I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@afan That's how it ends????? There needs to be a reboot!! lol

I definitely agree Fall was the best of the four. And the good news is, I got DH back on the wagon to finish so that means I'll get to watch again soon. Originally we left off around the end of season five and we started watching again a few days ago :)

Wait...you and @Lain are married?? LOL!

giphy.gif
Yes I went on my honeymoon alone, since I went to San Diego Zoo and @Lain has never been there.
:jester:Silly boy.

@afan That's how it ends????? There needs to be a reboot!! lol

I definitely agree Fall was the best of the four. And the good news is, I got DH back on the wagon to finish so that means I'll get to watch again soon. Originally we left off around the end of season five and we started watching again a few days ago :)

But that's how ASP wanted to end the series, could you imagine that at the end of an ASP done season 7, granted the entire season would have been different because it would have been the Pallindino's doing it but still. Better at 30 whatever than 22. I agree it wasn't satisfying but I don't feel the need for more, but I didn't feel the need for more when the series ended, I thought the last ep was good and it still makes me cry after seeing it at least 5 times. And I love Gypsy (I can't remember the actresses name and I'm too lazy to look it up) as Emily's maid :)

I have a 13 day trip to WDW coming up shortly. We will be staying off site. We will be renting a wheelchair for mom and having it delivered to the resort we are staying at. There will be 7 of us going and we will be renting a minivan. The prices have come down quite a bit the last few days. I am currently holding 2 reservations and should cancel one. Budget has a Chrysler Pacifica for $387 or there is a Grand Caravan at Alamo for $470. I know nothing about vehicles. I have rented from Alamo and gotten their minivans and have no concerns about them. However, the Pacifica in the Budget picture looks smaller and my concern is fitting the wheelchair in the trunk space. I have also never rented from Budget and I know nothing about them. Any thoughts?
We had a Pacifica from Budget at MCO back in March. It was a nice roomy van. The trunk space was very comparable to the Grand Caravan. However, my experience at Budget wasn’t great. I have Fast break so I headed out to the garage. The CSR was extremely unfriendly. They had no vans available (around noon) so we were told to step aside and wait.
I’ve never had a bad Alamo experience. They seem to go out of their way to make sure you’ve had a great experience.
Have you checked costco? Keep checking! Maybe Alamo will come down.

All of the Aruba talk got me to commit for next spring break. We are a family of 5 adults so we’ll need 2 rooms. I love that Marriott lets you book rooms before having the points in your account. Between DH and I, we’ll have 2 x 35K free nights to use at the Renaissance. Then we’ll head over to the Stellaris for 5 nights. I’ll have 1 x 50k free nights and currently have enough points for one room. I’ll need 200K more for room #2. Tax day helped me start my way to earning those!

I might have one of my kids apply for a Bonvoy chase card and transfer those over.

DD19 has had almost 2 years of credit history of her own (a credit union VIsa and a Discover) and has been an AU on my card for 5 years. She has a Chase checking and savings. Any thoughts if she’d get approved for a Chase Marriott card?

I also think your DD has a good chance at approval. The conventional wisdom is Chase wants to see at least a year of credit history before they approve you for their cards, but having a banking relationship with Chase can get around that. There’s some thought that Chase co-branded cards are easier to get approval for. Just note there are two SUBs floating around right now for the Chase Marriott card, one with a 100k points bonus and another with, iirc, two 35k FNs, a $200 statement credit, and I think the first year AF waived.

OMG I just bought laundry bags for my trip :) I saw a friend use plastic sacks and thought- that was smart! A little Google later & I saw travel laundry sacks on Amazon that won’t rip!

I also bought a couple wet dry bags so I don’t have to scavenge around for a plastic sack for swimsuits, or hand wash laundry, that isn’t quite dry.
We just steal the laundry bags from the hotel room. :rolleyes1

Did I mention that DD21 finally asked what card she could get next? Yay! Except I have no idea when she is coming home. Booooo She is scheduled to come home July 1 but she just recently asked if she could go do a summer session in Australia straight from Africa! I'm like WHAT??? I was hoping she was kidding, but I don't think she was.
Apply and manage her card for her? That is what I do :) I always talk to my dd before though to make sure she is good with the plan.

Just curious...do you all put your dirty clothes directly back into the packing cubes? Just wondering how everyone transports their dirty clothes back home. We normally put it in plastic grocery bags, then back in the suitcases. I think a few of my family members don’t want the dirty clothing touching the luggage.

We bring along a few 13 gallon kitchen trash bags and throw our dirty clothes in there to keep the lining of our suitcases and clean clothes still in the packing cubes clean. We do wash the packing cubes and reuse the trash bags for actual trash when we get home.

So I’m intrigued by the conversations about Plastiq today. When I had initially approached my DH about it and told him there was a 2.5% fee, he told me it wasn’t worth it and I didn’t pursue it any more. But I’m seeing some stuff on here where if you spend so much, some of that can be fee free? I’ve probably missed the larger convo about this on either here or Reddit so if someone has it, I will check it out. Otherwise, a crash course into what you are discussing would be fantastic. We pay around $3500 in student loans through our business each month. I don’t know that we spend enough to get much on kickback other than if we were trying to meet a MS somewhere. Anyway, any help would be great! Thanks!

Just curious...do you all put your dirty clothes directly back into the packing cubes? Just wondering how everyone transports their dirty clothes back home. We normally put it in plastic grocery bags, then back in the suitcases. I think a few of my family members don’t want the dirty clothing touching the luggage.

We usually do some laundry, so it's not all dirty. The dirty clothes go in a plastic bag, which gets shoved into a packing cube. As we take small toiletries and toss them as we go (snacks, too) so we have less to squeeze into our suitcases on the way home.

I would think if it was something that should be taken into consideration the lounge and airport would have something. The PP lounges at Orly in Paris had dress codes, I can't remember if it was no jeans, but for sure no t-shirts, but they weren't in a section I could get to so it didn't matter. They may consider it a high enough transit location that they don't worry unless it's people that aren't just there to change planes. I'm sure you have, but have you tried the forums on trip advisor? I've found helpful info there.

I had no idea. Really? We were in an AF one in CDG and I had a nice t-shirt on (plus a cardigan) and didn't have any issues at all. I'm planning to use the same AF lounge this fall (it's really not all that special, but the location works and anything is better than just sitting at the gate), but was going to look into PP just in case. Guess I need to think about what I'm wearing? What a pain. It's such a long flight for us, with a layover and then another flight, so comfort is my #1 priority.

Wow can’t unsee that mental picture
View attachment 394915

That is so funny. I had typed up a post earlier today about having certain images in my head of some posters here. @SouthFayetteFan , @Lain and @Albort for some reason all 3 I have clear pics in my head of what they might look like. Not sure why. Then I deleted it and didn't end up posting it because I didn't want anyone to think I was creepy, lol. I can tell you that was NOT the image I had in my head! lol

Apply and manage her card for her? That is what I do :) I always talk to my dd before though to make sure she is good with the plan.

I thought about it, and probably will when the time is right. Right now I am in the middle of my own $5k spend with hopes of adding another $5k spending card very soon. I don't have that much money to go around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter