I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t want to pay a bunch of money for something like that and it be completely wrong. I won’t technically know any different but I’d like to know it’s accurate
Completely wrong how? DNA is science, it’s pretty accurate. For DS we did it for possible matches for birth family. For me, I was curious about ethnicity and such. I did find a cousin who lives in A-Z that no one knew existed. DNA match plus historical records to confirm his story. Very cool.
The health info is what’s not as reliable. It’s not that it’s totally wrong, just not a great predictor of future health. Plus you can get it on sale for $60-70.

Love everyone using the DNA test kits. Mainly because I cannot wait for the day in my jurisdiction when we get to solve a case using DNA and linking it to test results on one of these websites :magnify:

Not that I think any of you are homicidal.

Nor do I want anybody else to be murdered.

Basically, if we could just solve a cold case this way, I would be really excited about it!

I got an email offer to upgrade my Disney Visa to the Disney Premier for a $49 AF and $50 statement credit after one purchase. There's no need to do this, right? Does the Premier have support links? If I'm being honest, that's the only reason I still have the plain no-AF Disney card open
I got an offer to upgrade for $100 statement credit. Any reason NOT to do it? Was thinking about using it for OBC for upcoming cruise.

butcher class as an undergrad
I took Beef Production, Poultry Production and Meat animal Evaluation in my first undergrad degree. Pork Production was out, couldn’t stand the smell on pig farms. None of it deterred me from eating though.

Getting far behind because kids take a lot of time and energy!

But, BOA sent me an email to apply for a Business Advantage Business Card with no annual fee, a 3% pick your own category and a $300 statement credit after spending 3K in 3 months.

Any positive or negative comments? I have the Amtrak card from them.
I got this too. Does BOA report biz cards to your personal credit report?

Chicago's Brookfield Zoo is larger land wise, but Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo I think has so much more. They have been updating and adding so many new things over the past years and making such great use of what is available. I have not been to Brookfield in years so most my current info is second hand but most my Chicago friends I talk to are still WOW'ed by the Omaha Zoo.
Good to know. BFZ is pretty close to us and I drive by it on the way home from work. They have added a lot recently. Expanded the wolf area. Moved the bears to a great new area, and the penguins are great. They have also added lots of events like concerts and beer tastings which I’m a little equivocal about. I feel like that can stress the animals, but otoh I know they need to raise money.
Ew no lol. They’re all crunchy
Crunchy is good. No crackers, chips or anything else crunchy?

Any Amex SPG Luxury card holders or Amex SPG Biz card holders get their new cards in the mail yet?
Nope
I did ancestry.com. It was less than $60. My bio-dad got my mom pregnant as a teen and then wanted no part of raising a child. I've always known who he was and even reached out to him once. His family comes up in my ancestry list but only those who have had their dna done through the site. You can upload your results to another site to get more hits but I've not done that yet. I totally think these tests are accurate. Many on my mom's side have been doing this and the info we are learning is pretty amazing (it seems in backwoods TX and LA in the early 1900's, people were pretty bored and weren't really honoring their marriage vows...!).
In Mexico too. My grandma grew up in Mexico, moved to the US in early 1920s with her mom and sisters. Their father stayed in Mexico with his medical practice until he retired about 1935 then moved to Iowa to be with his wife. Turns out in those 15 years he had a whole other family. Researching on Ancestry.com, I found his name in 1930 Mexico census with another woman and 3 kids. Didn’t actually figure it out until I was contacted by a man claiming to be the other woman’s great grandson. DNA proved we are related. Great grandpa had 6 daughters with my great grandmother and 3 sons with another woman.
My DS will is the opposite as you. He only eats crunchy food :sad2:.
Same for my DS. He will eat raw carrots over cooked any day. Hates mushy food. I fed him mashed banana as a baby. I don’t think he tried banana for another 5 years after that. He’s still not a big fan.

Love everyone using the DNA test kits. Mainly because I cannot wait for the day in my jurisdiction when we get to solve a case using DNA and linking it to test results on one of these websites :magnify:

Basically, if we could just solve a cold case this way, I would be really excited about it!
I read those cases now with interest. I haven’t done anything to get caught at so I’m fine. I’d actually be ok with my DNA helping catch a criminal. I mean if you don’t want to get caught, don’t commit a crime.

Please tell me this is a typo. If not, what is it?

Also, I thought potatoes were pretty ok for us in moderation like anything else. Plus they are so tasty and versatile.
Autocorrect fail. Was supposed to be “chicken or”. Thought I fixed it before anyone noticed. :blush:

And yes on things in moderation. Even potatoes

YESS!!! Mine too! I had 7 bonuses I was waiting on. Guess I'll go back and look at that Staples no fee deal on the MC this week to flip into disney using SB/BB after all....

Me too! I was thinking I'd skip it but I'll go ahead and pick some up now. I currently have enough URs and GCs to finish paying off our trip, but I want to get us MNSSHP tickets.

I was auto-approved for my 2nd CIP with SSN yesterday. My first was in mid-January with a $9000 CL which I lowered to $3000 before I applied for the 2nd, which also comes with a $9000 CL.

I had recently closed my CSP and lowered the limits on my CF and Marriott cards to $5000 and $8000.
Thats fantastic! Thank you for sharing. I am excited for the chance at another 105,000 URs. Was your first CIP auto-approved? Just wondering because mine took a few hours of checking the status line to go through.

Last edited:

Just me :rolleyes1
YESS!!! Mine too! I had 7 bonuses I was waiting on. Guess I'll go back and look at that Staples no fee deal on the MC this week to flip into disney using SB/BB after all....
Yay! And same, may reconsider the Staples deal now that everything is good. I've also got some Visa GCs to flip and was waiting for reports to come in

I have big credit card news! And I need help!

I just put the deposit down on a guaranteed week at Riviera. I can’t help it...I love it and after visiting it this last trip I hate OKW (my other direct contract). So my plan is to sell OKW after my trip next month. Considering I have managed to take 4 trips with the points (including the BLT one bedroom for 6 nights) I figure I am coming out ahead if anything. It might make more sense to keep it but at this point I would rather get the money from it. :)

We don’t have the cash right now to pay off cards immediately. So plan is to put the contract on a couple different cards. I just put down payment on my Amex BBP. I am going to put a couple thousand on other cards as well and then the balance on the BBP. Disney is giving me some time; I just need to pay the total $22,000 by June 15.

I want to get cards that are 0% for at least 6 months. I prefer business. I will meet spend of remaining $2k on my Ink cash, and then plan to get the CIU. I am out of slots for possible Amex credit cards and I am 4/24 and don’t want to change that so my plan is to have DH get a couple new cards since he is only 2/24.

Questions:

I was approved for the Cash on 3/15. Do I need to wait until say June 1 for the CIU? I don’t want to wait too long but I don’t want to get into shut down territory.

With Chase DH was finally approved for the Hyatt February 1. I applied weeks before that but because of the security issues we have he wasn’t approved until then. He was approved for Ink on April 11; again after pending a couple weeks. I don’t really want to wait until June 1 because I want enough time for approval for him to get the personal Freedom Unlimited but I also don’t want to be moving too fast. I want the personal FU since it is now the 3% and 15 months 0%.

I have thought about getting DH the Delta Gold Biz since I have the elevated referral offer saved. It has 0% for 6 months. My worry with it though is getting back on the Amex naughty list.

I have also thought about getting him the Discover. It is also 0% for 14 months and cash back first year. Not sure when to get it though.

Any other cards I am missing that are decent sign up bonuses and 0% for at least 6 months?
party:
Congratulations!​

That is so exciting! Glad you fell in love with Riviera and are getting what you want PLUS 50 years of direct benefits. Those gondolas should make the trips to Epcot and DHS so easy. What a great choice! You won't regret selling OKW if its not where you want to stay. Plus you had the extended contract so it will be worth more. Which guaranteed week did you go for at Riviera?

I think I may need to rethink my idea for VGF direct. Still haven't heard for my desired use year (the September one came up, but I passed). After my last two stays there, I need a little break from the resort. Maybe I should do a Riviera tour when I am down there to see what it looks like in person (the renderings online looked like a more European VGF... definitely lush!). Some FP+ and a hopeful gift card offer wouldn't hurt.

I can't really help with the plan for 0% financing with business cards, but was so excited about the news!

I never used YNAB. I do like Every Dollar. I find that it is super easy and user friendly. Both DH and I both have the app on our phones so we both have access to our budget and know what we can spend. You can also use it on a desktop.
I will check it out. Thank you.

Doesn't someone here have a kid planning to attend/attending William & Mary? There's a Wawa within walking distance of campus. I know when I was in college and had friends there, EVERYBODY would go to Wawa late at night for snacks. Don't know if that's still the case, but I would guess so.

Not W&M, but at my DD's college late night visits to WAWA are definitely a thing. I'd never heard of it before, since there aren't any near us.

I just don’t want to pay a bunch of money for something like that and it be completely wrong. I won’t technically know any different but I’d like to know it’s accurate

Not the same, but DD's friend has 2 moms, dad was a "donor" and the friend's twin brother really wanted to know more. He did the 23&Me and found 18 other half-siblings in the area. Apparently this guy is successful but doesn't have any kids of his own, but these "kids" are meeting up now. DD's friend said she didn't care about it so didn't bother testing, but it was kind of done for her in this case.

@disneymagicgirl

I really enjoyed my stay there! I would say it is comparable to a Value resort at Disney but with a separate kids sleeping area. I loved that! You could fit up to 3 kids! The pics of my kids on the floor- that is in front of the adults bed.It was probably a Queen.
View attachment 395312

The rooms are in these Cottages/Mini Houses. 2 rooms per house and there is a playground in each section which was great! We could just open the doors and the kids could play/run around! The room is Lego themed which my kids loved it!
View attachment 395321 View attachment 395322

The pool area was great, there was a sand area, bigger playground and a zero entry pool. The pool is small comparing to Disney resorts but they have the giant Lego pieces that they play with!
Buffet breakfast is included and was better than expected. My son has food allergies (eggs and peanuts) so we arrived right when they opened so we were not worried about cross contamination. They had bacon, sausage, eggs, potatoes, pancakes, French toast, breakfast burritos, biscuits and gravy, fruits, yogurt, some pasteries, bagel, white bread and individual cereal bowls.
View attachment 395329
Cons: The pool only opened at 11am and unlike the Legoland Hotel this hotel is across the street from Legoland. So you need to drive. But is literally just across the main road and they do offer a shuttle.

Legoland is soooo easy compared to Disney. It was weird having to look at the map but after a few hours I did not even need the map anymore.

Again I totally recommend if you have a Lego fan like my DS.
View attachment 395330

I'm so sorry, my other post was misleading. haha! I was interested in the reddington beach doubletree. Thanks for the Legoland review too, though!

You mean like this guy, the NorCal rapist? https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/NorCal-Rapist-suspect-arrested-27-years-after-13248041.php
He was arrested because a family member had done one of these DNA things, and the police still had the criminal's DNA from decades ago.

Thank you! He does have his own savings account, he’s starting his first job in 2 weeks and he’ll be in college this fall. He’s not an AU’er, despite using my cards all the time, lol. I’ll add him tomorrow.
The AUs will help him. My DD19 is on a couple of mine and her score is 760 on CK. I need to have her open a discover credit card, just haven't taken the time.

remind me on this please....buy the MCGC at staples, then take to BB and use it on the sly for Dis GC? How hard is it? Is there a PIN number or anything? And why is this better than just using a CC at BB directly? Dosh?

party:
Congratulations!​

That is so exciting! Glad you fell in love with Riviera and are getting what you want PLUS 50 years of direct benefits. Those gondolas should make the trips to Epcot and DHS so easy. What a great choice! You won't regret selling OKW if its not where you want to stay. Plus you had the extended contract so it will be worth more. Which guaranteed week did you go for at Riviera?

I think I may need to rethink my idea for VGF direct. Still haven't heard for my desired use year (the September one came up, but I passed). After my last two stays there, I need a little break from the resort. Maybe I should do a Riviera tour when I am down there to see what it looks like in person (the renderings online looked like a more European VGF... definitely lush!). Some FP+ and a hopeful gift card offer wouldn't hurt.

I can't really help with the plan for 0% financing with business cards, but was so excited about the news!

You have to buy a certain week now for the new place, as opposed to using points when you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter