+ AAoA, but 6 Chase cards in 6 months! :sad2:

Under review after trying to use WOH and got declined on 4/17. Claims he tried buying $500 GC at a drug store (I've been seeing LOTS of reports about $505.95 purchases triggering issues with Chase.) Says spend has been pretty consistent for 3 months

Last edited:
I just don’t want to pay a bunch of money for something like that and it be completely wrong. I won’t technically know any different but I’d like to know it’s accurate
My older brother had very good luck with it. My dad legally adopted him when he was 5 and never had any contact with his biological father but recently found he has 3 additional siblings. One of them had been given up for adoption so she was the one really finding lost siblings. I know he is very happy to have found them.

Last edited:
Just finished setting up the account for DS’s private school tuition. It looks like they will accept a CC for payment but I would need to be towards a MSR for a nice bonus to make it worthwhile and the card needs to be in my name and not DH’s since the payment is linked to my account. So with a $5k looming for 5/1, I need to quickly find a non Chase Biz card (since I’m 6/24) that I can get quick access to. The only Biz I have are the AmEx Gold and SPG. Any recommendations?

Just finished setting up the account for DS’s private school tuition. It looks like they will accept a CC for payment but I would need to be towards a MSR for a nice bonus to make it worthwhile and the card needs to be in my name and not DH’s since the payment is linked to my account. So with a $5k looming for 5/1, I need to quickly find a non Chase Biz card (since I’m 6/24) that I can get quick access to. The only Biz I have are the AmEx Gold and SPG. Any recommendations?

The quickest access with the highest MSR will always be Amex. The BBP has a $3k/10k bonus, but doesn't meet your requirements of big bonus. You could go for the 100k/$10k Biz Plat, but you'd still have to cover the other $5k MSR some other way and it has a high AF ($595). You can get the Hilton Biz, which is 125k/$100SC/$3k, but may not be a big bonus depending on how you value Hilton points. There's the Wells Fargo Biz Platinum if you have access to it, big spend but a simple $500 bonus.

The Capital One Biz Spark has always appealed to me, with a $1k bonus after $10k spend, but that's a high spend, Capital One is very difficult to be approved for as a churner, and I think they report to your personal credit (and I sense you're trying to get back under 5/24 since you want biz only).

Looks like another Chase shutdown story on r/churning: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/c...central_thread_week_of_april_18_2019/el8ce2d/

10/18 CSR
11/18 CFU
01/19 CIP
02/19 CIC and WOH
04/19 CIP2

3/24, ~5 yrs.+ AAoA, but 6 Chase cards in 6 months! :sad2:

Under review after trying to use WOH and got declined on 4/17. Claims he tried buying $500 GC at a drug store (I've been seeing LOTS of issues with $505.95 purchases triggering issues with Chase.) Says spend has been pretty consistent for 3 months

It looks like you can determine whether you’ll suffer a Chase shutdown based on this frame of mind:

9D04813F-4077-484A-B1B8-01AF65A71296.jpeg

The quickest access with the highest MSR will always be Amex. The BBP has a $3k/10k bonus, but doesn't meet your requirements of big bonus. You could go for the 100k/$10k Biz Plat, but you'd still have to cover the other $5k MSR some other way and it has a high AF ($595). You can get the Hilton Biz, which is 125k/$100SC/$3k, but may not be a big bonus depending on how you value Hilton points. There's the Wells Fargo Biz Platinum if you have access to it, big spend but a simple $500 bonus.

The Capital One Biz Spark has always appealed to me, with a $1k bonus after $10k spend, but that's a high spend, Capital One is very difficult to be approved for as a churner, and I think they report to your personal credit (and I sense you're trying to get back under 5/24 since you want biz only).
Thanks. There’s a $150 fee for using CC so I was trying to offset that fee. But I’d rather get something rather than nothing since it’ll be over $20k a year, split into 4 payments. I get back under in Sept/Oct, if not it’s 1/20.

For the Hilton, is that via a dummy booking? Would it be better to self-refer via my Biz Gold for 20k MR? I just want to make sure I can get access to CC # before it automatically withdraws from my checking on 5/1. It will be much easier for 8/1 payment since there will be more time to plan.

Thanks. There’s a $150 fee for using CC so I was trying to offset that fee. But I’d rather get something rather than nothing since it’ll be over $20k a year, split into 4 payments. I get back under in Sept/Oct, if not it’s 1/20.

For the Hilton, is that via a dummy booking? Would it be better to self-refer via my Biz Gold for 20k MR? I just want to make sure I can get access to CC # before it automatically withdraws from my checking on 5/1. It will be much easier for 8/1 payment since there will be more time to plan.
Yes, that offer is through dummy booking, but the support link is the same just without the statement credit, so you'd be paying $95 for those 20k MR and a 125k/3k offer.

2020 Spring Break trip to Italy is coming together. Booked our airport hotel in Milan using Hilton points. Waiting for flights to open up in the next month so I can book those as well. I have Airbnbs in Rome and Venice already booked and we will do a day trip to the Amalfi Coast from Rome.

In terms of churning, I’m waiting to get under 5/24 so I can grab some Chase business cards. Looks like I’ll be under in November. For now, I’m using the cards I already have (Chase Sapphire Reserve (travel) and Amex Platinum and Amex BBP for everyday spend). I’m using my Discover It for gas and Chase Freedom for grocery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter