I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fall was more reason for me to be team logan. Though I do admit part of it is because I like Matt Czuchry more than the other two, I'll watch him in stuff but don't seek the others out. Plus Dean just seemed like a limp noodle. Logan is just good eye candy :)
Logan is definitely good eye candy lol. I liked dean until he got over protective about everything and then it just went even more downhill from there. I didn’t like Jess at all

It is a shame that kids these days have no idea that SNL used to actually be funny...I'm sure everybody has their favorite era (70s, 80s, 90s) but I'd imagine almost everybody here can agree that from the mid 2000s on it's just gotten pretty terrible...
My family never watched SNL and I still haven’t really seen it before. We watched MadTv though

You have 2 options:
1) find out what happened and tweet AA and tell them what replacement flights you want. If the flight doesn't exist anymore good bet it's been cancelled. Personally, I would roll with that idea and tweet (DM!) AA and tell them "my flight was cancelled under res# I want to be re-booked on flight # on day X"

2) call. personally I hate calling, you may have to call anyway but I'd give 1 a go first.

Don't waste time. Get this ball rolling now. You're competing with everyone else on that flight. If you want I can look your flight up on expert flyer, you would need to DM the flight number, airline and date though here on the DIS.

So I looked into it more and it looks like AS kept a similar flight, changed the departure/arrival times by 4 minutes but it has a different flight number. Can't imagine they had two exact flights just 4 minutes apart so I guess when they changed it the flight number changed? And so "my" flight is off the schedule but this similar (same) one is still there. The AA leg is still showing on the schedule so I'd like to keep that and just update the first AS leg.

Wasn't sure if there was a different protocol for when the partner changed their leg. There is a more desirable AS flight time that would work but I don't think it was an available awards option before, and it definitely isn't now. I know if it was AA I should be able to change to it but with it being a partner is there restrictions? I'm ok with the same flight times if that's all I get, but if I can get more, why not? :p

Logan is definitely good eye candy lol. I liked dean until he got over protective about everything and then it just went even more downhill from there. I didn’t like Jess at all

I stopped liking him when he started having issues with Jess, who always bugged me.

So I looked into it more and it looks like AS kept a similar flight, changed the departure/arrival times by 4 minutes but it has a different flight number. Can't imagine they had two exact flights just 4 minutes apart so I guess when they changed it the flight number changed? And so "my" flight is off the schedule but this similar (same) one is still there. The AA leg is still showing on the schedule so I'd like to keep that and just update the first AS leg.

Wasn't sure if there was a different protocol for when the partner changed their leg. There is a more desirable AS flight time that would work but I don't think it was an available awards option before, and it definitely isn't now. I know if it was AA I should be able to change to it but with it being a partner is there restrictions? I'm ok with the same flight times if that's all I get, but if I can get more, why not? :p

They were messing around with flights times and numbers about a month ago. Both my flights changed by a couple minutes and the flight numbers changed. I accepted the change and then a week or so later the flight numbers changed back to what they were to start with. I've no idea what AS is doing. I've had more flight changes on these two August flights than in my past few trips with them combined. It's weird.

Honestly I would call AA and see what they can do. Know the flight you're good with that just changed numbers and the flight you'd prefer and see what they say. Since they didn't change it automatically like they should have you might be able to get the other flight, hard to say but I've always had good luck with changing flights around after changes, granted it was with Delta. It can't hurt to ask, worse case you'll end up on the flight with the new number that you should have been on to begin with if they'd been paying attention.

Girl...you gotta get on the train! Get yourself that 40k dummy booking offer + $250 statement credit. It's a biz card and has a $2k MSR. You sell the gift card and get $200 cash on raise.com (so you have a 10% return before you even factor in the miles). If you have no other use for the AA miles at a minimum you could get ~$160 in Disney gift cards (or $240 if you can score the 20k match). You could also sit on the 40k (or 60k) AA miles to see if a better use comes along.
I must confess that when GrAAvy Train talk comes around my eyes roll into the back of my head. Just from what little I have gleaned it seems like you are buying codes on Redditt every three months, although I seem to recall there has been a change in that just recently.

Coming off of a week sick in bed, spending ALL last night filling out extension info, and getting to bed at 6am, I'm not sure I am ready to tackle this. I really think my age is not only creeping up on me, it has now steam rolled over me much like a real train!

Any other easier options for a feeble minded old lady? LOL Also, I can't take on any more than 1k, the amount of the bill, right now. I have the 5k Bonblah, and the $500 Freedom that is now mostly met after paying my propane bill with it. I have paid two months in advance on my bills and don't want to take the money out of savings to further pay ahead. I guess if I have to I will just put it on the CIU for 1.5 UR. I really need 16k UR asap to book my cruise next October before that option goes away.

Strange observation about my CIP approval today...

I found out because of the Chase - Mint notification that I received. Basically I told Mint to update with any new Chase accounts. Then I called the automated status line after rolling out of bed to confirm. The weird thing is I don't have any other biz cards so my Chase profile is personal only. My CIP isn't appearing in my Chase account OR on Mint... So somehow, Chase's back system knows I got a new card, but I can't see it on my Chase profile, the Chase app or Mint, LOL! Just a weird observation...

LOL So still can I! Add that on to the 2k I still need to squeeze outta the Bonblah.......! :teacher::scared1:
Nothing a little Venmo can't handle...

Serious Side Note: Will your Dentist let you put those charges on a Visa Gift Card? I know mine has let me use VGCs before (even when I had to pay in 3 separate transactions to use up 3x$200 cards. Perhaps you could buy a couple of $500 VGCs or MCGCs at Walgreen's or somewhere and make that spend hit your AMEX after all! You'd end up paying ~$10-$12 in fees or something like that but no big deal!

Nothing a little Venmo can't handle...

Serious Side Note: Will your Dentist let you put those charges on a Visa Gift Card? I know mine has let me use VGCs before (even when I had to pay in 3 separate transactions to use up 3x$200 cards. Perhaps you could buy a couple of $500 VGCs or MCGCs at Walgreen's or somewhere and make that spend hit your AMEX after all! You'd end up paying ~$10-$12 in fees or something like that but no big deal!
I have always stayed away from buying gifts cards on AMEX MSR. Will this fly past the RATs?

I have always stayed away from buying gifts cards on AMEX MSR. Will this fly past the RATs?
Good point - I've been out of the AMEX game for so long I sometimes forget that. Just need to do it somewhere that doesn't pass through Level 3 data. I know typically grocery stores do not. Maybe somebody else can shed light on what other options might exist. If you find somewhere that doesn't do level 3 then you're good, the other thing then would be to buy some random priced item to alter the price so it doesn't come out in some multiple of $x.95 that tips them off.

Perhaps get some thoughts of others before you do this. Me and AMEX haven't exactly been simpatico in the past 15 months...

EDIT: and for those wondering...I totally used the word simpatico in a nod to Flynn Rider...man I love me some Tangled!!
4f1cea1570a699651caba1240e2df32a.gif

Good point - I've been out of the AMEX game for so long I sometimes forget that. Just need to do it somewhere that doesn't pass through Level 3 data. I know typically grocery stores do not. Maybe somebody else can shed light on what other options might exist. If you find somewhere that doesn't do level 3 then you're good, the other thing then would be to buy some random priced item to alter the price so it doesn't come out in some multiple of $x.95 that tips them off.

Perhaps get some thoughts of others before you do this. Me and AMEX haven't exactly been simpatico in the past 15 months...
I really like the idea of gift cards. I would happily pay the fees to get 1k in GC and put the remaining $150 on the CF to finish that one off.
@Albort @Lain anyone, thoughts on where to buy Visa gc without upseting the RATs?

Last edited:
I stopped liking him when he started having issues with Jess, who always bugged me.

They were messing around with flights times and numbers about a month ago. Both my flights changed by a couple minutes and the flight numbers changed. I accepted the change and then a week or so later the flight numbers changed back to what they were to start with. I've no idea what AS is doing. I've had more flight changes on these two August flights than in my past few trips with them combined. It's weird.

Honestly I would call AA and see what they can do. Know the flight you're good with that just changed numbers and the flight you'd prefer and see what they say. Since they didn't change it automatically like they should have you might be able to get the other flight, hard to say but I've always had good luck with changing flights around after changes, granted it was with Delta. It can't hurt to ask, worse case you'll end up on the flight with the new number that you should have been on to begin with if they'd been paying attention.
It seems like a lot of people like Jess but I just don’t at all. He’s rude to literally everyone except Rory and he’s still pretty rude to her too.

I really like the idea of gift cards. I would happily pay the fees to get 1k in GC and put the remaining $150 on the CF to finish that one off.
@Albort @Lain anyone, thoughts?

sorry, i havent been keeping up with the thread. your asking about meeting your Amex MSRs right?
id probably start with overpaying bills. Theres been a lot of nice AOs on bill pay ie Insurance 10% back, Phone bill 10% back, etc. Plastiq is another good option to pay big bills like rent?
if nothing works out, then yeah, gift cards. Just make sure u buy them like what @SouthFayetteFan said, at grocery stores... great to mix with actual grocery spendings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter